Desperately lacking in depth?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Beesting

Desperately lacking in depth?

Does anybody feel we are lacking in the middle of midfield? Who have we got if Togwell and Weston get injured or are playing badly? We haven't got anyone to come on and add something different. Neither of then two are going to get 5+ goals a season in an area that we need a contribution. Don't get me wrong they're good to have in the middle and are playing well but I think a loan signing would definitely ease the strain. What ever happened to Ross Jenkins we had on load a few seasons back? He was someone I thought would be at least a league one player. Also it's obvious but a new striker to play off Akinde is a must and hopefully somebody comes in before Tuesday or even give this Stevens lad a game.
BeeArmy

Re: Desperately lacking in depth?

He seems to be a free agent
jerroll

Johnson played cm for 20 mins yesterday after Togwell went off and got forward and scored. Of course we are going to lack depth when we have the likes of MacDonald,Cook,Togwell & Stack on the payroll. The budget was extended by TK to allow the Dog to sign Cook so unless KMB moves on there is unlikely to be any surplus funds for any more players.
jonbonbaby

Get dani lopez in he's a free agent
BeesKnees

jonbonbaby wrote:Get dani lopez in he's a free agent
There is a very good reason for this.
rudebwoyben

IMO, this is a knee-jerk reaction to a game we were a minute away from winning.
We don't need to start bloating out the squad with loan players.
Mem Beespod

When Mauro comes back then we'll be alright. Yiadom can play in CM so Mauro can slot in at RB
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Jimbokav1971

I think we are short of depth, but we knew that at the start of the season.

I don't know how long Saville and Mauro will be out for, (hopefully just short term), and they both cover multiple positions so while injured we miss them.

MacD is different in that he is a key starting player for us. We obviously miss him straight away, but we are lucky that in the case of both MacD and Mauro, we have decent players such as Lusima, (who many wanted to play anyway), and Gambin, to swap in. Both have scored important goals for us since they slotted in.

Out wide we still have Mekki as an option from the bench, and up front we have Lowe and the youngster, (forgotten his name).

At this stage and with the options we still have on the bench I don't think things are desperate, but obviously we miss players like Mauro and MacD when they are out.

Were we to lose either fo our starting centre-backs, or either of out starting central midfielders, or Akinde, then yes that would make things desperate, but that's not the case at the moment.

As soon as Saville, Mauro and MacD come back, we will again look strong.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"