Morecambe next week

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

Re: Morecambe next week

Well two more coming along on Saturday. Due to the family for £30 offer, I am dragging my two daughters along. It is slightly odd that it's cheaper to bring a family to the south stand than just two adults though!!! Is there anything to stop 2 adults buying a family ticket and just not bringing any kids to save £2? We could end up with a full to capacity South Stand with loads of empty seats!
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
Monsieur Abeille

As a distance supporter this season, really wish I could be there (and it wouldnt make any difference about the seat price). Unfortunately other commitments are in the way and wont even be able to listen to Karl, but the WAP update service will get some pretty heavy access.

Big big game, and for the first time this season I'm looking forward to it.
Golf Delta

b4life wrote:It is slightly odd that it's cheaper to bring a family to the south stand than just two adults though!!! Is there anything to stop 2 adults buying a family ticket and just not bringing any kids to save £2? We could end up with a full to capacity South Stand with loads of empty seats!
Sounds like it's another hare-brained, ill-thought out scheme designed to lose the club money rather than attract more people to come! :doh:

Does anyone know if there is a limit to how many Friends For a Fiver tickets I am allowed to get?
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
John_c

Stop berating the club for something that is unlikely to happen. Bringing a "mate" who hasn't been before makes fuck all difference to the atmosphere or way the team is likely to play on Saturday. Reducing the admission price will make little or no difference to the attendance either. It's a big game for both teams - the attendance will be higher than normal. Deal with it.

:grrr:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Golf Delta

I'm just thinking of buying 50 Friends for a Fiver tickets and flogging them for a tenner to anyone about to part with £13 at the NWT, doubling my money in the process.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
PBBee

Golf Delta wrote:I'm just thinking of buying 50 Friends for a Fiver tickets and flogging them for a tenner to anyone about to part with £13 at the NWT, doubling my money in the process.
Well you must have spent a lot of money on buying 50 season tickets/membership booklets as you need to give them a voucher and fiver in return for a ticket.
Golf Delta

PBBee wrote:
Golf Delta wrote:I'm just thinking of buying 50 Friends for a Fiver tickets and flogging them for a tenner to anyone about to part with £13 at the NWT, doubling my money in the process.
Well you must have spent a lot of money on buying 50 season tickets/membership booklets as you need to give them a voucher and fiver in return for a ticket.
So you're only allowed to bring one friend?

I'll be bringing my mate who stands next to me every week, losing the club £6 in the process. He's also a bringing a mate, who coincidentally also comes every week and that's another £6 lost. I don't understand the point of this scheme :unkw:
Phil The Force

Just thought -
You could buy a family ticket for £30 for you and a mate, saving £2.
Then sell the kids ticket for a fiver a piece, making yourself a tenner.
Sir Stanley of Flashman would be proud ;-)
Golf Delta

:gd: Nice idea, but as members, we only pay £11 to go on the NWT, but my mate will be chuffed by saving £6.

How much money would the club lose if every season ticket holder or Bees Member brought along a mate who goes every week anyway? The attendance would be the same but the takings would be a tad down.
GRH

John_c wrote:Stop berating the club for something that is unlikely to happen. Bringing a "mate" who hasn't been before makes fuck all difference to the atmosphere or way the team is likely to play on Saturday. Reducing the admission price will make little or no difference to the attendance either. It's a big game for both teams - the attendance will be higher than normal. Deal with it.

:grrr:
Reducing the price would make a difference to the attendance, if it was probably advertised, and if it was made simple, rather than the bizare schemes that the club seem to employ.

Obviously Morecambe feel that the size of the support matters, whether right or wrong, as they are laying on free travel.
Golf Delta

I'm just hoping that the clubs commercial manager doesn't end up running my company. We'd be bankrupt by next week.

Whoever thought up this daft idea that you could buy a ticket for a fiver and give it to a friend who comes every week and normally pays up to three times as much to get in?
kingpinfid

Yes - you are quite right that the system can be abused. But what sort of supporter would intentionally screw over their own club?

I'm just hoping that I don't ever end up in a round with you!
Golf Delta

It's a loophole of Flashman-esque proportions!
ShankBee

I find it peculiar that you take such delight from the prospect of saving your mate who always goes £6. Obviously your entitled to do it, what is it about the club you hate so much? Is it a personal thing with TK. Why so bitter? Is it cold at night? There must be something? Is it just the NWE terrace after all these years?
John_c

FrankBeeMrShankBee wrote:I find it peculiar that you take such delight from the prospect of saving your mate who always goes £6. Obviously your entitled to do it, what is it about the club you hate so much? Is it a personal thing with TK. Why so bitter? Is it cold at night? There must be something? Is it just the NWE terrace after all these years?
Indeed. You're making a big thing about all this Dukey. You don't seriously think that all members will bring a "mate" who goes to all games anyway? Do you?

No doubt if we lose on Saturday this will in some way be blamed on the mates for a fiver promotion? Must be a few more important things to worry about, surely?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player