Hush hush

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Hush hush

It's Saturday!!! That's got to mean footy. Well, probably or possibly. We Bees fans know nothing.
We may be playing a game behind closed doors today, maybe it was yesterday, maybe tomorrow. Who knows?
Is it behind our closed doors or someone elses's? Who knows?
Who are the opposition? Who knows?
We do know a bit about our last hush hush game, we were privileged to find out after the event that we drew 2 2 against Ebbsfleet.A bit of detective work and we established it was on our Training pitch, not actually "behind closed doors".
And thank you to the Ebbsfleet fan who provided some clips of the game. Thanks also to Ebbsfleet FC which put more extensive video coverage on its website.
As for Barnet FC, a couple of tiny clips on its Twitter account.
I'm really not sure why the secrecy is so necessary from Barnet FC, but, hey ho, I guess we will find out more in the days/weeks ahead.
#Beebot

Re: Hush hush

They don't want fans to turn up to THL for games on the academy pitch.
hoppy

All they need to say is "No fans allowed in due to Covid restrictions". I'm pretty sure that would be respected.
Why the secrecy of the opposition and the lack of match video is still a bit of a mystery to me.
#Beebot

hoppy wrote:All they need to say is "No fans allowed in due to Covid restrictions". I'm pretty sure that would be respected.
Why the secrecy of the opposition and the lack of match video is still a bit of a mystery to me.
Some would definitely turn up. It's an open site and can't easily be closed off.
BigBee

hoppy wrote:All they need to say is "No fans allowed in due to Covid restrictions". I'm pretty sure that would be respected.
Unfortunately, there are Numpty’s everywhere, including Barnet FC supporters.
beew

Seems strange they're not playing these games within the stadium, on the new pitch. I can only assume they don't want opposition teams to have that experience before the new campaign kicks off.
#Beebot

beew wrote:Seems strange they're not playing these games within the stadium, on the new pitch. I can only assume they don't want opposition teams to have that experience before the new campaign kicks off.
Most likely protecting the pitch.
becbee

Why make an issue about this? Even if we did know who we were playing, time of kick off, which pitch was being used, etc, we'd not be allowed to attend. It's simply a practice match.
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Barnet 4 Braintree 1
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
barnetboy1

As long as it wasn't Trialist A,B,C & D on the score sheet then "We're on our way, we're on our way"

RTSC membership fully signed up.
COYBeees.
Tuesds

After that superb goal on Wednesday, two more for Mason Clark today. Very encouraging. Hope there’s video of today’s efforts, too.

The start of each of the last three seasons has been shaped to a large extent by a long list of injured key players. Fingers crossed that the likes of Mason Clark, Josh Walker, JJ Hooper and Harry Taylor stay fit for the fixture-heavy opening weeks of the season. As Steve Jenkins notes in the post-match Interview, we’ve got a small squad so keeping the players fit will be crucial.
tonbridgebee

Ebbsfleet asked for that game not to be made public knowledge, no idea why but they've done the same for all the games they've played pre-season, strange because they have signed their full squad almost so not as if trialists are waiting for game time and playing when they might well sign elsewhere.
hoppy

tonbridgebee wrote:Ebbsfleet asked for that game not to be made public knowledge, no idea why but they've done the same for all the games they've played pre-season, strange because they have signed their full squad almost so not as if trialists are waiting for game time and playing when they might well sign elsewhere.
Perhaps they've something to hide. Is the tax man after them?
becbee

hoppy wrote:
tonbridgebee wrote:Ebbsfleet asked for that game not to be made public knowledge, no idea why but they've done the same for all the games they've played pre-season, strange because they have signed their full squad almost so not as if trialists are waiting for game time and playing when they might well sign elsewhere.
Perhaps they've something to hide. Is the tax man after them?
They aren't hiding the details post matches, there's a match report and highlights on their Official Site.
And they did bring on 2 triallists as subs, although I agree that's not much.
letchbee94

Club been hush hush for years now not wanting to give team info out incase it helps the opposition.