Barnet FC Season Highlights Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
EastBarnetBee

Re: Barnet FC Season Highlights Thread

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Aren't you guys spoiled! We've another treat to get you through the weekend!

This is the Christmas 1991 video which covers the tailend of the Conference winning season, with extended highlights from Wycombe and more importantly, extended coverage of the game against Fisher. I've never seen all the goals - had no idea that Fisher scored two crackers - amazing we didn't make a move for the 18 year who scored them.

Anyway - aren't you lucky!

Edit: 14:20 - is that rare footage of Mark Flashman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4X45nTYxlc
I'd never seen the match against Fisher Ahletic in full before - only Bull's long range strike. My life now feels so much more complete. COYB!
Moonchild_Bee

This is my favourite video - highlights of the 93/94 season. OK we were relegated, but it still represents our best ever finish :D

The only season I made every home game, it was a celebration of simply surviving. And yes from the 3rd game on we sat in 24th place for the entire season.

But there were some real highlights:

3:17 & 4:30 The Southend Games. Barry Fry & a lot of the previous years squad (Derek Payne, Bodley, Hunt - who else?) came back to a real mixed reactions. But we beat them. And Kelly Haag - very emotional moment when he scored :D

28:30 - Who is dissing Kelly Haag's finishing?

31:30 Hull 4 - 4 Barnet - including Peter Scott's most memorable moment.

36:20 Chelsea 0 - 0 Barnet FC - this was our home game switched, so the replay was also at Stamford Bridge. The money from these games went a long way to securing our future, in some ways a replay was better than winning. Of course it was Hoddle vs Hoddle, but Glenn didn't appear on the pitch, and then there was 'that' miss - which is reterospect looked much harder than we remember.

In the league games you'll see we seemed to concede a last minute goal in game after game after game, but we weren't actually that bad on the pitch. Anyway, enjoy...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qd8nsU85OY&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Moonchild_Bee on 16 May 2015, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Moonchild_Bee

Placeholder 2
GRH

Tony Lynch must go down as one of the most enigmatic players to ever have played for us. Looked out of this world in some games, but never really made it.
rudebwoyben

GRH wrote:Tony Lynch must go down as one of the most enigmatic players to ever have played for us. Looked out of this world in some games, but never really made it.
Didn't he like to go to the M25 Acid House raves at the time? Top man if that's true!
TorME

EastBarnetBee wrote:
Moonchild_Bee wrote:Aren't you guys spoiled! We've another treat to get you through the weekend!

This is the Christmas 1991 video which covers the tailend of the Conference winning season, with extended highlights from Wycombe and more importantly, extended coverage of the game against Fisher. I've never seen all the goals - had no idea that Fisher scored two crackers - amazing we didn't make a move for the 18 year who scored them.

Anyway - aren't you lucky!

Edit: 14:20 - is that rare footage of Mark Flashman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4X45nTYxlc
I'd never seen the match against Fisher Ahletic in full before - only Bull's long range strike. My life now feels so much more complete. COYB!
I actually have the Fisher-match in full also, so it might appear here. But I prioritize the Seasons first.
Moonchild_Bee

rudebwoyben wrote:
GRH wrote:Tony Lynch must go down as one of the most enigmatic players to ever have played for us. Looked out of this world in some games, but never really made it.
Didn't he like to go to the M25 Acid House raves at the time? Top man if that's true!
Talking of which, just wait until you hear the backing music for the 94/95 season!
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

This is a brilliant reminder of what great players we had at the end of the Barry Fry era. A whole squad full of stars.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
OB1
Location: Formerly Block C Underhill - Now block E East stand The Hive

Moonchild_Bee wrote:I think the words people looking for are "TorMe will never need to buy a pint at The Hive again"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnKGp3Z0 ... e=youtu.be
I make a brief appearance on the terrace at Lincoln.
Prediction League Champion 2019/2020
Moonchild_Bee

What's that? You want to know all about Dougie Freedman?

Fair enough, here's the 95/96 highlights!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S42gaTcRL8w&feature=youtu.be
Evanstribe

Thanks for uploading these, quite enjoying getting some kind of "Barnet-fix" while there's no games on! I only started watching the Bees in 1996, so good to watch these older seasons in some detail. How many more seasons have you guys got to upload? I'd love to watch 97-98 again for example, but seem to have mislaid my vhs copy.
PBBee

Brilliant uploads! Firstly I can't believe how good quality they are?

Being only 2 at the time I've never really seen much of that great team. There was some great football and goals there.

Also the crowds looked massive at Underhill at time!
TorME

Evanstribe wrote:Thanks for uploading these, quite enjoying getting some kind of "Barnet-fix" while there's no games on! I only started watching the Bees in 1996, so good to watch these older seasons in some detail. How many more seasons have you guys got to upload? I'd love to watch 97-98 again for example, but seem to have mislaid my vhs copy.
Be patient my friend! It's the Norwegian Independence Day tomorrow, so I won't have time then, but I'll try to continue with 97/98 on Monday, so in a couple more days should do it. After that I'll do 89/90 and 90/91.
Moonchild_Bee

Barnet FC Season 1995/96

Was this season Devine for you?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyR6QbvQw2Y&feature=youtu.be
Mem Beespod

PBBee wrote:Brilliant uploads! Firstly I can't believe how good quality they are?

Being only 2 at the time I've never really seen much of that great team. There was some great football and goals there.

Also the crowds looked massive at Underhill at time!
Well according to the figures that were announced ONLY 3500-4000 per game. Underhill was rammed most weeks. Flashman struggled with counting! :D
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938