Boucaud gone

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ETBee

Re: Boucaud gone

About time.
rudebwoyben

It indeed makes sense. He really has been surplus to requirements this season.
Thanks for your contribution Andre.
Last edited by rudebwoyben on 09 Jan 2020, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
Jon83

Never overly impressed by him albeit injuries/age clearly didn't help him.

Hopefully we're clearing up for some new signings....
Patel89

Not a big loss wish him luck none the less
Patel89

What I do find strange is he's walked away from 7 months money or did we pay him off?

Strange as he signed 2 year deal
Tuesds

Patel89 wrote:What I do find strange is he's walked away from 7 months money or did we pay him off?

Strange as he signed 2 year deal
If this was the club’s proposal, which seems most likely, we will probably have agreed to pay him a lump sum to settle his contract.

Would be a negotiated sum which is less than the full value of the remainder of his contract, but of course in addition to taking that sum he also now has the opportunity to work elsewhere. Good luck to him.
MCB

He started 19 out of 89 possible games for us over these 2 years from my calculations, and rarely finished a game he started.

He's a senior player, will have been on a decent whack.

Fundamentally for the few brief moments that he was match fit and got into the speed of things, he was neat tidy and could have done a job. But that wasn't happening. I can't criticise John Still for that as was playing 40 times a season for the Daggers before coming to us, so has been unluck, and obviously needs to move on to get the playing time required.

I have no idea if he's fit at the moment, and not even making the bench. We all assume he isn't... Good luck Andre, sorry it didn't work out.

Now, who's next?

Wonder if he's off to join the Tamplin revolution at Romford?
Last edited by MCB on 09 Jan 2020, 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
MCB

Don't know why this came up - line up from 3rd league game of 2019 - vs Sutton.

Only 8 of the 15 left at the club, potentially only Tutonda of the starting XI likely to start on Saturday (judging by Cheye coming off at ht last game). We're getting there!

M Cousins
C Alexander
C Robson
D Tutonda
J Taylor
A Boucaud
M Elito
D Sweeney
E Mason-Clark
A Charles
S Coulthirst

W Huffer
J Payne
S Akinola
W Fonguck
B Harrison
Norfolkbee

A player of undoubted quality, but age and injuries have caught up with him. Doubt he is remotely fit for the foreseeable future. Had he been, DC would probably have held on to him until the summer, especially with Jack leaving.
rudebwoyben

MCB wrote:Don't know why this came up - line up from 3rd league game of 2019 - vs Sutton.

Only 8 of the 15 left at the club, potentially only Tutonda of the starting XI likely to start on Saturday (judging by Cheye coming off at ht last game). We're getting there!

M Cousins
C Alexander
C Robson
D Tutonda
J Taylor
A Boucaud
M Elito
D Sweeney
E Mason-Clark
A Charles
S Coulthirst

W Huffer
J Payne
S Akinola
W Fonguck
B Harrison
It took me a while for me to remember who 'A Charles' was!
Reckless

One for the conspiracy theorists.
The Chairman has said monies from transfers JT included will be pumped back into the team. Well, paying off a players
contract involves money and in essence it is being used for the team.. Just saying like.
MCB

Norfolkbee wrote:A player of undoubted quality, but age and injuries have caught up with him. Doubt he is remotely fit for the foreseeable future. Had he been, DC would probably have held on to him until the summer, especially with Jack leaving.
He's definitely not a like for like though. Jack Taylor has scored more goals in his last 6 league games than Boucard managed in his last 400....

Andre has scored 2 goals in his last 401 league games! I feel in Dunne & Adams we have more than enough central midfielders that don't score. And you can add Elito to that too, and even Harry Taylor & Sweeney if they get put into midfield.
hoppy

Maybe one or two lads from our Youth team might now be awarded contracts. I hope this is the case. The cost would be minimal and the long term benefits could be decent. Who knows, we may have another Jack Taylor in the making.
becbee

I can appreciate that he was doubtless a good player at this level once, however he never seemed to do much for us. Whether he was just past it or whether he just made insufficient effort I'm not sure - probably a bit of both. Presumably he'll now either join a Ryman League club near to his home or will just retire.