Welcome Thread - Introduce Yourself

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
DownUnderBee

Re: Welcome Thread - Introduce Yourself

How many years following the Bees: 32
Which Stand: Don't currently have one (too far away to attend games)
All Time Favourite Player: Paul Showler
All Time Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory: Winning promotion at Fisher Athletic (my dad caught the ball at full time and tried to put it up his jumper but a copper behind him was having none of it
Worst memory: Last game at Underhill - cracking atmosphere and Stack's save aside, it left me with a feeling of loss. Emigrated to Australia not long after, so that feeling pervades
Other Sports you watch: Pretty much everything. If Kabaddi made a tv comeback I'd watch it
Hobbies: Sunday evening Skype calls with Dad (season ticket holder) to check on how the Bees went, frolicking around Sydney's Northern Beaches, introducing the mighty Barnet to every Aussie I meet
jerroll

Kabaddi has been on sky over here in recent months!!
X-Bumble

OK, I've just watched the latest MA video, and I'm now wavering again lol. I like MA a lot, and I like his candidness. Now he has come out in this video and faced it, I'm back onboard.
I really, really want him to succeed as I really respect him as a manger, but he must turn this around and quickly.
SwedeBee

First post in this forum, although I've been browsing here for a couple of months.

How many years following the Bees: 5 years since my first visit to Underhill
Which Stand: Different when I'm there once a year
All Time Favourite Player: Shaun Batt
All Time Favourite Manager: Barry Fry
Best Memory: First visit to Underhill
Worst memory: The development of hoofball
Other Sports you watch: Only football
Hobbies: Football Manager, refereeing and playing football.
mrgoat83

Hi All,

Barnet fan from the midlands fan for over 20 years mascot as a kid and two years ago at away at Nuneaton was giving the team talk and meeting the team in a 2-0 win. try to get to as many games as possible and have a lot of co-workers now having Barnet as there second club.
ShankBee

mrgoat83 wrote:Hi All,

Barnet fan from the midlands fan for over 20 years mascot as a kid and two years ago at away at Nuneaton was giving the team talk and meeting the team in a 2-0 win. try to get to as many games as possible and have a lot of co-workers now having Barnet as there second club.
Welcome Mr Goat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighburyBee

How many years following the Bees: 10
Which Stand: West
All Time Favourite Player: Albert Adomah
All Time Favourite Manager: Not Laurie Sanchez
Best Memory: Winning away to Oxford United in the 2015-2016 season
Worst memory: The last game at Underhill
Hobbies: Vinyl Junkie
davidroake

hi there
ive been a bees supporter since the early 1960s
born in finchley, for the first 20 years of my life i was a chelsea supporter as my dad was born in chelsea and a lifelong supporter
in 1954-55 as a 9 year old i saw every home game as chelsea were crowned first division champions
i first got interested in barnet when my youth team were trained by jeff voyce around 1960 and gradually became more of a supporter as the 1st division and then the premiership became more elite and money orientated
as an older man now im amazed at the fitness effort and enthusiasm shown by our boys. you can never fault them on those things
even if they dont play well occasionally
best manager - the one and only barry fry but i hope the club give rossi and henry a chance now, they dont seem to have done much wrong so far
favourite players - ive got to say jeff voyce but more recently chris plummer and linvoy primus who both played in the same position as me
only rather better
wish the boys goods luck v doncaster on saturday
NorthFinchleyBee

Hello there

I'm Finchley based, have been for 22 years this year. Have been watching Barnet for around 8 years
Born in Norwich and will always been a Canary first, but Barnet are very firmly in my affections now and my young son equally so I'm glad to say.
Best manager - Paul Fairclough, though agree that Rossi and Henry should be given a go - I really like the way Henry gees up the fans to support the team.
favourite players - Jason Puncheon and more recently, Michael Nelson (he used to play for Norwich) as I think he is a rock at the back.
Best moment - watching Barnet play champagne football against Crawley Town about 8 years ago - score was 4-0 I think. Absolutely demolished them
Worst moment - leaving Underhill (although saying that, I think the club had no option and I think the Hive is absolutely fantastic)
wish the boys goods luck hoping for a win on Saturday against Newport - I'll be there

C'mon you Bees!
MCB

Warm welcome to North Finchley, Highbury & David Bee's!

Who are actually new here...
NorthFinchleyBee

I've only been looking at the forum for the past week or so.

Best, North Finchley
BeesKnees1873

How many years following the Bees: 7
Which Stand: Underhill 'stand'...
All Time Favourite Player: Graz. Obviously
All Time Favourite Manager: The money-chaser still wins it despite Eastleigh decision!
Best Memory: Best memory - you know it's Barnet right.
Worst memory: Has to be Torquay
Other Sports you watch: Everything
Hobbies: Travelling - Eating - Sleeping
BusheyBee43

Hi I am Ben I am 13 I have been supporting barnet for a year and a half
My favourite player was Aaron Mclean his skill and pace was amazing considering he was 35 a honourable mention is Mark Randall a good industrious midfielder with lovely set pieces
My favourite current player is shomotun love his skill and pace hopefully he gets back in the team because he was amazing

Favourite memory 2-1 win against Luton just to shut them up was amazing
Worst memory 4-1 loss against Exeter just a bad performance
Favourite manager Rossi Eames because despite his poor results towards the end he had good potential and good football. Good luck to him
I went to that Accrington game and it was diabolical second worst memory
Afrobee

Hi guys!

Been watching Barnet a few years now...

All time favourite player: John Akinde

All time favourite manager: Still undecided but would say Martin Allen was a far better manager he often gets credit for! Soft spot for Edgar Davids after having a conversation with him when bumping into him in the street at Cockfosters!

Best memory: Beating Luton at The Hive last season

Worst memory: A few years ago now, can't remember exactly but it was at Underhill, Lawrie Sanchez was manager, Barnet had just been thumped by either Yeovil Town or York City and at the end the Barnet players began squabbling amongst themselves which developed into punch-up on the pitch. very sad!
Barnet Bees

Hello been watching Barnet since the start of the 2014-2015 season

Best player of all time: Andy Yiadom because he is a very passionate player that gives it his all

Best Manager: MA got us promoted to the conference

Best Memory: Getting Promoted from the conference

Worst Memory: Losing 1-0 to Newport in the FA CUP probably the worst game of football I have ever witnessed