Bacon rolls and pies

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Norfolkbee

Re: Bacon rolls and pies

I packed up buying food at Barnet when the old social club at Underhill burned down and the tea hut went with it. They never managed to match the great value cheese rolls and ham rolls.
EastBarnetBee

I haven't bought anything from the tea hut since they stopped serving chicken and mushroom pies.
Reckless

finchleyman wrote:I won't be buying anything further from the tea shop. if we all did this perhaps AK might get the message.
Harrywillis at last a voice offering a realistic solution. Eat before or bring your own the message will get through. To be honest I have never fully understood why supporters endure the vile and over priced rubbish on offer. Jamie P next to me bought a burger that smelt like sh*t and looked horrible.
First Half Only

They offer a £7 'meal deal' in the west stand bar.
Consists of a roll,bottle of soft drink and a packet
of crisps.... yes £7...

Maybe you get a lap dance too?
MajorBrownEye

£2 for a cuppa?????????

Interesting that £1.50 for a water wasn't a problem but £1 for a topic was, it's the other way round here, water's cheap but chocolate you pay for.

But reading this, the most worrying part is the staff looking at their phones. Over here that's enough to get a place closed down by the health inspectors. Food handlers should not use their phones for the same reason that they shouldn't smoke, the transfer of germs from their mouths to their hands.

Furthermore, who doesn't play with their phone whilst on the throne? You wash your hands but do you disinfect your phone? Think about that next time they use their phone just before serving your food.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.
Phil The Force

I wasn't happy at the £1.50 For the water either, I've just got back from Rhodes where a similar sized bottle is 50 cents (about 40p).
Water is totally overpriced here.
But £1 for the smallest Topic I've ever seen really took the biscuit!
b4life

If you don't like it, don't buy it. A sharp drop in sales may make them take notice. On the basis of my first few experiences with catering I take my own now where possible. The only exception being the main bar which is ok if not rather expensive.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
BeesKnees

b4life wrote:If you don't like it, don't buy it. A sharp drop in sales may make them take notice. On the basis of my first few experiences with catering I take my own now where possible. The only exception being the main bar which is ok if not rather expensive.
Same, completely given up on catering in the West stand. I can't even be bothered to queue for a hot drink anymore.
hoppy

Just got back from the Hive after sorting out my membership (served by the very efficient, polite and attractive Natasha). I had a medium sized coffee in the bar. Well, it was the biggest "medium" coffee I have ever had and the cost was £2 which I thought was very reasonable.
beew

b4life wrote:If you don't like it, don't buy it. A sharp drop in sales may make them take notice. On the basis of my first few experiences with catering I take my own now where possible. The only exception being the main bar which is ok if not rather expensive.
I think the beer prices are average, certainly not excessive and the Baguette's are great value at £3.50. I also can't see whats wrong with paying £1.50 for water either which is far cheaper than some of the grounds I've been to. Onto the west stand they've now got an urn so hot drinks are now being served faster.
Moonchild_Bee

Is the catering in the stands done in-house or outsourced?

Beer is quite reasonable as well considering it's London, and a captive audience.
beew

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Is the catering in the stands done in-house or outsourced?

Beer is quite reasonable as well considering it's London, and a captive audience.

In house but a majority of staff are employed on a casual basis which leads to high absenteeism
ealingbee

After leaving Underhill they put the burgers from £2.80 to £4. Sorry that is ripping. Now this season no sausges, bacon or eggs. They were lovely and I saw loads of people buying them. Are Barnet stupid, I bet they made a bundle from them. They probably just sell pints instead. But people who drive can only have one.
barnetpete

Never understood the fuss over food. It's between 2 and 5pm, neither lunch or dinner surely people can survive? And if they want something it's a snack not a gormet meal?

Those huts have in reality a 1hr window (2.15-3 and 3.45-4) to sell and make some kind of profit.
In order for that they have to be kitted out, insured, staff trained and employed for 3-4 hrs for a 1hr sales window.

Every ground I've ever been two and considered eating at one of those huts has offered crap food, crap service or both. Be it wembley, premiership, down to the depths of non-league.

Best huts stick to decent tea/coffee and a choice of snacks/cold sandwich type stuff where they can get high turnover in a short time frame.

Never understood why a) clubs make it difficult and b) why punters expect the world from a pop up shop that is in effect open once for an hour every two weeks.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
Reckless

barnetpete wrote:Never understood the fuss over food. It's between 2 and 5pm, neither lunch or dinner surely people can survive? And if they want something it's a snack not a gormet meal?

Those huts have in reality a 1hr window (2.15-3 and 3.45-4) to sell and make some kind of profit.
In order for that they have to be kitted out, insured, staff trained and employed for 3-4 hrs for a 1hr sales window.

Every ground I've ever been two and considered eating at one of those huts has offered crap food, crap service or both. Be it wembley, premiership, down to the depths of non-league.

Best huts stick to decent tea/coffee and a choice of snacks/cold sandwich type stuff where they can get high turnover in a short time frame.

Never understood why a) clubs make it difficult and b) why punters expect the world from a pop up shop that is in effect open once for an hour every two weeks.
That's strange from someone who used to live on Charlie's! A Big Mac or Fillet o Fish, Large Fries and an Apple pie with a McFlurry was your staple diet.