Six Months

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DerekRocholl

Six Months

Greg Dyke on radio today saying at least 1 in 3 EFL clubs and an even proportion of NFL clubs have been brought to the point of going into administration by the Government suggesting that it could be 6 months before paying supporters are allowed Into the stadia.

Pretty grim stuff but it is difficult to see how this can be avoided without Government support, big lay offs, and a large reversion to amateurism.
Norfolk & Chance

Re: Six Months

Spurs paying 15 million quid a year for Bale's wages alone.
It's within the means of the entire premiership to support football in England and Wales and not even see a tiny dent in their resources.
That's how it could be avoided but it's unlikely it'll happen.
Modernist

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Spurs paying 15 million quid a year for Bale's wages alone.
It's within the means of the entire premiership to support football in England and Wales and not even see a tiny dent in their resources.
That's how it could be avoided but it's unlikely it'll happen.
It's hard to argue against the morality of what you say Norfolk, although the regular quote of Bale's wages is not relevant IMHO. Of course I would like to see the PL, Sky, BT the FA or whoever do their bit to support the pyramid, however there will always be the view that the way in which football is structured means that so many clubs leave themselves so close to financial hardship, the current situation has just highlighted it.

For me the absurd issue of not letting a % of fans dependent on ground size needs to be addressed quickly. I see Wealdstone have issued a £9.99 PTV scheme for their games, I think free to Season Ticket holders, but bizarrely you can watch the match in the bar at the ground with all lines of sight to the pitch etc blocked.

Same with the Dartford game on Saturday ??
Norfolk & Chance

I fully accept that during this pandemic, the rules and guidelines have produced anomalies. Most normal people have chosen to accept this as unavoidable and just got on with it, using common sense.
But the situation where fans can congregate in a bar to watch a stream of a match going on 10 yards away through blacked out windows is beyond mental.
Surely this one will be fixed sooner rather than later.
ETBee

The Beeb tonight have reported that, not unexpectedly, the Premier League have no intention of helping EFL or National League clubs financially. One problem they have is how to determine which clubs really need help.
Modernist

ETBee wrote:The Beeb tonight have reported that, not unexpectedly, the Premier League have no intention of helping EFL or National League clubs financially. One problem they have is how to determine which clubs really need help.
Which sounds like a get out (probably is), but it does make sense. How does the PL make an assessment of genuine need because of Covid and previous mismanagement of finances. The lines in some cases would undoubtedly be blurred.
letchbee94

ETBee wrote:The Beeb tonight have reported that, not unexpectedly, the Premier League have no intention of helping EFL or National League clubs financially. One problem they have is how to determine which clubs really need help.
Would not take that too seriously then if it has come from the BBC.