Luisma leaves

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
beew

Re: Luisma leaves

I've no doubt that with the departures of Stevens and Villa they'll be a signing that makes us go WOW.
BeesKnees

I hope so as so far the squad isn't great. We needed Luisma, Stephens and a wow signing to look at top half. Gut feeling at the moment is we are no better than average and severely lack the creativity needed to unlock league 2 defences unless KMB matures in a hurry.
pauln50

beew wrote:I've no doubt that with the departures of Stevens and Villa they'll be a signing that makes us go WOW.

We certainly need one now. Reading this thread is depressing, so many of us are devastated that we have lost two such good players. When we were all so looking forward to a good showing this season, the last two days have really put a downer on the outlook. Come on TK and MA give us a big boost
John Hunt

Hopefully he will end up at Barcelona.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
pletch99

Very sad news - one of my favourite players in 35 years of watching the Bees. He might not be in my top 5 best players I've seen wearing the shirt, but he would certainly make my top 5 favourite players. In terms of the enjoyment he gave me watching him play football he is right up there with Nicky, Paul Showler and Kenny Lowe.

Ironically, I think he should be a bigger loss than he actually will be, given that MA seemed to use him reluctantly and almost never used in what I'm sure would have been his position, tucked in centrally behind the fowards.

If I had been manager, his would have been first name on the team sheet and the team would have built to give him a platform. Still MA didn't do too badly doing it his way. Not as pretty as my would have been, but arguably more effective.
foxy

Well Tony is now rolling in it after the Underhill sale..... and surely Mad Dog wouldn't be here if we were only aiming for lower mid-table

Don't want to get negative too soon Tony but we don't want to have the same L2 football as before.... and they paying public need a statement of intent pretty soon (well within the next 2 weeks) as I feel a few are feeling underwhelmed after the last 48 hours

Is Conor Clifford enough, or do we now need two quality signings?

Roll on the Marquee Signing...............................!
becbee

Obviously it is sad for us to see Luisma leave but completely understandable and no fault of Barnet FC. OK so David Stephens couldn't agree terms but maybe he feels in need of a new challenge anyway - so his departure is understandable too.
But looking at the positives, we still have Akinde, Togwell, Yiadom, et all. Players we could easily have lost.
Let's be grateful for what we have got and give the club chance to find worthy replacements before going into depression. Time enough for that if things don't pan out next season!
kingoffootball

Moonchild_Bee wrote:Most assists last season was Charlie MacDonald.
Yep, despite the injuries. That's one of the reasons I was disappointed we didn't keep him.
Three-time Conference champions
BeeinBristol

Out all day yesterday so only just heard the devastating news. Agree with so many of the comments about his abilities & his pace limitations . But to be honest if he had real pace he wouldn't have played at our level in the first place. His flair will be so sorely missed.
The strength of feeling is palpable: So many posts in such a short time - Is this a record? Would also agree that it such a shame he won't have a farewell game if only so that we can sing our version of roll out the barrel!.
jerroll

BeeinBristol wrote:Out all day yesterday so only just heard the devastating news. Agree with so many of the comments about his abilities & his pace limitations . But to be honest if he had real pace he wouldn't have played at our level in the first place. His flair will be so sorely missed.
The strength of feeling is palpable: So many posts in such a short time - Is this a record? Would also agree that it such a shame he won't have a farewell game if only so that we can sing our version of roll out the barrel!.
Or find out which club he joins in spain and go out there for a jolly!!
BeeinBristol

What a great idea!
jerroll

Sounds very tempting i must say!!
FreshB

Luisma and Stephens are massive losses. Two of our best players. Need to sign stronger players, otherwise we are going to struggle. Two huge losses. Very disappointed
mcleod23

They weren't two of our best players. Stephens we've replaced with a much better player in Dembele and I think everyone is forgetting Luisma hardly featured towards the end of the season and we seemed to do alright. It's a loss but yiadom Ngala Johnson togwell Weston akinde are far more valuable to the team.