Fantastic

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeeBoi1980

Fantastic

For 38 games of this season I started to question why I support this club. After 22 years I was wondering if I was actually going to give up. I'll give it one season in the conference and see how it goes I said. I went to Underhill out of habit, and it was getting to the point where watching the early prem kick off in the Weaver was the highlight. The fun had gone.

So what a turn around, the last 8 games were great, last week was amazing, and now we have the dream team in charge. Last Saturday I really felt the passion again, lived every kick of the ball, it felt like the old days. Now don't get me wrong, it was the most horrible season I can remember, but it has ended with such hope. And what really rams it home, and makes me realise why I can only ever support this club, is that in the last week, for the first time in years, I have been inundated with texts, calls and facebook posts from mates who support prem teams. They are all talking about Barnet, it's how it always used to be, all my mates would know what was going on. But not for the last few years, but again they are all buzzing about the Bees again, and again I can be proud of who I support regardless of who I'm talking to. When we appointed Stimson nobody even knew. I had 5 texts from non Bees fans by 9pm last night, and still they roll in. Even my kiwi female boss at work is talking Barnet.

Happy days, and good to see those in charge bringing the fun back. Lets hope for a few exciting games next season and Barnet capturing the imagination again.

COYB

Red Lorry, YELLOW LAWRIE, Red Lorry, YELLOW LAWRIE
MajorBrownEye

Re: Fantastic

Black Lawrie Amber Lawrie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
PBBee

BeeBoi1980 wrote:For 38 games of this season I started to question why I support this club. After 22 years I was wondering if I was actually going to give up. I'll give it one season in the conference and see how it goes I said. I went to Underhill out of habit, and it was getting to the point where watching the early prem kick off in the Weaver was the highlight. The fun had gone.

So what a turn around, the last 8 games were great, last week was amazing, and now we have the dream team in charge. Last Saturday I really felt the passion again, lived every kick of the ball, it felt like the old days. Now don't get me wrong, it was the most horrible season I can remember, but it has ended with such hope. And what really rams it home, and makes me realise why I can only ever support this club, is that in the last week, for the first time in years, I have been inundated with texts, calls and facebook posts from mates who support prem teams. They are all talking about Barnet, it's how it always used to be, all my mates would know what was going on. But not for the last few years, but again they are all buzzing about the Bees again, and again I can be proud of who I support regardless of who I'm talking to. When we appointed Stimson nobody even knew. I had 5 texts from non Bees fans by 9pm last night, and still they roll in. Even my kiwi female boss at work is talking Barnet.

Happy days, and good to see those in charge bringing the fun back. Lets hope for a few exciting games next season and Barnet capturing the imagination again.

COYB

Red Lorry, YELLOW LAWRIE, Red Lorry, YELLOW LAWRIE
Great post and I feel exaclty the same (except for the 38yrs part). Makes me realise I could never have such feeling for any other club - I really feel for fans of clubs that have folded and cease to exist.
BarnetBoy

I know exactly what you mean about no-one knowing about Barnet anymore and how recent events have changed that.

On the BBC's Late Kick Off Mark Chapman said something like 'there really is no club like Barnet' - Exactly the way it should be.