Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
StephenM

Re: Welcome Thread - Introduce Yourself

How many years following the Bees: 24
Which Stand: West Bank, East Terrace, now West Stand
All Time Favourite Player: Liiiiiinvoy
All Time Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory: The 1991-1993 era
Worst memory: John Still's short corner routines.
Other Sports you watch: Cricket, darts
Hobbies: Football
letchbee94

Where abouts in Letchworth are you?
StephenM

letchbee94 wrote:Where abouts in Letchworth are you?
The posh bit, Jackman's estate.
letchbee94

Ok very nice lol.
panshangerbee

How many years following the Bees: 20-oddl
Which Stand: used to be East terrace, now South Terrace
All Time Favourite Player: Graz. There are many players who could be made a case for, but Graz wins, for being a such a top chap.
All Time Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory:
Ian Hendon walking round the pitch with his kids after winning the Conference; TK's face the same day; the rest of the day after that.
Slightly more recently, being the only person in Wellies, Skegness http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... gland.html watching the Gateshead game and then walking back to my Mum's slightly inebriates, celebrating silently.
Worst memory: Barnet 1 - P'Boro 9; away to MK Dons in the middle of Winter (Hendo got sent off); Getting lost trying to find my car after a game at Kenilworth Road after losing (I think) 3-1 (I remember Abu Ogogo? got sent off for fighting at half time).

Other Sports you watch: Rugby, Boxing
Hobbies: I wish, I have small children
LadyBee

How many years following the Bees: 1
Which Stand: East Terrace
All Time Favourite Player: Akinde
All time Favourite Manager: Allen
Best Memory: Winning trophy last season
Worst memory: LO 2 Barnet 0 last Saturday
Other Sports you watch: F1, Athletics, Cricket, Swimming
Hobbies: Holidays and going out!

After a year of reading these posts and having signed up as a Barnet member I am becoming legit.
sloopjohnbee

Location: Whetstone, 25 minute walk from Underhill, 35 minute cycle ride to the Hive.

Years supporting Barnet: Since October 4th 1980 when Scarborough beat us 2:1 with Roy Clayton scoring for the Bees in front of 923 fans and me. (Bit of an armchair Man U fan until that afternoon, when my blood turned from red to black and amber and stayed that way.)

Favourite manager: Love uncle Martin, loved Paul Fairclough for his positivity, but you never really move on from your first and it's Barry for me....

Favourite player: Linvoy Primus set me alight!.. although when Dougie Freedman scored on one minute to beat Manchester City (Manchester City FFS).....

Football supporting style: One of almost total ignorance of tactics, positions, formations and style of play. All I really know is that when the team in Black and Amber put the ball in the other team's net, then that is a good thing. And that's enough!

Watch from?: Used to watch every home game from the 'West Bank' (or the other end depending on which way we were kicking) , and a few significant aways, then moved to the standing bit on the long side closeish to the half way line, but didn't get to so many games thanks to a young family. Now stand in the South, but did try the stand for the Crystal Palace game and you do get quite a good view from up there... Got to about a dozen games last season and will never forget a minute of it especially that final day...

Things I love about Barnet FC: Everything, but especially things like ; - that we used to chant 'We're Barnet the runners up...' when we spent years coming second before that day at Fisher, - that a mazy run down the wing followed by a cross into row Z, can still occasionlly induce a chorus of 'Oh Eddie Eddie, EddieEddieEddieEddie Eddie Stein' some 20 odd years after he left, - that we didn't die,- that a fan has sponsored Ricky Modeste, - that last season they tied me in knots, took me to hell and back, gave me hope, made life great, and finally did it!
Doss

Location: Ballarat, Australia (just over 1 hour drive west from Melbourne)

Started supporting Barnet: 2009

Favourite Player: Albert Adomah

Favourite Manager: Martin Allen

Best Memory: LAST SEASON!!!! vs Gateshead

Worst Memory: Relegation 2012/13 (Also losing the photos of when I went to Underhill in 2009 - only time I've ever been to England)

Other sports: F1, Cricket, AFL (Australian Football), Golf

Hobbies: Holidays, Music, Food, Sport
Doss

Davoc wrote:Hi All!

I am David. Another of a weird case scenario, but here goes...

First of all I declare that I am a Gunners fan! However since about 2006-07 have always had a soft spot for the Bees, consistently checking the teams results, and all the usual drama associated with the club. I also remember Arsenal kicking off their season with an friendly at the Underhill for many years. Have on more than one occasion used the Bees on FIFA and Championship manager as well. It is a bit difficult keeping in touch with results, rumours and all that from the other side on the world (Melbourne, Australia) but forums like this one (have been a guest for many years), twitter and apps on phones do make it a lot easier! Its also cool and interesting that a couple of ex Bees are currently playing really well in the Premier League, notably Bolasie and Puncheon. Do also support my local club Melbourne Victory.
So very similar to me in terms of background story. Raised as an Arsenal fan since just before the Invincibles (only 7 years old at the time), but began to follow Barnet partly due to the first pre-season friendly. Last few years have really supported Barnet strongly, and would have to say that I now follow Barnet as much as Arsenal. I would have to say if League 2 got more coverage in Australia than it currently does, then I would probably be much more of a Barnet fan than Arsenal. Even support the same team over here in Australia (Victory).
Davoc

Good man!
X-Bumble

Doss wrote:
Davoc wrote:Hi All!

I am David. Another of a weird case scenario, but here goes...

First of all I declare that I am a Gunners fan! However since about 2006-07 have always had a soft spot for the Bees, consistently checking the teams results, and all the usual drama associated with the club. I also remember Arsenal kicking off their season with an friendly at the Underhill for many years. Have on more than one occasion used the Bees on FIFA and Championship manager as well. It is a bit difficult keeping in touch with results, rumours and all that from the other side on the world (Melbourne, Australia) but forums like this one (have been a guest for many years), twitter and apps on phones do make it a lot easier! Its also cool and interesting that a couple of ex Bees are currently playing really well in the Premier League, notably Bolasie and Puncheon. Do also support my local club Melbourne Victory.
So very similar to me in terms of background story. Raised as an Arsenal fan since just before the Invincibles (only 7 years old at the time), but began to follow Barnet partly due to the first pre-season friendly. Last few years have really supported Barnet strongly, and would have to say that I now follow Barnet as much as Arsenal. I would have to say if League 2 got more coverage in Australia than it currently does, then I would probably be much more of a Barnet fan than Arsenal. Even support the same team over here in Australia (Victory).
Welcome Doss!
To bee or not to bee

How many years following the Bees: 1 seriously
Which Stand: East Stand near the Hive bar
All Time Favourite Player: Andy Yiadom - one man team
All Time Favourite Manager: Martin Allen
Best Memory: Winning the championship against Gateshead in a packed out Hive
Worst memory: Losing the 3-0 lead against Kidderminster but its all been good really
Other Sports you watch: Cricket F1 Athletics
Hobbies: Holidays, Studying for OU History degree ,gardening, swimming, going out
Mikel Bee

To bee or not to bee wrote:Location: Stanmore
How many years following the Bees: 1 seriously
Which Stand: East Stand near the Hive bar
All Time Favourite Player: Andy Yiadom - one man team
All Time Favourite Manager: Martin Allen
Best Memory: Winning the championship against Gateshead in a packed out Hive
Worst memory: Losing the 3-0 lead against Kidderminster but its all been good really
Other Sports you watch: Cricket F1 Athletics
Hobbies: Holidays, Studying for OU History degree ,gardening, swimming, going out
Welcome to the forum TBONTB. Out of interest, what made you start watching the Bees a year ago?
To bee or not to bee

We only live 20 odd minutes walk from the Hive and we had been meaning to go to a game for a while. Our first game was the 5 - 0 win against Altrincham last September and we got hooked and went to most of the home games for the rest of the season and became members this August. We have even been to the away games this year at Orient Bristol Rovers and Portsmouth and are going tomorrow and hope we see the Bees get something from the game - don't want to jinx it though. We like the HIve but can understand how frustrating it must be for ex Underhill fans especially as it takes so long to get to the ground on public transport from Barnet. I am also an Argyle fan and was gutted the game was on a Tuesday evening as we couldn't have the time off to go. I was hoping for a draw by the way!
King Gary Barnet

My name is King Gary Barnet, 2nd son of King Barry Barnet and 4th cousin twice removed (from the South Stand), of King Harry Barnet. I have supported Barnet United for several weeks. I first heard of your soccer team when I saw a Twitter thread trending about a chap known as Bee_Forever who is suffering from an extreme case of "Stuck Word Syndrome". I donated £3 towards the finding of a long term cure for this sad condition from which suffer he does.

I am a part time pendant and amateur Brian Surgeon and hope to watch the Barnets get back into the Leagues.