Edgware town/Underhill

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
JamierushdenBee

Edgware town/Underhill

Edgware town will be playng at Underhill at the start of next season

The start of work on the artificial pitch has been delayed, this mean that SJP will not be ready in time for the start of the season. The club however has managed to arrange an alternative venue until such time the pitch is complete, and the FA certified the surface for games. Many Thanks to Barnet FC who have loaned us Underhill until such time we return to SJP.
BLACK N AMBER ARMY!!!!!
BeesKnees

Re: Edgware town/Underhill

This will be interesting. How many will decide to watch Edgware in Barnet instead of Barnet in Edgware?
hoppy

The work on Edgware's ground can't start for two weeks and the work then takes a further twelve weeks after which it has to be certified by the FA. So it looks like there will be football at Underhill until the end of September.
I just hope that their "home" fixtures co-incide with our long away trips. I am sure many Bees fans will take the opportunity to go and watch footy again at our spiritual home.
John Hunt

Not for a while. Edgware have requested away fixtures for the first month as Underhill cannot host them. They have junior Broncho commitments.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
EastBarnetBee

This is very weird, but I'll definitely be going to watch them when I can't make Barnet away.
BPAHORNET

EastBarnetBee wrote:This is very weird, but I'll definitely be going to watch them when I can't make Barnet away.
What a great idea; Barnet fans support "The Wares" at Underhill? Ideally, the reformed Edgware should be playing at The Hive; the old club were always promised a place at PPF. Going to Silver Jubilee is nice, but just isn't right. Edgware is Edgware, not Kingsbury. TK? Sort it out, please?

UP "THE WARES"!!(since 1962)

COME ON YOU BEES!! (since 1969)

Old (very) Edgwarian.

Ken
Toronto,
Canada
Agewills

Given that I support Barnet, and not Edgware, I will be not be watching Edgware :D
EastBarnetBee

Agewills wrote:Given that I support Barnet, and not Edgware, I will be not be watching Edgware :D
You don't have to support someone to enjoy a game of football. I actually think it might be a bit weird for a Barnet fan not to go and watch at least one Edgware game at our beloved ground. Non-league football at Underhill? Yes please.
Agewills

I know what you mean, but for me it would be weird seeing another team playing at Underhill. I love Underhill for nostalgic reasons (as a ground it was falling apart!) but I love it because of the memories of watching Barnet play.
ricardobee

"Non-league football at Underhill? Yes please."

Mmmm, what league are Barnet F.C. in?
becbee

EastBarnetBee wrote:
Agewills wrote:Given that I support Barnet, and not Edgware, I will be not be watching Edgware :D
You don't have to support someone to enjoy a game of football. I actually think it might be a bit weird for a Barnet fan not to go and watch at least one Edgware game at our beloved ground. Non-league football at Underhill? Yes please.
I haven't been to watch a non Barnet match for years. I have no knowledge of Edgware FC, the 2 teams could come out onto the pitch and I'd not know which was which. I am glad we're helping them out but I wouldn't cross the road to watch them because I have absolutely no interest.
dawat

becbee wrote:
EastBarnetBee wrote:
I haven't been to watch a non Barnet match for years. I have no knowledge of Edgware FC, the 2 teams could come out onto the pitch and I'd not know which was which. I am glad we're helping them out but I wouldn't cross the road to watch them because I have absolutely no interest.
Becbee, would it help if we can persuade Edgware to play in black and amber ? :rofl:
becbee

dawat wrote:
becbee wrote:
EastBarnetBee wrote:
Becbee, would it help if we can persuade Edgware to play in black and amber ? :rofl:
Hull City play in black and amber but I'd not go to watch them either. So no, it wouldn't help.
EastBarnetBee

ricardobee wrote:"Non-league football at Underhill? Yes please."

Mmmm, what league are Barnet F.C. in?
Sure, but they're not playing at Underhill.
let_it_bee

I agree with Becbee - have absolutely no interest in watching Edgware or any lower league football other than Barnet.

Obviously this all a bit bizarre - Barnet playing in Edgware, Edgware playing at Barnet. What worries me for the future is this. There is precious little interest/excitement in Barnet for the forthcoming season, as the club doesn't have a presence here. Yet the club seems to be doing little to cultivate new support in the Harrow/Edgware area, perhaps because it's wary of treading on the toes of Wealdstone, Harrow Borough, Edgware etc. So where does that leave the future of the club in terms of growing its support? What is our target audience now? If it's just relying on traditional long-standing supporters such as myself then that's rather worrying - none of us are getting any younger.