Bournemouth

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LeicesterBee

Bournemouth

6 years ago almost relegated from League 2.......next season will be playing in the Premier League.

Kind of excites me to think where we could be playing within the next decade
letchbee94

Re: Bournemouth

Just think if we did not beat them 2-0 then they would not have sacked Jimmy Quinn and appointed Eddie Howe :)
South_Belfast_Bee

National League? :wink:
RichardM

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:National League? :wink:
Negative pillock.
Mickbee

Brilliant, best team I've watch in the Championship. Hope they can play at their own ground and not Southampton as suggested.
barnetpete

Been a few years since I was a fairly regular visitor to Dean Court, great to see Bournemouth getting promoted. Not sure there will be many cheap student tickets going spare next season, we could get in for £5 back then.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
GRH

It is amusing that there is a thread in which Eastleigh and Forest Green are castigated for being bankrolled, but Bournemouth seem to be escaping the flack. I suppose a lot of it comes to down to history.

Anyway, good luck to them. Have no issue with money being injected into clubs as long as they pay their bills.
Jimbokav1971

GRH wrote:It is amusing that there is a thread in which Eastleigh and Forest Green are castigated for being bankrolled, but Bournemouth seem to be escaping the flack. I suppose a lot of it comes to down to history.

Anyway, good luck to them. Have no issue with money being injected into clubs as long as they pay their bills.
That was my thinking too.

We are all "moneybags this" and "moneybags that", but the Russian Billionaire at Bournemouth seems to have avoided detection by the majority of Bees fans.

They play good football and Eddie Howe seems like a decent manager, but they are still being bank-rolled by a foreign Billionaire.
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
ninestein

I'm actually thrilled for Bournemouth to go up.
We've seen a few underdogs go up to the Premier League in recent years. Burnley are a good example. Since the league's formation in 1991 they were a "new" name mixing it with the regulars. But for me Bournemouth takes it to another level. They've always been a league 1 level club in my eyes, and to get there is an amazing achievement.
I just hope they don't get too carried away and try to be too big too quickly. Look what happened to Bradford. They made their stadium massive and since being relegated have struggled in the bottom 2 divisions, struggled financially, and struggled to fill the stadium they expanded (except for cup ties).
Eddie Howe has done a great job, and clearly he is Bournemouth. I hope they enjoy their time there but not lose sight of who they are, and risk losing the bond they clearly have with their supporters.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Moonchild_Bee

I'm still bitter over the FA Cup game against them - first one of their fans calls up pretending to be the Man U Chairman trying to buy Gary Bull so gets pulled from the first game at Dean Court (0-0, lovely day though), then it was discovered to be a hoax, and we unjustly got beaten in the replay at Underhill, a game that i'm still drying off from.
barnetpete

Bankrolled?! I'm waiting for Omar's family to buy Barnet off TK and take us to the Prem!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
becbee

I have far more of an issue when really small clubs who always had a few hundred supporters are suddenly bankrolled and progress too far too quickly. Look at North Ferriby Utd, bankrolled by the daughter and son-in-law of the Hull City Chairman. A few weeks ago they went to Wembley and won the F A Trophy, now they are asking for a double demotion because this couple have pulled out and left them with no money.

Bournemouth at least are a "proper" club, they've had their financial problems but they've been in existence since 1899. I imagine they'll struggle to avoid coming straight back down but at least they'll have their season in the limelight. And of course, they give hope to the rest of us!!
EssexVillaBee

Got me thinking about which other clubs we've done battle with in League 2 that had gone on to the Premier. Came up with the following:
Blackpool, Burnley, Cardiff C, Fulham, Hull C, Swansea C & Wigan. Any others?
Moonchild_Bee

Hull were League 1, but can't think of others.
VossaBee

Hull played in Div 3 with us between 96 and 2001, Moonchild ;) We won 5, drew 4 and lost on against them.