Accrington to go in Administration??

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Accrington to go in Administration??

I still look on the old message board from time to time and there was thread about Accrington being in trouble and maybe going into administration.

Is this true?
Moonchild_Bee

Re: Accrington to go in Administration??

This has more info - seems a very big worry to their fans: http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ ... 56854.html
letchbee94

Shame really, obvioulsy I want us to stay up but I don't want it to be just because a club got deducted 10points.
DerekRocholl

If we stay up because Accrington or anyone else have gone into administration because they have borrowed too much money to give themselves a competitive advantage over other clubs like ours, who only spend what they can afford, that is great news. They tried to cheat and failed we didn't and survived. As for supporters under these circumstances they should be following a club at the level they can support and so should we. If Accrington's level of support is not good enough for the Legaue why should they be there at our expense ?
johnp

If they do go it would be a great shame as the club has been around for a hell of a long time. But it seems a few clubs are in trouble due to over spending, i just hope we don't follow them.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
Milkfloat

Agree with previous poster. We are struggling partly because we live within our means and keep to league rules so can't shell out on expensive players. If others do not follow this approach, they should have to bear the consequences. You would have thought that some of this would have occurred to those who think TK should open his wallet a bit more. I would rather watch Blue Square football than see the bees go bust. We nearly did once before and I would not want to go there again - relegation is preferable to oblivion.
becbee

Agree with above posts. Accrington are even more of a non league club at heart than we are. Their attendances are lower than ours, their ground is worse than ours, their away support is poor, even their Offical Site looks non-league. They maybe find it easier to attract players than we do due to the low cost of living in the area but that ( and their manager) seems to me to be their only advantage over us. Everything suggests their financial situation cannot be any stronger than ours - but it is because we pay our debts and they don't. That cannot be fair and if they suffer a 10 point penalty which relegates them then they will have brought the situation upon themselves.
kingoffootball

Having taken a depressing look at the league table, if Accrington were deducted 10 points I fear they'd still finish above us come the end of the season.

I agree with previous posts, in that although I would feel some sympathy for Accrington fans, especially if the survival of their club is at risk, the ten point deduction is punishment for trying to live beyond your means and I still feel football clubs get off lightly for financial mis-management (see Leeds, Crawley etc.)
Three-time Conference champions
kingpinfid

Plus they would have to go into administration by mid-late March for the 10 point penalty to apply this season. Considering their modest points total, I can see administration being put off until at least April to ensure their football league status for another season.
buzzlightyear

They came up a year later......I can see them going down a year later... :roll: