M A

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
letchbee94

Re: M A

LeicesterBee wrote:
Mikel Bee wrote:Long way to go yet. This time last year we were singing the praises of our team for being top of the league and look how that one turned out. I'm staying grounded for now and hope the good form continues.
I think the major difference to this stage last season is that we are playing with flair and looking in control of games.

Last season we had a few decisions go in our favour and, whilst winning, we didn't look convincing by any means.

IMO this is the most exciting start to a season since 2004-5
Agree, last season I came away from some games thinking we was rather fortunate and thinking that "oh well that was a poor game but at least we won"

Also last season made hard work of games like against Dartford, Nuneaton, so far we there is more about the team.
Early days still.

But so glad we got Mad dog back :)
Tuesds

Re: M A

Jimbokav1971 wrote:
aclassman wrote:Barnet always gets results with MA and Barnet is the only club he has managed and never got sacked from
I don't think he was sacked by Brentford, and I'm not sure he was sacked by MK Dons either. He left Leicester by mutual consent, and Cheltenham again was by mutual consent.

Other than that though he was sacked by everyone. :laugh:
I've just run 'mutual consent' through Google Translate (Football-speak > English). It turns out it means 'he's been sacked but we can't call it 'sacked' because a sacking would mean we would have to pay off the full value of the remainder of his contract, when we've actually come to a mutual agreement whereby we pay off a large chunk of the contract and publicly refer to the departure as being by 'mutual consent'.'