Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC

Re: Ex-Bees (2014 update)

Postby Norfolkbee » 06 Jun 2018, 11:27

rudebwoyben wrote:
ninestein wrote:Perhaps I am confusing the challenge with one of Michael Leary's party pieces...

Not a player I fondly remember. His elbow on an MK Dons player that got him rightly sent off was particularly moronic as was his red card against Swindon Town in the FA Cup.

Not that I condone foul play, but the Swindon player he performed GBH on had been tearing us apart. He became practically invisible after Leary's intervention.
Norfolkbee

Postby pokal02 » 06 Jun 2018, 13:03

Worse than either of those was when he insisted on taking a late pen at Exeter, although he wasn't the designated penalty taker, and rolled it gently to their keeper! There was also another silly sending off v Daggers and some nightmare games at CB (Chester away springs to mind). To be fair he scored cracking goals against Gills (h) and Shots (away).
pokal02

Postby #Beebot » 06 Jun 2018, 15:10

Didn't we genuinely send Leary on an anger management course at one point?
#Beebot

Postby ninestein » 06 Jun 2018, 20:28

We sent him to Grimsby... permanently!
Elsewhere, his midfield partner Neal Bishop has just signed for Mansfield after leaving Scunny.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
ninestein

Postby jamesharpin1 » 07 Jun 2018, 09:14

Alfie Pavey signed for Havent from Dartford. Will be playing against us this season, hopefully at the same level he did when he played for us!
jamesharpin1

Postby Barnetchris » 07 Jun 2018, 09:47

We’ve had some bad players over the years, but Alfie tops the list, he was terrible.
He’ll probably score an extra time winner against us now I’ve said that.
Barnetchris

Postby Norfolkbee » 07 Jun 2018, 09:53

Barnetchris wrote:We’ve had some bad players over the years, but Alfie tops the list, he was terrible.

There was probably a reasonable player in there somewhere, but, unfortunately for him (and us) at the time, he came to Barnet too soon.
Norfolkbee

Postby becbee » 07 Jun 2018, 11:17

Norfolkbee wrote:
Barnetchris wrote:We’ve had some bad players over the years, but Alfie tops the list, he was terrible.

There was probably a reasonable player in there somewhere, but, unfortunately for him (and us) at the time, he came to Barnet too soon.

Saying he topped the list of bad players is a bit extreme. He didn't show much when he was with us but in fairness he only had 3 substitute appearances then left. He was only 18/19 years old at the time, I suppose he just wasn't ready then.
He was voted NLS Player of last season so he must have some ability about him. Quite possibly a good signing by H&W.
becbee

Postby rudebwoyben » 07 Jun 2018, 11:21

becbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:

Saying he topped the list of bad players is a bit extreme. He didn't show much when he was with us but in fairness he only had 3 substitute appearances then left. He was only 18/19 years old at the time, I suppose he just wasn't ready then.
He was voted NLS Player of last season so he must have some ability about him. Quite possibly a good signing by H&W.

Another example is Jack Stacey who looked absolutely out of his depth when he was with us but was an integral part of Luton’s promotion winning side.
Maybe Jordan Nicholson will be up to scratch in a couple of seasons?
rudebwoyben

Postby Norfolkbee » 07 Jun 2018, 13:36

rudebwoyben wrote:
becbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:

Another example is Jack Stacey who looked absolutely out of his depth when he was with us but was an integral part of Luton’s promotion winning side.
Maybe Jordan Nicholson will be up to scratch in a couple of seasons?

This is what happens when you bring in this type of player as a two bob a week bench-filler. It does very little for the club, other than make up the numbers, while the only experience gained by the player is how to impersonate a scared rabbit in headlights.
Norfolkbee

Postby becbee » 07 Jun 2018, 14:12

Norfolkbee wrote:This is what happens when you bring in this type of player as a two bob a week bench-filler. It does very little for the club, other than make up the numbers, while the only experience gained by the player is how to impersonate a scared rabbit in headlights.

Conversely we had Josh Wright, Michael Hector, Paul Downing, Josh Clarke, Yannick Bolasie.

Which only goes to prove that signing young untried players on loan is a pure gamble. As are most loans.
becbee

Postby Norfolkbee » 07 Jun 2018, 15:19

becbee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:This is what happens when you bring in this type of player as a two bob a week bench-filler. It does very little for the club, other than make up the numbers, while the only experience gained by the player is how to impersonate a scared rabbit in headlights.

Conversely we had Josh Wright, Michael Hector, Paul Downing, Josh Clarke, Yannick Bolasie.

Which only goes to prove that signing young untried players on loan is a pure gamble. As are most loans.

Point taken, although Josh was a regular in the England U19, when he came to Barnet, while the others had played more senior football than Pavey.
Norfolkbee

Postby jerroll » 12 Jun 2018, 14:51

https://twitter.com/SegundaBFutbol/stat ... 2849927168
Looks like our chances of resigning luis manuel Villa Lopez are over!!

The @ SDP_1922 announces the signing of @ Luisma_7 (Luisma Villa)

Something had to see his new coach Jon Perez Bolo ...

The ex of @ arenas_club1909 and @BarnetFC among others will be part of the project 2018/2019
jerroll

Postby MCB » 12 Jun 2018, 15:18

jerroll wrote:https://twitter.com/SegundaBFutbol/status/1006548722849927168
Looks like our chances of resigning luis manuel Villa Lopez are over!!

The @ SDP_1922 announces the signing of @ Luisma_7 (Luisma Villa)

Something had to see his new coach Jon Perez Bolo ...

The ex of @ arenas_club1909 and @BarnetFC among others will be part of the project 2018/2019

Looks like a picturesque town for a football trip next season...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponferrada
MCB

Postby hoofer2 » 14 Jun 2018, 15:36

From BBC World Cup feed Russia vs Saudi Arabia

Russia 1-0 Saudi Arabia

Another good Opta stat - 39% of all goals Saudi Arabia have conceded in World Cup history have been headers.

They are also the only team to concede a Gary Breen goal at a World Cup...
hoofer2

PreviousNext

Return to General Barnet Chat