Ismail Yakubu

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hampshirebee

Ismail Yakubu

AFC Wimbledon have just let yaks go, such a shame.
northwestbee

Re: Ismail Yakubu

Come back home Ish.
PBBee

He seemed to fall out off favour in the 2nd half of the season whenever I looked at their line ups. Real shame for the lad - assume he will be snapped up by another conference team.
Dreamy

Do feel sorry for him. Especially because after AFC's play-off win he was saying how promoted vindicated his decision to join AFC.
torontobee

At least he won't miss out on the experience of jumping up from the Conference, having already done it with us.

And we could surely do a lot worse, especially if Devera is going? 296 appearances and 20 goals would be some record to add to.
beeamazed

Fitness again the issue...?
He missed a lot of games after Xmas.
Sounds like a rerun of his last season with us. :sad:
(in fact most of his season's with us....)
becbee

Even my other half who isn't really into football saw Ish playing in the Play-Off Final and expressed surprise, commented on how he was never fit enough to play for us by the end of the season.

27 appearances for Wimbledon in a season where they played 59 matches isn't all that great. If we re-sign Steve Kabba we'll have one known injury prone player, we don't want two.
natwilk

I'm suprised by this. He was a good part of their historic promotion season and I really liked PFs attitude when we went up that the players at least deserved the chance in the league. I guess they feel that he already had that chance and didn't make it. poor show tho.
... All we have to do is keep winning the next game ...
Jimbokav1971

Oh what a shame. :(

I was gutted when we let him go and really feel for him now.

Maybe a pay as you play contract would make more sense, (both to him and a club).

I would love to see him back, (but am biased).
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
Jon83

Injury was seemingly the main reason. Good enough on his day for a lge 2 side/top conference side however apparently he struggles to play 2 games on the bounce.

It is indeed a shame for him - a newspaper article a couple of days ago had him quoted as saying that his move to AFC was proved right by them gaining promotion and that he was glad Barnet stayed up and was looking forward to returning to Underhill!
Moonchild_Bee

natwilk wrote:I'm suprised by this. He was a good part of their historic promotion season and I really liked PFs attitude when we went up that the players at least deserved the chance in the league. I guess they feel that he already had that chance and didn't make it. poor show tho.
Terry Brown said the same thing after their win at Wembley.

Poor old Yak's. It's not ability that's hampering his success, as he's comfortably good enough to play in the league. Hope he can resolve his issues. I thought he was damn unlucky with us - mainly as 9 years made him 1 short of a testimonial! What were / are his injury issues? And does he still have fluffy dice in his car?
Moonchild_Bee

natwilk wrote:I'm suprised by this. He was a good part of their historic promotion season and I really liked PFs attitude when we went up that the players at least deserved the chance in the league. I guess they feel that he already had that chance and didn't make it. poor show tho.
Terry Brown said the same thing after their win at Wembley.

Poor old Yak's. It's not ability that's hampering his success, as he's comfortably good enough to play in the league. Hope he can resolve his issues. I thought he was damn unlucky with us - mainly as 9 years made him 1 short of a testimonial! What were / are his injury issues? And does he still have fluffy dice in his car?
jonbonbaby

get him back , especially if devera goes
beeline

Still rate him even if he only plays half a season on a pay as you play basis he is worth having.
Yes I was very sorry to see him go and I'd be pleasantly suprised if Lawrie and TK were to take an option on signing him. But I'm sure he'll end up in lower reaches of the conference or in the blue square south. Easy one of our better defenders, shame he is such injury prone.
PlanBee

Certainly wouldn't be upset to have him back on a pay as you play contract, always loved Yaks. Can't see him leaving the conference though, hope I'm wrong.