Bees signing Jack Midson from Oxford // Now confirmed

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
neil1972

Re: Bees signing Jack Midson from Oxford // Now confirmed

A good signing......but probably too late

A work colleague who regularly goes to see Oxford said he is popular with their fans, good in the air & works hard for the team, so lets hope he goes straight into the side tomorrow for the Aldershot game.

Neil
PBBee

neil1972 wrote:A good signing......but probably too late

A work colleague who regularly goes to see Oxford said he is popular with their fans, good in the air & works hard for the team, so lets hope he goes straight into the side tomorrow for the Aldershot game.

Neil
I feel too late as well. We had to win on Saturday and that was it.
kingpinfid

Also interesting to read in the BBC Midson article that Simon Clist is being made available for loan, with the suggestion that he'll be leaving in the summer. Since being released in strange circumstances by Fairclough, he became a regular in left midfield at both at Forest Green and then Oxford - winning his second promotion from the Conference.

If we're relegated as expected, we should definitely take another look at Clist.
ShankBee

Not to sure if it was strange circumstances, PF said he saw him as a left back and that he wanted to play in left midfield, at that time we were going for the left winger style midfielder as opposed to clist's left mid style. Seemed like a very amicable departure from what i remember.
becbee

I'd love it if we re-signed Clisty. One of my favourite Barnet players. Could we have the other Simon ( King) back too? I'd be able to look forward to next season if those two were going to be in the team!!!!
lfolfo

He was one of our more ordinary players (at LB, pretty poor at CM) in an excellent team and I wouldn't be bothered either way if he came back.

If (when?!) we go down I'd be more excited about trying to re-sign Tynan, Sinclair, Dwayne Lee, Hatch etc. than him. No chance of Bailey or King and I presume we couldn't tempt back Graz or Hendon!