Premier league return

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Roy57

Premier league return

I have just sat through what I believe was meant to be a football match. Spurs v Everton. Oh my god that was shocking from both sides. Both teams are pushing i thought for a place in europe. But you would not of believed that from either teams performance. I do not follow or support either if these teams but would of felt sorry if supporters who have to pay the cost of admission into these kind of games. were allowed into grounds to watch teams put in performances like that. neither team showed NO urgency. No commitment. Total lack of ideas. These are players who are paid huge sums of money per week and the Very least that should be expected is effort and desire. But this is sadly lacking in both of these teams tonight. But it is not just these two teams who are showing a total lack of respect to the supporters of these clubs. I feel you could add Aston Villa. Norwich. Watford. Arsenal. At least to list of teams who seem not to give to monkeys if they win loose or draw. Disgrace and these players should feel embarassed. or am I alone in feeling this way after watching matches played out like tonight's shambles.
ninestein

Re: Premier league return

The lack of fans inside the stadium has definitely had an effect on the intensity of matches. Barring a few exceptions, a lot of them feel like pre-season friendlies.

One interesting aspect is watching the game without the fake crowd noise, so you only get the raw atmosphere of players calling, the referee's whistle, the thump of the ball being kicked etc. If you shut your eyes you could be forgiven for thinking that you were at a capital league match on a wednesday afternoon.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Barnetchris

In 5 words is the answer ThE FANS ARE THE PRODUCT. I agree Roy, the lockdown has really opened peoples eyes to what makes football exciting it’s not about the players as much as we thought. I love watching football but it’s bad enough watching a team you support playing at the moment, but watching 2 teams as a neutral is close to mind numbing. We hear the fake crowd sounds they hear nothing, performances on the pitch effort and desire drop considerably, it’s inevitable whatever the players may say afterwards.
Barnetchris

Sorry didn’t see Ninestein post, the same.
ninestein

Even at amateur level on a Sunday morning, knowing that you have just a handful of people watching you from the touchline makes you raise your game.

Whilst I don't support a Premier League team, I do take a passing interest when the wife's at work and there's a game on TV. I hope we do get to a stage soon where even a limited amount of fans are allowed to attend games.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Norfolk & Chance

Some of the games I've seen have been very high quality. And there's been some outstanding goals.
Ok, the spurs Everton game was a stinker. That happens often enough when there IS a crowd.
A bit too much being read into one game methinks.
I watched 2 episodes of breaking bad so I had a superb evenings entertainment!
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Some of the games I've seen have been very high quality. And there's been some outstanding goals.
Ok, the spurs Everton game was a stinker. That happens often enough when there IS a crowd.
A bit too much being read into one game methinks.
Couldn't agree more. Did you watch Southampton v Manchester City on Sunday? That was brilliant entertainment.

In any league you'll get good, average and poor matches. Just as we've seen watching Barnet.