Mcleod

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
mcleod23

Mcleod

For all the criticism that McLeod has received is wrong as it simply shows you do not leave your top scorer on the bench as shown yesterday when he scored. Both times at cheltenham and southend he's been on the bench and both times he's come on we'eve scored, The bottom line is that if you put the ball in the box McLeod will score.
PBBee

Re: Mcleod

He also actually put a lot of effort in yesterday he was running round and chasing defenders all game.
johnp

Apart from giving away a penalty which super Cole saved Mcleod played very well and i was impressed.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
jonbonbaby

it was never a pen though
Reckless

I think it was from my position, you foul or impede in the box even without intent.....always a penalty. Although to be fair I haven't seen the replay yet.
BeeBoi1980

From where I was (in line with the incident in the East), it was never a pen. The replay makes it look as though it was, but in real time, from very close, it looked a terrible decision. 3 penalties shaped our day yesterday, ours, and the misses by Lincoln and Burton.
GRH

Reckless wrote: you foul or impede in the box even without intent.....always a penalty.
Unless your name is Terry Heilbron. 13 years and I still can't let it go! :grrr:

I thought it was a soft award, but it was stupid of McLeod to give the referee the option of giving it.

I actually thought Ward had a decent game, which isn't a sentence that I thought I'd ever get to use.
Jon83

He played well yesterday... his run from his own half that led to the free kick that led to our third goal (i think) shows what he is capable of at this level (much like his goal against Accrington). If the team is playing well, he will thrive.

As for the penalty, I thought it was a penalty, albeit for a very 'weak' challenge. He pulled at the players shirt and he therefore gave the ref an opportunity to give the penalty. Mcleod should have it headed clear beforehand anyway instead of chesting down the corner!
John_c

GRH wrote:
Reckless wrote: you foul or impede in the box even without intent.....always a penalty.
Unless your name is Terry Heilbron. 13 years and I still can't let it go! :grrr:

I thought it was a soft award, but it was stupid of McLeod to give the referee the option of giving it.

I actually thought Ward had a decent game, which isn't a sentence that I thought I'd ever get to use.
From Newton Aycliffe, Co Durham. Effing useless bastard. it was nailed on you blind twat!
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
johnp

It did look like a penalty from where i was sitting, a soft one buy it was a penalty. Mcleod did pull the player.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
letchbee94

Football League Div 3 We 13May 1998 Colchester 3 - 1 Barnet (y)6 (R)1
Reckless

Thanks for that LB I remember it too well :sad:
letchbee94

He robbed me of my only chance of going to old Wembley and possible promotion to div 2 (league 1)

Had Wilson of scored the penalty.
JayB

We need to play 2 upfront home and away now, he was still lazy yesterday but McLeod played pretty well overall and watching the FL show yesterday it looked like the Lincoln play tripped himself up in the box.
PBBee

I agree JayB, like I mentioned on another thread the balance of the team was much better yesterday and obviously more attacking which is needed at all our home games remaining especially. It is also worth the risk for away games as wins are a necessity. What with Deering out on the wing now we really do have some great threat going forward - I really hope they all stay fit until the end of the season as Kabba seems to be prone to picking up knocks.

I still feel we are weak in central midfield and even though what Pullis did on his debut was disgraceful if he is actually a decent player I think PF may play him again.