Retained List

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Retained List

Postby PBBee » 22 Mar 2011, 11:36

So sick of turning up to pre seasons and recognising about 2 players, it's happened the last 4/5 seasons. Obviously it is more expected if you get relegated but still very frustrating and is a big reason for the lack of affinity between players and fans as well.
PBBee

Postby Golf Delta » 22 Mar 2011, 11:39

mduffy_918 wrote:Mark hughes is 1 of the reasons we are so poor, keep him and we will be relegated again next season,

:Drink1: Drink2: :y: :gd:

It depends what league we are in but presuming we will be in the BSP, of the current squad, I would keep, or try to sign;
Cole, Devera, Dennehy, Leach, Jarvis, Kabba, Deering, Marshall, Holmes, Cox, McLeod (unlikely), Vilhete, Byrne, Midson (I've seen him play a few times).

Parkes and Southam might be OK in the BSP, but would only keep them if desparate. I've never seen Pulis, Yorke, Johnson or Pamboe play, so can't comment on their suitability.

Hughes, Uddin, Stimson, Kelly, O'Brien, Coulton, Fraser, Parsons, Dunleavy should look elsewhere.

If by some major miracle, we are still in L2, I would only keep Cole, Dennehy, Leach, Kabba, Deering, Holmes, McLeod and Byrne. The others have proved they are not L2 standard.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Golf Delta

Postby jerroll » 22 Mar 2011, 13:58

Dunleavy belongs to Wolves, Parsons to Palace, Pulis to southampton,Deering & Midson to Oxford & Byrne to Forest so not our choice to retain or release them anyway & Eliot Johnson is a 1st year scholor so would be with us for another year if the youth set up remains in tact.Tommy Fraser has a further 2 years on his contract so would be costly to release. In addition Kamdjo signed for 2 years at the start of this season.
jerroll

Postby Golf Delta » 22 Mar 2011, 14:15

jerroll wrote:Dunleavy belongs to Wolves, Parsons to Palace, Pulis to southampton,Deering & Midson to Oxford & Byrne to Forest so not our choice to retain or release them anyway & Eliot Johnson is a 1st year scholor so would be with us for another year if the youth set up remains in tact.Tommy Fraser has a further 2 years on his contract so would be costly to release. In addition Kamdjo signed for 2 years at the start of this season.

Yes, what I meant John was some of those would be good options to sign if possible, others can go. Let's hope Calamity Kamdjo will only be needed in dire emergencies!
Last edited by Golf Delta on 22 Mar 2011, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
When you're arguing with an idiot, make sure the other person isn't doing the same.
Golf Delta

Postby jerroll » 22 Mar 2011, 14:21

He was in the Sun team of the week!
jerroll

Postby weino » 22 Mar 2011, 14:26

PBBee wrote:So sick of turning up to pre seasons and recognising about 2 players, it's happened the last 4/5 seasons. Obviously it is more expected if you get relegated but still very frustrating and is a big reason for the lack of affinity between players and fans as well.

Completely agree. I think we tried to do too much too fast last summer. It seemed that with the Hive, hiring of Stone and the disappointment of last season the club wanted to move to its new philosophy straight away (a bit like Bolton after Big Sam). This meant a whole new squad and management team. In retrospect it may have been better to make this change over a couple of seasons and therefore give yourself time to asses new signings over a prolonged period.
weino

Postby Golf Delta » 22 Mar 2011, 14:51

jerroll wrote:He was in the Sun team of the week!

The Currant Bun? That says it all! :geahh:
Golf Delta

Postby kingoffootball » 22 Mar 2011, 16:47

PBBee wrote:So sick of turning up to pre seasons and recognising about 2 players, it's happened the last 4/5 seasons. Obviously it is more expected if you get relegated but still very frustrating and is a big reason for the lack of affinity between players and fans as well.

Definitely agree with this - also, we've seen in the past that players we have let go have gone on to perform much better at other clubs, so there are definitely players worth keeping. For example, after the first half of the season playing at RB, there would have been a lot of justification for releasing Joe Devera, but he's been one of our best players since, so I think there are probably other players who have the ability to improve similar amounts in the correct setup.

[edit] for examples see MCB's post on Best Free Transfers
Three-time Conference champions
kingoffootball

Postby lfolfo » 22 Mar 2011, 17:01

why do some people rate Leach? It's a shame he got injured as he would have played a few games this year, but when I saw him last year he made Kamdjo look like Linvoy Primus. Maybe that's why Stimson thought this to be true!
Last edited by lfolfo on 22 Mar 2011, 17:13, edited 1 time in total.
lfolfo

Postby wonderbee » 22 Mar 2011, 17:05

lfolfo wrote:why do some people rate Leach? It's a shame he would have played a few games this year, but when I saw him last year he made Kamdjo look like Linvoy Primus. Maybe that's why Stimson thought this to be true!

Agreed. He was an absolute liability last year. Granted we haven't got many better this year, but that doesn't mean he's even remotely fit to wear a Barnet shirt.
wonderbee

Postby lfolfo » 22 Mar 2011, 17:15

Golf Delta wrote:
O'Brien, Coulton.

Out of interest, do you genuinely think these 2 are so disastrous? Coulton is a kid who we'd never have heard of if he hadn't been thrown in unexpectedly-didn't do well at Stevenage but surely unfair to judge on one game at his age. O Brien looked to have potential and if taught to kick could be a good replacement for Cole who I'd imagine will leave whatever league we are in next year (and who could blame him!)
lfolfo

Previous

Return to General Barnet Chat