Retained List

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Retained List

Postby BuzzingBee » 21 Mar 2011, 17:43

Having read another post got me thinking..and I am sure is already being discussed within the club who would we retain going into next season. Obviously still a number of factors to be considered namely what division we are in, lengths of contracts etc but on the basis you could retain everyone who would you keep into next season....cue the responses for "None!" :D

My retained List:

Cole
Devera
Parkes
Uddin
Dennehy
Leach
Fraser - Atitude must stink though as not even making the bench on Sat
Deering
Mcleod
Vilhete
Holmes
Marshall

That above is comfortable BSP top tier team and a couple of good additions would/could win promotion imo...clearly more investment needed in League 2 should we stay up.

Borderline:

Southam - Great bloke but questionable football talent
Hughes
Kabba - If he could manage a run of games but unfortunately is another Norville that we sadly can't afford
One of Taylor, Stimson, JJ - Pamboe - need a bit of youth

Released

The Rest!
BuzzingBee

Re: Retained List

Postby kingpinfid » 21 Mar 2011, 18:11

If you're going to release Kabba, you should definitely release Leach and Dennehy - both of which are equally injury prone and neither of which have played as many games as Steve this season.

Considering our limited funds and the lack of effort/interest likely to be displayed from the bigger name players, I would only retain/look to sign:

Cole - former player of the year
Devera - former young player of the year
Deering - could be very useful in the Conference
Byrne - ditto

Obviously Fraser and Vilhete will be retained, because they recently signed new contracts, but in an ideal world I wouldn't retain either.

Controversial to release Marshall and McLeod - but the former has consistently lacked end product and the latter will probably sign for Crewe or Bradford next season (plus can you imagine how little effort he would put in if forced to play in the Conference!).
kingpinfid

Postby PBBee » 21 Mar 2011, 19:22

I wish there was someone where I could find out how long everyones contract is. I think about it all the time and would love to know exactly what crap/few decent players we will be left with to keep/sell for a fee. This will be the first squad since we've been back where we don't get a good fee for our best players ie, Adomah, Bailey, Kandol etc
PBBee

Postby PBBee » 21 Mar 2011, 19:25

Also I really cannot understand some people's views on Mcelod, he was our only threat again on Saturday and has scored a decent amount taking into account the total crap he is playing in front. No chance Mcleod would stay with us in the conference anyway but we would have one of the best conference strikers I can think of and he would be at least in the top 5 (if not top) scorers list if he played the whole season.
PBBee

Postby Phil The Force » 21 Mar 2011, 20:06

PBBee-
If you follow this link to the BFCSA website there is a long list of all the players linking back to all the announcements made about each individual player when signing.
I can't guarantee it will answer everything though.
http://www.bfcsa.co.uk/about/stats_career.htm
Phil The Force

Postby PBBee » 21 Mar 2011, 21:28

Phil The Force wrote:PBBee-
If you follow this link to the BFCSA website there is a long list of all the players linking back to all the announcements made about each individual player when signing.
I can't guarantee it will answer everything though.
http://www.bfcsa.co.uk/about/stats_career.htm

I knew I had seen it somewhere ages ago. Thanks for that, bit depressing to read and a lot of original articles don't say how long the players contract but still useful.
PBBee

Postby buzzingbeebee » 21 Mar 2011, 21:34

I would retain:

J.Cole
Devera
Marshall
Hughes
Jarvis
(deering if possible)
Vilhete

and borderline Mcleod

the rest have to go
buzzingbeebee

Postby squeeze90 » 21 Mar 2011, 21:53

I think we should only keep the cream of the crop (4 or 5 max). We don't need a load of players who hardly know how to win matches. If we get relegated, we need to start afresh with players who know how to win football matches week in week out. Also, every player we sign from now on should be over 6 foot, or at least as close to as possible. Too many times this season we have fallen to sides with far less technical ability purely because of their size. This has to change. Why can't we be the big guys who out muscle the opposition? This has been the case for too many seasons now. We need 11 Matt Redmiles!
squeeze90

Postby wonderbee » 21 Mar 2011, 22:31

Pretty short from me I'm afraid:

Cole- a decent at this level, should be well above average in the Conference.
Devera- Sorry all, but I just can't see a championship club swooping in for him considering how bobbins we've been all season.
Mcleod- Unlikely to stay with us, not a 'warrior' to use a Faircloughism, but with any luck he won't be managing us anyway. Plus he's shown the only semblance of ability in the team the whole season.
Kabba- If he can stay injury free, I think we've got a Graz/Hatch pairing on our hands.

Possibly Marshall (if he learns how to cross), Possibly Fraser (Need to see more of him in all honesty).

I honestly wouldn't keep any more than that. Rip it up and start again.
wonderbee

Postby mduffy_918 » 22 Mar 2011, 01:52

Mark hughes is 1 of the reasons we are so poor, keep him and we will be relegated again next season, I wouldn't keep anyone, they all have to go even TK. Barnet are F'd and TK done F/A about it, except invest in a poxy training ground only fit for good players in which we have none, Pathetic
mduffy_918

Postby watfordbee » 22 Mar 2011, 07:22

mduffy_918 wrote:Mark hughes is 1 of the reasons we are so poor, keep him and we will be relegated again next season, I wouldn't keep anyone, they all have to go even TK. Barnet are F'd and TK done F/A about it, except invest in a poxy training ground only fit for good players in which we have none, Pathetic

whether we like it or not, you are spot on Mduffy, just wish more people would see this! Barnet fans seem to live in a dreamworld. We are a poorly run, poorly supported club, who lack so much ambition, heartbreaking as this hasn't always been the case :( oh well best traning ground in the conference!
Now Lingfieldbee
watfordbee

Postby WelwynWes » 22 Mar 2011, 08:37

Barnet are F'd and TK done F/A about it, except invest in a poxy training ground

You would rather we continued as nomads training on parks or begging to use other facilites? Whether you like TK/The Hive or not it adds value to the club. Should someone show interest the Hive will be a very big selling point - I was at the FL Saturday and the comments were very positive about it.
Former Barnet volunteer asst groundsman
WelwynWes

Postby BuzzingBee » 22 Mar 2011, 10:01

Forgot about Byrne...would retain/sign him as well.

Midfield of Marshall, Fraser, Byrne, Deering could do alot worse in the BSP...and worth trialing this season...with another up top!

And re the Dennehy/Leach comment yes both have played far less games than Steve this season but both have had one all be it bad injury that has ruled them out not consistent niggles therefore I reserve judgement on the fact they are "injury prone" and therefore worth retaining
BuzzingBee

Postby First Half Only » 22 Mar 2011, 10:30

I would retain...

Nothing to see here
First Half Only

Postby jonbonbaby » 22 Mar 2011, 11:13

camdjo is on a 2 year deal aswell
jonbonbaby

Next

Return to General Barnet Chat