CrowdScores - Live Pre-season Scores

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
CrowdScores

CrowdScores - Live Pre-season Scores

Hi,

I’m Mike from CrowdScores, a football scores app with a difference.

We’re looking to improve the live score experience for fans and have created a platform where football supporters can instantly share goals, cards and subs with one another. This means that you get updates faster and more reliably than from major sports data conglomerates. Our app is also specifically designed for the low signal environment of a football ground, which makes score checking and sharing a less painful experience.

Obviously this enables you to share information on games that major sports data conglomerates are not interested in. As football fans ourselves, we know that keeping up to date with pre-season games is almost impossible and we want to change that. Our platform means that no game is too small for instantaneous live score updates - it’s like having a friend at every game. We have the ability to provide live updates on youth games, reserve games and friendlies as well as offering the fastest and most accurate score updates available during the domestic season.

Check out our speed and accuracy by downloading our app available on Android http://crwd.sc/barnetgoogle and iOS http://crwd.sc/barnetiOS and compare the speed to Sky, the BBC or your scores app of choice.

If you’re heading to any of Barnet’s pre-season matches and you’d be interested in sharing the score with fans everywhere and becoming a part of the CrowdScores network then give us a shout and we’ll add it to the system.

Thanks,

Mike
CrowdScores

Re: CrowdScores - Live Pre-season Scores

Hello again,

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to those of you who have signed up, really good to see that there is enthusiasm for what we are doing.

I will be in contact with those sign-ups soon to see whether you will be able to make any of the pre-season games but wanted to drop a message on here to see whether anybody wants any questions answering in regards to how the app works and who we are.

Good luck against Peterborough, Luton and Stevenage and I hope to see some of you on the app soon.

Mike
CrowdScores

Just a quick update on our Barnet pre-season schedule.

We have had a number of Bees sign-ups which is fantastic and have added tomorrow's game against Peterborough to the system.

If you're at the game and fancy giving it a spin then please do. If you're not at the game then keep up to date with the score via our app for Android and iPhone.
CrowdScores

Just checking in to remind fans that we have Barnet v Luton game live in the system for tomorrow night.

We hope that some of you enjoyed our live coverage of the Peterborough game last week and we are very grateful to those fans that reported.

If you're heading to the Luton game then it would be great to see you reporting, if you can't make it then follow the scores via our app.
jerroll

Luton is on Sunday, we are playing Chav(Steve)enage tomorrow!!
Radioslave

Nice stuff CrowdScores. I've downloaded the app and apart from the mobile app not being overly aesthetically pleasing you've got a nice concept.

I did a lot of beta testing for Live Score Addicts who seem to be the main rival in term of depth for you, but if I might add a couple critiques for posterity:

- Sort favorite teams by league (or country) which lead into club. The list is a pain to scroll through on mobile.
- Add a local profile picture choice and not just one to have Facebook or Gravatar upload one for you. Your social media push is a bit aggressive in a few areas, try to make it feel like more of an option rather than a choice (if you get me).
- The fixtures page on your website is terrifying and definitely needs some love. I like the drop down quick facts but there should also be a BBC sport style landing page for each match, perhaps with some detail on the player if you can write the website to pull certain sections of their Wikipedia page or Optastats. Forza have an ability to pick up every stat for pretty much every player and embed it into their lineups and even formations on their mobile app.
'What do we want?'
'Villages shop!'
'When do we want it?'
'Now!'
CrowdScores

Hi RS,

Thanks for taking the time out to take a look at our app and giving us some feedback. We are always looking to improve and insights like this make that easier for us.

Navigation is something that is at the very top of our list. Hopefully come the new season we will have a system in place where you can sort by competition, by league and by country so that is a less painful experience.

In regards to the aesthetics of the app, we are reconsidering the shirts, redesigning the size of the events on the match screen and hopefully adding some pleasing navigation to make it a little more palatable.

The website is another thing all together, we are dedicating most of our time towards our app and with a limited team it is tough to improve the web app when there are basic app features missing, however we know it fails to deliver on basic navigation.

We are always looking for data and although it's a little tougher for us because we don't buy Opta stats in, we are doing our best to add more information for next season.

On a side note it's great to see a number of you sign up and I hope to see you reporting tonight.

If you can't make the game then follow our app for live updates.

Thanks,

Mike
CrowdScores

Just a quick reminder that we are still covering Barnet's pre-season schedule and the Luton game is in the system and on the app for tomorrow.

It would be great to see some of you reporting again but if you can't make the game then keep updated via our app.

Thanks for the support so far and the sign-ups.

Mike