There's always someone worse off than you....

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
barnetboy1

There's always someone worse off than you....

"THE boss of an English soccer club has told fans angered at the club's new Michael Jackson statue can "go to hell" and support another club.
Mohammed al Fayed, the chairman of Fulham, in west London, unveiled his controversial tribute to the late pop star outside the club's stadium yesterday.

The arrival of the life-sized statue was lost on a number of Fulham's fans. Although a friend of Mr Al Fayed, Jackson had no connection to the club beyond a single visit there in 1999.

Mr Al Fayed, who used to own London department store Harrods, rejected any complaints, saying: "If some stupid fans don't understand and appreciate such a gift they can go to hell. I don't want them to be fans. If they don't understand and don't believe in things I believe in they can go to (rival club) Chelsea, they can go to anywhere else".

Well done,Mr al Fayed,well done.
COYBees!!!
Attachments
images[4].jpg
images[4].jpg (12.81 KiB) Viewed 3966 times
wonderbee

Re: There's always someone worse off than you....

I was convinced this was an April fool when I saw it.

Anyway. TK. Let this be a lesson. You have been warned. Do NOT erect a statue of Kevin Rowland of Dexy's Midnight Runners fame, regardless of his links to Fairclough. Because we will support Stevenage if you do.
squeeze90

Al-fayed the new flashman?
pb1uk

I think the fans would have forgotten about it come the full time whistle after such a thriller of a game.

Would have been better if the statue of Jacko was wearing the clubs colours, Black or White though.

I'll get me coat....better beat it!!!

In all seriousness though what a joke! Why can't he put one in front of his house of something. From memory wasn't Jacko an Exeter fan, sure i saw him somewhere with Uri Gellor with a Exeter shirt or scarf!
beeline

It looks like a giant version of one of those 'cheap' plastic toys the kids get in a toy shop. It's laughable. :eee:

Hang on though we've had a few famous people at our ground
Does it mean TK will put one up of the bloke from It ain't half hot Mum when he snuffs it ?
I heard Tony Curtis visited Craven Cottage surely he'll put a plastic resembled statue of him up next.
johnp

We could have one done of Mark stimson which would be made out of rubber so that we can throw darts at it.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property
Services
kingpinfid

To be fair though, al Fayed put millions of his money into what was then a struggling lower league football club. Would a logical and reasoned person have done that? Probably not. So Fulham fans have benefitted greatly from his irrational decisions in the past!

At least some of the Fulham supporters took it in good humour on Sunday.
bucks bee

We could have a statue of John Motson in his sheepskin jacket outside Underhill.
Phil The Force

Was Stevie Wonder the sculptor?
It looks nothing like Michael Jackson.
LOL
JayB

How long before it gets knocked down?

I'll give it 5 weeks.
barnetboy1

It won't be West Ham fans who knock it down.

(Think about it!)

Sorry,I'll get me coat.
markobee

kingpinfid wrote:To be fair though, al Fayed put millions of his money into what was then a struggling lower league football club. Would a logical and reasoned person have done that?
It was never really his own money - as anyone who read the 'Private Eye' journals of the time may recall. The Fayed empire seemed to have been built on largely fictional money, fast moving around the world and through numerous companies with dizzying complexity, to escape scrutiny (and tax!). Of course, he wasn't alone in that - as the recent financial crises have demonstrated.
The rich (and certainly the very rich) rarely get rich by risking their own money. When Fayed put money into Fulham, altruism was probably the least likely motive.

COYB!
amberforever

I'd let Tony build a replica Never Land over Underhill if his MA plan keeps us up!!!

"Who's bad"
:shock:
DerekRocholl

Can't understand why anyone is getting so wound up about it. it's a statue. it can be removed as soon as Al Fayed pisses off. In the mean time it has probably attracted a whole load of attention from people who have never heard about Fulham to the club and all for a £60k layout. Al Fayed is a smooth criminal, who is not alone at being bad but on this one he is probably doing it the right thing for the black and white.