Underhill Film

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Jon83

Re: Underhill Film

The film is excellent, really really well made. There were a few tears watching it as well. Very emotive.
Iffy

Agree with that. An excellent film and very emotional.

TK didn't seem to fully rule out releasing it in general in his intro, a small glimmer of hope maybe?
letchbee94

Great film, well worth a watch, makes you miss Underhill and gives you goose bumps.
Mem Beespod

The bit that got me choked was seeing Underhill under the lights on a weeknight. Brought back memories and the feeling you'd get when you'd had a shit day at work and had been counting down the minutes until the evening's game.
Saturdays at the Hive are great but I doubt it will have the same atmosphere on a weeknight that Underhill had.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
KevinBFC

Mr Smart wrote:The bit that got me choked was seeing Underhill under the lights on a weeknight. Brought back memories and the feeling you'd get when you'd had a shit day at work and had been counting down the minutes until the evening's game.
Saturdays at the Hive are great but I doubt it will have the same atmosphere on a weeknight that Underhill had.
Quite agree, walking down Brent Place seeing the sky lit up and hearing the crowd, the Hive doesn't come close in that respect.
Mickbee

Watched it last night, really enjoyed it a must see for all Bees supporters. Hope the club can do something about getting out out on DVD, along with the considerable footage not used in the film.
barnetpete

Car broke down yesterday so I was busy with Green Flag and so didn't make it. I'm now hoping they do another viewing!!!
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
fcpolifan

I reckon the movie hasn't been released in the mean time via DVD or streaming?
Mem Beespod

Apparently there end copyright issues that stop it being released commercially.
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
foxy

Mr Smart wrote:Apparently there end copyright issues that stop it being released commercially.
You would have thought it would have been leaked onto the internet somewhere!
Reckless

The issues are primarily the footage of League 2 including the Slacky last minute save which would have to be edited out as it is Copyright. This would be, to say the least, detrimental to the finished product!
Simon Emmett the Director has pleaded cases to the FA with support from Sky, who want to show it and have offered a goodly sum, and some notable journalists and sports persons including Arsene Wenger and Ian Wright (who actually cried when the film finished, he thinks it is a marvelous piece of work). The footage used ironically does not show any "goals"just snippets of open play and Jake Hyde's goal celebration against Wycombe.
What needs to happen is a petition to the FA for them to relax their Copyright claims to allow a release - although in all honesty that will probably prove fruitless and the only permission we have is for private showings so the Chairman will have to be approached again to see if we may use the facilities at THL.
fcpolifan

That's a shame, no real chance then for anyone abroad to see it. I've only ever been to The Hive and would've loved to see the Underhill movie.
MCB

Can someone explain the copyright issues - and approx cost for the few brief seconds of footage to be shown?

The interweb is full of goals, entire games and live streaming of games - stunned that this could be an issue.

And someone somewhere *must* have a copy that can be accidentally spilled onto the webs. Send it to Wikileaks...
jonbonbaby

can we not start some sort of petition ? or have a i missed that already
shankbee01

MCB wrote:Can someone explain the copyright issues - and approx cost for the few brief seconds of footage to be shown?

The interweb is full of goals, entire games and live streaming of games - stunned that this could be an issue.

And someone somewhere *must* have a copy that can be accidentally spilled onto the webs. Send it to Wikileaks...
When this first game up a few years ago I spoke to a couple of people who work in that world about the licensing. I can't remember the ins and outs but I seem to remember being told it would cost a lot of money to clear. I might be able to dig those emails out. If I can I'll give an actual answer rather than the drivel in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk