Today's Hive News

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeBee

Re: Today's Hive News

hoofer2 wrote:
bfc16 wrote:Tony Kleanthous really has outdone himself on this one. Having waited a while for a shirt sponsor we have landed a huge company and a significant sponsorship deal that if invested properly not only in the Hive but in the squad can catapult us up the league pyramid. I can only assume that toshiba would have only agreed this deal if they thought that barnet are on the way up.
Shame Kabba not on books as he could have been guinea pig for all the equipment

Lmao. Quality. Though probably some real truth in that. Really is amazing how far this club has come! What we missed out on in having an Athletics track at Copthall to include the community, we have more than made up with facilities like these to share with the Community. Really hope our appeal goes well, and these extra bits will hopefully help us to get on with our new neighbours.
Mikel Bee

Your membership will pay for itself if you ever use the 18.88% discount on a scan. :laugh:

It really is hitting home how far this club has progressed from training on littered park pitches less than a decade ago. Hopefully the partnership's revenues can provide us a competitive edge on the pitch as well a medical one off of it.
Darrenp77

Just watched the video as well, must admit really proud to be part of the barnet family, I know it is 40 minutes long, if you have time please make the effort to watch it.
dawat

hoofer2 wrote:
bfc16 wrote:Tony Kleanthous really has outdone himself on this one. Having waited a while for a shirt sponsor we have landed a huge company and a significant sponsorship deal that if invested properly not only in the Hive but in the squad can catapult us up the league pyramid. I can only assume that toshiba would have only agreed this deal if they thought that barnet are on the way up.
Unfortunately hoofer2 my old buddy we never seem to be short of injured players to be guinea pigs at our club! :grrr:
Milkfloat

hoofer2 wrote:
Excellent!
Milkfloat

BeeBee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

Lmao. Quality. Though probably some real truth in that. Really is amazing how far this club has come! What we missed out on in having an Athletics track at Copthall to include the community, we have more than made up with facilities like these to share with the Community. Really hope our appeal goes well, and these extra bits will hopefully help us to get on with our new neighbours.
Saracens sharing the athletics track with the community? You probably have not seen Copthall recently. They have parked their stands on half the lanes of the track!
BeeBee

Milkfloat wrote:
BeeBee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

Saracens sharing the athletics track with the community? You probably have not seen Copthall recently. They have parked their stands on half the lanes of the track!
Na, they have the athletics track in the Summer (for Community and Barnet Shaftsbury Harriers) due to retracable stands and during the Winter they have an indoor track (the same one that was used in the Olympics 2012 Warm Up).....Plus they have Autism Community days there also along with Schools training on the artificial pitches during the week.

It's a shame we didn't think of a plan like that to secure Copthall (but at least we got the astroturf pitches there for Community footy hiring during the week....Plus Community breakthroughs like this Medical Centre (with a 500 seated lecture theatre!! - simply awesome) and a Gym is immense. Really am proud of my local clubs Barnet FC and Saracens RFC. Just hope London Broncos RL can do the right thing and join on board.

Did you know West Hendon and Barnet have some of the worst crime rates in London. I know I am sounding far fetched here, but with all these great Community clubs working so professionally and philanthropically, things may improve. A wild assumption,granted,but these sports clubs will hopefully do fantastic things with their Community endeavours. C'mon London Broncos RL! What are you waiting for!?
torontobee

Anthony wrote: *The total cost of the equipment/building adaptations is around £4m
*When TK first conceived the idea, he was advised by Doctors that Toshiba were the market leaders, and was proud to have landed them

As a Hospital Finance person, that cost sounds spot on to me. And Toshiba, along with only Phillips, GE and Siemens, are indeed one of the four big names in MRI imaging.

This is truly big stuff.
antbfc

Just watched it, how bad was David Bloomfield?! PF et al, all come across as polished public speakers, he looked like a fish out of water... Anyway, so proud of what has been achieved here and I will be grateful for everything TK has done. He's built a solid foundation for the future, one I hope we all get to fill with memories soon.
BeeBee

Forgot to mention, thanks for the video link BarnetSteve! Such a great postivie press conference! So proud of Barnet FC!!
EastBarnetBee

The largest sponsorship deal in the entire history of the football conference. Nice!
John_c

BeeBee wrote:
Milkfloat wrote:
BeeBee wrote:
hoofer2 wrote:

It's a shame we didn't think of a plan like that to secure Copthall (but at least we got the astroturf pitches there for Community footy hiring during the week....
It's a crying shame, I agree. However Barnet Council chose to ignore BFC when deciding who they should (literally) give Copthall to.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
becbee

Why keep harping on about Copthall? Copthall may be in the Borough of Barnet as opposed to being a few hundred yards over the boundary but it's still far from Barnet itself. Unless we'd been willing to spend the vast amount Saracens paid for retractable seats, we'd have had a running track round the pitch. Also the parking around Copthall is a nightmare, vastly more expensive and less convenient than at The Hive.
Milkfloat

The indoor track at Copthall is tiny - only 60 metres. There are only 3/4 lanes of track now available outside for 8 months of the year and these often have cables trailing across them. Oddly enough, athletics does not just happen for 4 months of the year. People train and compete all year round so the loss of over half the capacity of the track is not great. Please don't get all mist eyed about the great community work of Saracens!
b4life

Premiership/International quality facility, non-league quality team. Whilst it's slightly frustrating at the moment, it's surely got to come together soon on the football front, hasn't it? Some signs of it improving recently. Over the last 5 years we've had a role reversal. 5 years ago we were a league team with non-league stadium/facilities, now we're a non=league team with a better than league facilities. In another 5 years time I would love it to be a League 1 team to match the facilities we have.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926