TK Open letter

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
ricardobee

Re: TK Open letter

Apology accepted BarnetSteve.
buzzzzinbee

I wish those who want to see Barnet playing in Barnet would just set up a phoenix club. Surely it's far more productive to have a team to watch, even at a lower level, than to snipe from the sidelines and feel miserable on Saturdays.
DerekRocholl

buzzzzinbee wrote:I wish those who want to see Barnet playing in Barnet would just set up a phoenix club. Surely it's far more productive to have a team to watch, even at a lower level, than to snipe from the sidelines and feel miserable on Saturdays.
There are plenty of people who want to see Barnet playing in Barnet supporting the club in the same way as they have always done. Perhaps their riposte to your comment is if you don't feel that Barnet FC really belongs in Barnet get your own club rather than taking ours.
DerekRocholl

pauln50 wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
pauln50 wrote:I have lived all over the country, in many places but NEVER lived in Barnet!! Hasn't stopped me attending for the last 50 years!! Anyone else?
Out of interest why did you start supporting Barnet, Paul ?
I come from Borehamwood. my brother and his mates all went to Underhill and one evening i asked him to take me. That night Barnet won the Athenian league. hooked ever since
Thanks for the reply Paul, for a moment I thought you might be one of the rare supporters who supports a club purely because they were attracted by its name.
Spanker Ridley

squeeze90 wrote:The supporters who are most passionate about having us back in Barnet are the ones who are to blame for why we aren't. The amount of funding you have raised is laughable and the small number of people you've been able to recruit to actively support the campaign puts it in the political wilderness. No wonder, as TK states, the campaign is becoming embarrasing in political circles. Those that value being in Barnet instead of on the pitch success are clearly a tiny minority. They are unable to provide a coherent argument that appeals to Barnet councillors and residents as to why we should be in Barnet and that also resonates with the majority of Barnet supporters.
To right mate I can hear your laughter all the way from Wolverhampton.
Sam_BFC

Brian Coleman wrote:Mr and Mrs Average Barnet cared little about the Football Club and hasn't noticed the difference since they moved .
I'm sure they'll notice the difference with local traffic etc when the school opens. :oooops:
buzzzzinbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
buzzzzinbee wrote:I wish those who want to see Barnet playing in Barnet would just set up a phoenix club. Surely it's far more productive to have a team to watch, even at a lower level, than to snipe from the sidelines and feel miserable on Saturdays.
There are plenty of people who want to see Barnet playing in Barnet supporting the club in the same way as they have always done. Perhaps their riposte to your comment is if you don't feel that Barnet FC really belongs in Barnet get your own club rather than taking ours.

Nobody has "taken" Barnet. The chairman chose to move us to the Hive. The majority of fans chose to follow them and a few stubborn fans chose not to.

The club currently known as Barnet FC is not returning to Barnet for another couple of decades at least. This is not down to a desire among those at the club to play elsewhere, but out of necessity due to the fact that we cannot progress while playing under the jurisdiction of a neo-Thatcherite regime who despise us.

I find it very strange that people like to pretend that Barnet Council don't exist and that if only we could remove the evil TK we'd be playing at a shiny South Underhill.

A return to Barnet is not happening. I take no pleasure whatsoever but refusing to partake in watching a team of your choice and choosing instead to snipe from the sidelines and pine over an impossibility really is bizarre.
becbee

buzzzzinbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Nobody has "taken" Barnet. The chairman chose to move us to the Hive. The majority of fans chose to follow them and a few stubborn fans chose not to.

The club currently known as Barnet FC is not returning to Barnet for another couple of decades at least. This is not down to a desire among those at the club to play elsewhere, but out of necessity due to the fact that we cannot progress while playing under the jurisdiction of a neo-Thatcherite regime who despise us.

I find it very strange that people like to pretend that Barnet Council don't exist and that if only we could remove the evil TK we'd be playing at a shiny South Underhill.

A return to Barnet is not happening. I take no pleasure whatsoever but refusing to partake in watching a team of your choice and choosing instead to snipe from the sidelines and pine over an impossibility really is bizarre.
It takes a brave man to make such a scathing post but I actually think you've hit the nail on the head.
John_c

buzzzzinbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

Yep.

To be accused of "taking" the club is breathtaking arrogance if you ask me.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BeesKnees

buzzzzinbee wrote:I find it very strange that people like to pretend that Barnet Council don't exist and that if only we could remove the evil TK we'd be playing at a shiny South Underhill.
The council very much exist and I don't think anyone is pretending otherwise. However, the incumbents have held control for 13 years and their majority is slim. If the elections over the last 12 months had gone differently then Free school building would've been halted and a more sympathetic Council would be in place. one that had previously approved South Underhill. Once this didn't happen I think the writing was on the wall regarding any stadium at Underhill.

While TK controls the club and the Tories control the council it was impossible to see a reconciliation. From a Tory council point of view TK screwed them over, he gained the freehold for pittance and waited until the clause in the sale meant no money went to the council, add to the £1m they blew trying to prove wrongdoing and you end up with a group of people who are very bitter and unwilling to work with TK.

TK isn't evil, but he is disingenuous and prone to bending the truth to achieve his aim. The promise of a vote by supporters should we move was false and I am convinced the move to the Hive was never intended as a temporary one, that is why I was so keen to help raise the £75k so this could be exposed instead of stringing people along. I am also convinced that his promise to allow Wealdstone to play at the Hive was false and a vehicle to help win the contract for the Hive in the first place.
What I hate most about all this is the desire of some to demonise and see anyone not on the same wavelength as the enemy. Life is grey, not black and white. TK has done a huge amount to make the club sustainable and ensure it's long term survival but along the way he has done things that upset people. The Council have not always been the enemy, a lot of good happened between 1998-2002. Supporters who don't go to the Hive aren't bad guys, they just have a different point of view on how it was achieved and what defines the club. It is reasonable to feel the club has been taken away if your main motivation for supporting a club is it's location.
DerekRocholl

buzzzzinbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

So you do want to see Barnet FC playing in Barnet. In which case why can't you accept that some of us are prepared to do something to try to make it happen instead of telling us to set up a Pheonix Club. Yes there are some people who want the club to return to Barnet who don't go to home games, there are many more who do go to the Hive and follow the club. None of us are as naive as you want to paint us, we know what the Council is like, we know that there is nowhere in Barnet that a new stadium could be built on without massive obstacles having to be overcome. At this stage we are just trying to keep the prospect of an eventual return alive rather than giving up. As one of the people who holds this posiiton I think your exhortations to others to set up a Pheonix Club are appalling. If anything is breath taking arrorgance it is telling other people what they should and shouldn't do in relation to the club they support.
Last edited by DerekRocholl on 29 Jun 2015, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
GRH

The irony is that had we had a more responsive Barnet Council, we'd probably be playing at Copthall now, which presumably would still have been unpalatable for the same people that can't bring themselves to go to The Hive.

Although that said, and maybe time is fading my memory, I don't recall the same outcry when we were going to Copthall and waiting for John Prescott to approve the move.
becbee

Hiveoccupier wrote:
buzzzzinbee wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:

So you do want to see Barnet FC playing in Barnet. In which case why can't you accept that some of us are prepared to do something to try to make it happen instead of telling us to set up a Pheonix Club. Yes there are some people who want the club to return to Barnet who don't go to home games, there are many more who do go to the Hive and follow the club. None of us are as naive as you want to paint us, we know what the Council is like, we know that there is nowhere in Barnet that a new stadium could be built on without massive obstacles having to be overcome. At this stage we are just trying to keep the prospect of an eventual return alive rather than giving up. As one of the people who holds this posiiton I think your exhortations to others to set up a Pheonix Club are appalling. If anything is breath taking arrorgance it is telling other people what they should and shouldn't do in relation to the club they support.
When I read Buzzzinbee's post my thought was to agree with what he'd said but thought how he'd know it would upset certain people, yourself included. But even then, I didn't expect such O.T.T. phrases like "breath taking arrogance".

Keep your pipe dreams alive if you wish. It is probably akin to fans who have pipe dreams of us playing in the Premier League. Equally improbable but no reason to not dream if you want to.
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote: When I read Buzzzinbee's post my thought was to agree with what he'd said but thought how he'd know it would upset certain people, yourself included. But even then, I didn't expect such O.T.T. phrases like "breath taking arrogance".

Keep your pipe dreams alive if you wish. It is probably akin to fans who have pipe dreams of us playing in the Premier League. Equally improbable but no reason to not dream if you want to.
Yes I thought the phrase " breath taking arrogance" was a bit OTT as well - I quite liked it though so I thought it was worth another airing. Thanks for your gracious permission to allow me to retain my dreams for the club I support. It is most magnanimous of a Southport supporter to permit a Barnet supporter to fantasise about having the club playing in the Town from which it acquired its current name - you are so kind.
ricardobee

"The chairman chose to move us to the Hive". Quite correct there, after he said the fans would get a say if we ever moved from Underhill.
"neo-Thatcherite regime" Read BarnetSteve"s post above, the second paragraph says it all.
". . . Barnet FC is not returning for another couple of decades at least. . . ." "A return to Barnet is not happening." Bit of a contradiction there. How do you know? Are you the chairman or some kind of soothsayer?
As for "breath taking arrogance" there's a lot of that on here!