BARNET FC v DARTFORD - bank holiday bonanza match thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
rudebwoyben

Re: BARNET FC v DARTFORD - bank holiday bonanza match thread

So, the official Dartford video for this match is of much higher quality than the goal snippets I've seen from Barnet player. Why is that?
BeeArmy

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:
finchleyman wrote:I am afraid that KMB was his normal self and he has got to pick his head up and work for the team.
It seemed to me that at the end of the match when the players came over, KMB was the only one not to applaud the fans. If anyone saw different I'm more than willing to be corrected, but his entire body language appeared to be that of indifference. I didn't even see him come over on Saturday at Nuneaton, but again am prepared to stand corrected.
I was at both games and I dont think he came over to applaud the fans in either game
BeeArmy

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:
finchleyman wrote:I am afraid that KMB was his normal self and he has got to pick his head up and work for the team.
It seemed to me that at the end of the match when the players came over, KMB was the only one not to applaud the fans. If anyone saw different I'm more than willing to be corrected, but his entire body language appeared to be that of indifference. I didn't even see him come over on Saturday at Nuneaton, but again am prepared to stand corrected.
I was at both games and I dont think he came over to applaud the fans in either game
BeeArmy

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:
beew

What's happened to the highlights? That footage is bordering on professional, well done and long may it continue.
South_Belfast_Bee

BeeArmy wrote:
South_Belfast_Bee wrote:
He was certainly in the group who came over yesterday, but I didn't see him applaud. As I say I don't recall him making his way over on Saturday at all.
BeeArmy

beew wrote:What's happened to the highlights? That footage is bordering on professional, well done and long may it continue.
They are not from Barnet, they are made by Sonytino who makes videos for Dartford
simples169

The only game that KMB started we lost and that was against Lincoln, and that was down to his lack of tracking back and helping out in defence and leaving the right back exposed.
Since then MA seems to have figured that out and only puts KMB up front where the rest of the team and supporters know he will not track back from, well certainly not with any pace.
He also needs to run with his head up so he can see others in a better position and put them in.
hoofer2

simples169 wrote:The only game that KMB started we lost and that was against Lincoln, and that was down to his lack of tracking back and helping out in defence and leaving the right back exposed.
Since then MA seems to have figured that out and only puts KMB up front where the rest of the team and supporters know he will not track back from, well certainly not with any pace.
He also needs to run with his head up so he can see others in a better position and put them in.
KMB did not seem as match conditioned as the other players vs Dartford. Is he carrying an injury still?
Dreamy

Anyone else had enough of KMB? Want him sold ASAP.
BeesKnees

Nope,
Whilst I wouldn't be upset with him being sold I feel the same way I did about him 15 months ago when he played a few games in league 2 and was largely ineffective except for a flukey goal against Wimbledon. He is a luxury player that can win\lose you a game through his pace and skill or his lack of effort in winning the ball back. Happy to see him coming off the bench and offering something different going forwards when we need him to but like said on another thread we can't afford to carry him in a 4-4-2 system and wait for something special.

I don't mind a winger not tracking back when they have played 70 minutes and are still running the opposition ragged, but to come on for the last 20-30 minutes of a match and not make the effort is inexcusable and MA needs to read him the riot act (if he hasn't already).
Masuka

I really wouldn't call KMB a 'luxury player' - he is as disposable as a packet of crisps. We are a better team without him, he is a selfish little tit with no team spirit. I am fed up of his sh*t performances and lack of respect for the fans. I would be delighted if he left. We would get a nice bit of cash as well. :Drink1:
Once a Bee ALWAYS a Bee
Jimbokav1971

KMB is still in the really early stages of his career. He is 22 years old and had played almost 100 league games. He has also represented England at U16, U17, and C level.

There is no doubting his ability, (at least not by me), but he needs to find a better balance between unleashing his attacking skills and working hard for the team when we are not in possession. At the moment I don't think the balance is right. Is he a better player than Mauro? Yes, I honestly think he is. But who do I want in the team at the moment? Mauro.

What's that saying about the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts? Well this is a perfect example of that. With Mauro, (a poorer player in my opinion), we perform significantly better as a team, and that's what it's about.

KMB should look at the Luton player from last season Andre Gray. I think there are similarities between the 2 but Still managed to get out of Gray what we haven't seen from KMB yet. As a result KMB is still with us, (and not even starting), and Gray has deservedly got his move to Brentford and has already featured for them since his move. Gray is a year older than KMB, but last season was the first time it really clicked for him. He scored 30 goals last season, (roughly double the previous season). KMB needs to make that step. before anything else, Gray worked hard for Luton last year. He chased lost causes and ran himself into the ground and when things weren't going great, (it happens to every player and every team), he continued to graft his nads off. KMB isn't even at the stage where he works his nads off even when things are going well.

Maybe he's at the stage in his life where he doesn't really need football to be a success. He's obviously gifted, but that's just not enough. The players that really make it aren't the players with the best ability. They are the players who work hardest. That's why Mauro is playing ahead of him

I don't want KMB to leave at all, (not unless someone pays us silly money), but I do want to see more from him. I like that MA is benching him. He will be trying to get a reaction. Whether that reaction will come and whether it will be enough.... well who knows, but if I was KMB and I saw Mauro playing ahead of me every week, (knowing that I was better than him), then I would want to know what the hell was going on so I could sort it. If that meant I had to run myself into the ground like some sort of **** every game then so be it.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
BeesKnees

Sad thing is KMB did have a spell last season where he did all the things we are complaining about. Then he got sent off against Preston for a two footed challenge and just hasnt been the same since.
KingsburyBee

KMB doesn't track back and most of the time is so indecisive. He rarely looks up as well.
He needs to use his brain a lot more in future or he won't get to the level he wants.

I agree with above about Mauro although I think Mauro could definitely get to a higher level in the future; I mean Villa wanted him when he was 17!

Mauro isn't as technically good as KMB but Mauro looks up more, looks for a pass and can score goals. He is so versatile and is very good at defending especially for the size he is! What I love more about him is he's so passionate and is a barnet boy through and through.
"I see men wearing football shirts and singing their hearts out with club tattoos. It is a religion. It is a belief and their ground is the Cathedral of all their Dreams" - Martin Allen