Sam Walker

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
djhdjh

Re: Sam Walker

Apart from the ability to stop long range shots he seemingly has everything a keeper needs. Unfortunately that's a pretty critical part of it. If he can iron that out he will have a good career. I don't see the point of having him here next season, though. We already have O'Brien as a promising young keeper, what we need is an experienced solid one we can depend upon. That could be Jake but I expect he will leave.
Sam_BFC

A fair bit of hyperbole going around here IMO.

Well done to Sam for pulling off an excellent save and playing his part...to describe his as 'different class' to O'Brien may be overstating it somewhat...equally - I am not sure he is 'way off'' League 2 standard.

Personally I hope we can hang on to Jake Cole for next season because he has been the best Barnet keeper since Lee Harrison in his first spell for the club...either Walker or O'Brien could both provide good competition for the number one jersey.
Los Angeles Bee

bigbarnet123 wrote:All of you who thought bad of sam walker, thought he was a bad keeper. Then a big shame on you!!! He kept us in it today. He played very well. He made an excellent one-on-one save, time wasted and commanded well. To be honest, obrien is an okay keeper, but walker is a different class to him. He has a better attitude and better qualities. He has done very well for this club, and I think what he has done should be respected. He does get down a bit slow, BUT, why do you expect from a 6foot6 keeper?! I think that we wouldn't be celebrating right now if it wasn't for him. He was very motivated for this club to succeed, and he is only a loanee! I personally think walker is better than Jake. But opinions are opinions, some are different, some aren't. But for me, he has made a massive difference to this club and I will be looking out for him in the future. If only, we signed him. Would be very interesting indeed. Anyway, well done you bees. Well done all the boys and well done sam walker, and thank you for keeping us up. Good luck for the future.
Welcome to the forum, Sam Walker.

I'm glad you were pleased with your performance today. Well done for not messing anything up. Thank you for your time at Barnet and I hope you can find a new club for next season.
dangerous

Superb LA Bee could nt have put it better my self...what sam failed to mention was that O'Brien was down to play the last 3 games but our esteemed chairman overuled the managers. Sam is on big money all paid by Barnet during his loan period, added to which if we left him out, chelsea would recall him leaving us with no spare keeper and not allowed to have another emergency one as O'Brien was fit...thanks sam, you are in a different class though, for instance you never played for England. We await your glory years at Chelsea :roll:
djhdjh

O'Brien has hardly been clanger free himself in his time with us. They are both talented young keepers with a lot of potential who have to iron out some critical flaws to become good senior players. One is contracted to us next season, the other is not.

As for your little whinge at TK seems to me he made the right call in that situation which was brought about by Chelsea having us over a barrel when we needed a keeper on deadline day.
neil1972

Sam Walker for me gets a lot of credit today, i really don't give a shit how he played last week or even last month, today he nailed it, that one on one save was top drawer.

He'll go back to Chelsea full of confidence but also knowing that this experience will make him a better player in the long run, thanks for all your effort Sam, without you today & the other players we would be facing the awful prospect of the BSP

Neil