TK fair play to you

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

TK fair play to you

I know I aint been your biggest supporter lately on here but I think a big fair play must be said I presume it must not of been easy for you to ask Martin to return especailly after the way (or the timing) he left us last time.

It may prove to be to late but lets hope Maritn and the team turn it around and keep us up (big ask I know) but in football you never know.

Iam now looking forward to there being a buzz back at Underhill.

Mad dog Martin Allen
teatime_bee

Re: TK fair play to you

Can someone refresh my memory, in what manner did MA leave the club?
JayB

teatime_bee wrote:Can someone refresh my memory, in what manner did MA leave the club?
He left Barnet for a great opportunity and a bigger club, fair play.
barnetboy1

teatime_bee wrote:Can someone refresh my memory, in what manner did MA leave the club?
Can you refresh my memory where he got the team in the table??

Let's give him a go!!
Paul Pasqualoni

JayB wrote:He left Barnet for a great opportunity and a bigger club, fair play.
Exactly. I still can't believe people hold grudges 7 years on because he wanted to better himself! It isn't like he could choose the timing of his departure as leaving for Brentford was the right move for him at the right time. It's not like it did the club any long term harm as he had laid the foundations for the promotion season in 04/05.

The fact remains that he is one of very few managers of BFC who people were disappointed to see depart or didn't outstay their welcome, which shows just what a good job he did first time round (the departures of Fry and Clemence are probably the only other two in the last 20 years where I can remember a feeling of disappointment when they left)

Whilst this season is a write off unless he is a true miracle worker, my main hope is that he is still in charge next season whatever division we are in and he can make going to Barnet games fun again! In fact the next 8 games will probably be more fun than the last 38 we've had to endure!
Peter Piper

Sorry but it's a no from me on the pat TK on the back front (if you see what I mean :laugh: ).

The start of 'it all going wrong' this season was surely TK's two-fold approach of appointing Stimson, and the apparent underwhelming financial backing of same (possibly due to a genuine lack of faith in Stimson's ability :unkw:).

Stimson, who's obviously no great spotter of talent on the cheap, starts the bargain basement trawl in order to keep within budget and in so doing creates the sub-standard squad we've come to know and love :roll:, and hey presto ever since we've been playing catch-up.

If we'd started with, first and foremost, a decent manager, and a serious budget, we'd have probably stayed up comfortably. Instead we're now trying to build a good quality team, last knockings, on the dodgy foundations of that poor initial outlay, using our third manager in less than a season, and probably paying 'well over the odds' on bringing in players and staff into the bargain!

It's like fitting flash hub-caps, go-faster stripes, and a gold-plated exhaust to your Trabant, just before lining up alongside Hamilton, Button & co. :bash:

''Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it''
Psycho

Time is a great healer and I'm delighted to have Martin Allen managing our football club once again. It couldn't have been an easy decision for Tony Kleanthous with what happened in 2004 but life's too short to hold gruges. I'm really excited about Mad Dog signing some decent players, similar hopefully in ability to Giuliano Grazioli, Simon King, Ian Hendon, Chris Plummer, Joe Gamble, Simon Clist etc. Also creating a strong bond between supporters and players - something that's been missing for quite a while. He'll need time and I hope he remains loyal to the club this time but he can spot a good footballer.

Well done Tony Kleanthous. :y:
Milkfloat

I could easily be argued that he built the team that got us promoted. He pretty much re-built the team from nothing and, in contrast to MS, built a half decent side. Glad to have him back. If nothing else, it should be :D entertaining!
letchbee94

People this was not ment as a negative thread Iam pleased we got the mad dog back, Paul Pasqualoni are you saying you did not find Port Vale and Northampton away fun? ;)
Paul Pasqualoni

letchbee94 wrote:People this was not ment as a negative thread Iam pleased we got the mad dog back, Paul Pasqualoni are you saying you did not find Port Vale and Northampton away fun? ;)
Not as much fun as Rotherham away! :lazy:
letchbee94

Oh yeah Rotherham away how could I forget that 1 :laugh: