Play offs: Bankrolled teams vs Fallen Giants

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
b4life

Re: Play offs: Bankrolled teams vs Fallen Giants

Rovers finished second, they deserve to go up. Other than that I don't care who goes up.
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
becbee

The one club who really pushed us for top spot was Bristol Rovers. I hope they go up. They deserve it.
Grimsby always beat us so for that reason alone I don't want them. FRG in the FL would be even more tin-pot than Accrington, although I suppose it would push us up one place in the attendance table. Both they and Eastleigh have been so bankrolled, I don't want either of them to go up. However I suppose as a city suburb, Eastleigh have more scope for increased attendances than the village club.
lemming3k

Rovers finished second, Grimsby were the best team I saw so either of them would deserve it.

Can't stand them though, hope it's Eastleigh or FGR.
pletch99

Anyone BUT Grimsby really, they were the best team we played this season and our overall record against them is poor.

Personally, Eastleigh would be great - it's a very local game for me, but I've always enjoyed my trips to FGR and Bristol Rovers.

Bristol Rovers may have a few big headed supporters, but I have always found them to be a friendly club - I particularly remember walking away from the memorial ground in colours after we lost 2-1 during our last relegation season and several Rovers fans came up to me to tell me how well we had played and how unlucky we were and how they thought we were too good to go down. I also had a good chat with a couple of their fans as I left the Hive this season.
John Hunt

I'd rather Eastleigh. It was a fun away day via Winchester, and it'd make Viv and Ben smile.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
InBigJohnWeTrust

BR for me. 2nd place finish deserve to follow us up. Few ****s for fans but then again what team doesn't have any. BR vs Grimsby in the final. No love for bankrolled teams like Eastleigh and FGR. BR fans buying FGR home tickets did crack me up I must admit. Seems FGR would rather have an partially empty ground then give the gas any more.
dawat

Being completely impartial, I think it will probably be a Bristol v Grimsby final and a good one at that. Had we drawn on Saturday and Bristol gone up as champions, I think we would all have been gutted if we didn't win the play-offs. For that reason, I think that Bristol deserve to go up irrespective of the size of their fan base or the fact that some of that fans base do their best to convince us that they are morons.
Gasinterloper

hoofer2 wrote:Interestingly, Barnet, Rovers and Grimsby had identical records for last 10 matches: P 10 W 6 D 3 L 1
Toe to toe to the end.

I thought your lads did you proud v Gateshead to be honest. The Heed made things difficult and were definitely up for causing an upset. But it wasn't hard to see why you've been top most of the season.

Apparently in 16/17 it's going to be three up, three down which will probably be a better system from the Conference point of view, but a bit more worrying for the teams sliding down League Two.
Julesuk

Eastleigh for me, just for another "local" away game next season. Rovers would be last as they majority think they have the divine right to go up
South_Belfast_Bee

Anyone tempted to go and watch? Will people with vouchers be going?
john dockers shorts

I think some people forget that the money from flasman or not got us into the league and signed all the best non league players
John Hunt

Why would we want to go to watch a non-league game SBB?

Only kidding.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
Moonchild_Bee

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:Anyone tempted to go and watch? Will people with vouchers be going?
If you want One Adult & One Child ticket happy to sell at cost price!
rudebwoyben

South_Belfast_Bee wrote:Anyone tempted to go and watch? Will people with vouchers be going?
I'm definitely going. My first visit to the 'new' Wembley and it's only a 35 minute journey for me. Besides it will be nice to go there and not feel anxious about the result!
Itsmeerc

I'm going to go as I bottled it after our poor run and bought the early discounted tickets. Ideally, I would like a BR-Grimsby final simply as I think it would be the most entertaining to watch, with Rovers going up as we never beat Grimsby. Based on our games against the four this season, you would have to say Grimsby would be most likely though.