Manager Next Season

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Manager Next Season

Postby weino » 22 Mar 2011, 13:12

Moonchild_Bee wrote:
weino wrote:I have no evidence to support this but I doubt that Stone would be given the role and he should take that to be a compliment. It seems that Stone was brought in by PF as part of the process of creating a 'Barnet way'. To make him manager would mean sacking him if he failed. It seems to me the club want him for the long term and therefore wouldn't want to take the risk with someone who the probably believe is best at being a coach. It's similar to how even if we go down and PF does not stay as manager he will return to heading up the Hive. This is because the club want to create a system - a wise strategy in my view.

I agree with this, but I believe that Stone applied for the vacant managerial position at the beginning of the season, which implies that it is a role he covets. Therefore to be ignored for the role would possibly infuriate him.

I didn't know that. I suppose for him it is a bit of a no lose situation. If he succeeds then at a young age he has a good foot on the ladder and if he fails he can go to another club as a coach. I suppose a lot of it depends on the relationship between him and the club and the understanding they have over his position.
weino

Re: Manager Next Season

Postby kingpinfid » 22 Mar 2011, 13:20

Stone is first team coach, so he should shoulder some of responsibility for our poor season. Not sure that after the season so far he deserves a promotion.
kingpinfid

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat