Blue Square Premier next season

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hobbitbee

Blue Square Premier next season

Looking at the BBC website, at the Blue Square Premier page, I glanced down at the list of clubs and, quite accidentally, my eyes rested on a group of 3 clubs which were Lincoln City, Luton Town and Mansfield and thought my god looking ahead a few years ago what division of the football league might you have thought the BBC web page was referring to for season 2011/12? Maybe League One, I would guess.

Also I was looking at a Bees' programme for season 2006/07 and looking at the League Two table and counted no fewer than 8 clubs who are now playing in non-league football, two of whom are at lower level than BSP. Who would have thought that Lincoln, Chester, Wrexham (not including Luton who were a Championship club that season), Stockport would have been non-league clubs while lil ol Barnet have bravely hung on to their league place. How quickly clubs fortunes change and how difficult it is to predict who will be successful and who is going to fall by the wayside.
becbee

Re: Blue Square Premier next season

We have the 3rd longest continuous stay in L2. Only Shrewsbury and Macclesfield have been there for more continuous seasons. All the other 21 clubs who were in L2 when we returned for 2005/6 season have been promoted / relegated since.
northantsbee

Good top see Telford back up in the Conference alongside the likes of Alfreton and Braintree...Stockport are going to wonder what planet they are on.
Going Indieground 7pm Tuesday, https://www.madwaspradio.com/
Monsieur Abeille

I was thinking the other day about our first year back, especially the drubbings by Mansfield (4-0 away), Lincoln (2-3 home, 4-1 away) and Grimsby (0-1 home, 3-0 away). I suppose the other team to beat us 4-1 did OK mind.
Sam_BFC

If I remember right, we only won one game by more than a goal in our first year back (3-1 at Carlisle).