Macclesfield V Barnet

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Sam_BFC

Re: Macclesfield V Barnet

#Beebot wrote:That 2010-11 team under Stimson really was dreadful. McLeod and Kabba (when fit) was a great strike partnership, but the entire defence and midfield (Devera and Marshall apart) was barely NL standard. Can't believe we stayed up that year.
Most of his signings were certainly poor to say the least.

But although they weren’t around for long / sufficiently warrior like, Grant Basey and George Francombe were certainly talented enough. Add those two and you have more than half a decent team in my opinion. And then there is Byrne and Deering.

I suppose in the end the squad did prove to be just about enough but it did seriously lack depth.
beew

Sam_BFC wrote:
#Beebot wrote:That 2010-11 team under Stimson really was dreadful. McLeod and Kabba (when fit) was a great strike partnership, but the entire defence and midfield (Devera and Marshall apart) was barely NL standard. Can't believe we stayed up that year.

But although they weren’t around for long / sufficiently warrior like, Grant Basey and George Francombe were certainly talented enough. Add those two and you have more than half a decent team in my opinion. And then there is Byrne and Deering.

I suppose in the end the squad did prove to be just about enough but it did seriously lack depth.
Grant Basey.....Stevenage away, my first ever Barnet away game. That went well.
jerroll

Sam_BFC wrote:

Dearing signed on loan after Stimson had been sacked - PF was in charge by then.
Reckless

Dearing was a Paul Faicough signing.
Reckless

Der....read previous posts Reckless. Jerroll rules ok.
shankbee01

hoppy wrote:What's happened to ShankBee?
He used to be a prolific poster on this Forum but no posts for some time now.
Still here. Image

More of a casual observer these days/ vigilant moderator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk