Welcome Thread - Introduce Yourself

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeBoy

Re: Welcome Thread - Introduce Yourself

Welcome Learningtrade. Echoing BarnetSteve's comments really. Great to hear locals like you interested in games at The Hive and hope you enjoy the time there when you come and watch a match. Once a Bee always a Bee. You will love it. Roller coaster of emotions supporting Barnet!haha.

Ps-Maybe even come and watch a Rugby League match at The Hive (London Broncos Rugby League have just moved into The Hive) also and see what you think.
newark_hobo

How many years following the Bees: 29 years
Which Stand: East terrace (Underhill)
All Time Favourite Player: Andy Clarke
All Time Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory: Fisher away on the promotion day
Worst memory: Losing to Northampton last year to re-secure our spot in the Conference
Other Sports you watch: Formula 1, athletics
Hobbies: cycling, bit of running and watching the children grow up!
giantbee

How many years following the Bees: 12 years (Since I was 8)

Which Stand: East terrace (Underhill) West Stand (The Hive)

All Time Favourite Player: Albert Adomah

All Time Favourite Manager: Martin Allen

Best Memory: There's been many great memories. Beating MK Dons 0-1 in their own back yard, going top of the league vs Northampton on that Friday night, staying up at Rushden in our first season back, last game at Underhill with Stackys save. But Man United away tops the list for me, I will never ever forget Dean Sinclair scoring in front of us bees, a memory to cherish forever.

Worst memory: Losing at Northampton to get us relegated, tears were shed.

Other Sports you watch: I don't watch any other sports if I'm being honest!

Hobbies: Playing football, running, away days!
50yearsaBee

Years following Bees: 50 - first game in 1964 in Southern League v Dover at home - 0-0
Which Stand: North Terrace (Underhill)
All time Favourite Player: Les Eason
All time Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory: Many but beating Newport County 6-1 in the FA Cup & beating Port Vale on last day of season 2011 rank up there
Worst Memory: Losing at Wembley to Stafford Rangers (there), losing to Torquay to go down in 2001(listening on radio)
Other Sports: Cricket
Hobbies: Reading the Message Board
Stevo75

Supported: 20 years
Favourite player: Gary bull
Favourite manager: bazza
Best memory's : not enough
Worst memory: too many
Home:camberley
Job: what ever I can
Hobbies: footy,boxing,holiday's
bee1981

Location: Wilsden Green, been in London 15 years. Originally from Belfast
How many years following the Bees: um...3 days.
Which Stand: Family
All Time Favourite Player: ...to be confirmed
All Time Favourite Manager: ...to be confirmed
Best Memory: John Akinde scoring a hat-trick against Altrincham in the Conference (3 days ago).
Worst memory: Getting stuck in traffic on the way home from watching John Akinde scoring a hat-trick against Altrincham in the Conference (3 days ago).
Other Sports you watch: Rugby Union (rarely these days).
Hobbies: love Music and acting like a prat with my kids.
Humblebee2000

Live...blackwater Surrey
Supported...3months
Fav player ... Cookie
Fav manager... Mad dog
Seat... Where ever I can get a ticket
Job ... Skip hire manager
Best bit so far ... Friendly people I've meet at the club
Worst bit ... Prices in the hive bar
Fact ... Been a west ham supporter all my life but started
Following barnet since my son "Mathew stevens" sighed for the club a few months ago
PBBee

Humblebee2000 wrote:Live...blackwater Surrey
Supported...3months
Fav player ... Cookie
Fav manager... Mad dog
Seat... Where ever I can get a ticket
Job ... Skip hire manager
Best bit so far ... Friendly people I've meet at the club
Worst bit ... Prices in the hive bar
Fact ... Been a west ham supporter all my life but started
Following barnet since my son "Mathew stevens" sighed for the club a few months ago
Your favourite player isn't even your son? ;-)

Welcome to the club - your son looks like a real prospect.

1 warning - If you see any negative comments on here - don't take them to heart.

Can we imagine if KMB's family members came on here!!!
Humblebee2000

Thank you PBbee all you guys have made us and more importantly Mathew feel very welcome since we have been attanding home games over the last few months ! Thanks for the advice about negative comments I will have to grow thicker skin lol all I hope is everybody understands he's only 16 and chasing a dream ! any way thanks again guys and I look forward to reading and learning more about the in's and outs of this very friendly club ! Cheers !
wearebees

Welcome Humblebee, good to see you post here. Don't worry, when Matthew starts playing I'm sure majority will appreciate his age. Of course you always get a minority who scapegoat, abuse etc at any club (hopefully not the kids) but I do feel the majority at Barnet try to get behind the players. Glad you’ve found it friendly anyway. Many calls on here for Matthew to start already, seems a great prospect. Hope he stays a while, great place to learn your trade! We’ve had a few youth team players get into the first team the last few seasons, Mauro, Johnson, Gambin etc but would be good to see more, not that he is officially from the youth team. PS can't Matthew get you a discount in the bar?!

Also welcome to bee1981, hope you realise what you’ve got yourself in for!! No doubt on a cold Tueday after a 0-0 you will wonder what on earth you’re doing but fact is once you’re hooked, you’re hooked and everyone deep down loves it anyway, never boring that’s for sure!
Humblebee2000

Thank you wearebee your very kind and yes Iam looking in to getting a discount card thank you ! Mathew doing well at the min he's got 15 or 16 all ready this season but we have are feet very firmly on the ground he's got a long way to go before he can say he's done any thing all he can do is carry on doing what he's doing and hopefully he will get his chance thanks again
BaninBee

Supported: 16 years
Stand: East (Underhill), South (Hive)
Favourite player: Jason Puncheon/ Simon King / Fraiser Toms
Favourite manager: Paul Fairclough
Best memory's : Wycombe in 2013, last game at Underhill
Worst memory: Torquay in 2001
Home: Edgware
Job: Finance
Papintwin

Supported: 50 years
Stand: East (Underhill)
Favourite Player: Colin 'Paddy' Powell
Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory: Beating Enfield 2-0 in front of an absolutely packed Underhill in the FA Cup. Barnet lost 3-2 to Preston in the next round.
Worst Memory: Losing 4-7 to Crewe at Underhill, in Barnet's first game in Division 2.....(what then was Div. 3). Can't recall Steve Phillips making a save. However, Barnet's attack was impressive that day.....but not the defence, sadly.
Home: Poland, near Warsaw. Previously lived in Friern Barnet.
Job: Proof-reader for an oil company.
shitforbrains

Name: Harry Lambert aka Shitforbrains
Supported: 25 years
Stand: Hive Main Stand
Favourite Player: Nurse
Favourite Manager: Martin Allen
Best Memory: 5-0 last week!!!
Home: Edgware
Job: Technical College
Other teams : Chelsea, Millwall, Brighton, Hartlepool, Celtic, Stanrar, Clydebank, Wolves, Juventus, Benfica, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Galletasary, Odense
bridgybee

I guess it's about time I did this, if only to get s***forbrains off the front page! Also 'cos we're just about to visit Chelmsford in the Cup and they were the first team I saw Barnet play against, in October 1970.

Location - Bridgwater, Somerset
Years supporting Barnet - 44 and a week!
Stand - South Terrace at the Hive. At Underhill, I started on the West Terrace in front of the Main Stand (beside the dugouts), but later moved on to the East and then, for just the last two years there, became a season ticket holder in the South Stand.
All time favourite player - Colin 'Paddy' Powell
All time favourite manager - Barry Fry
Best memory - 6-1 against Newport in the FA Cup stands out, as it was probably the second game I ever went to. Also the Southern League Cup replay in 1972, when we beat Hereford on penalties in November after the game had been held over from the previous season and our opponents had been elected to the Football League. I see that this trophy doesn't appear on the list at the front of the programme, only FA Trophy runners-up that year!
Worst memory - Losing to Stafford in that final comes close, although it's also one of the best 'cos Barnet played at Wembley! Also the two relegations from the Football League.
Other sports you watch - Cricket mainly, but anything with a bit of drama.
Hobbies - Cycling, cryptic crosswords, classical music, lots of stuff beginning with 'c'!