Barnet walking football teams , over 50/60/65 UPDATES

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
aclassman

Re: Barnet FC. Over 50s , Need players .. Please join us .

Is this a recruitment thread from TK and MA to get some new old blood into the current first team on the cheap!

Not suggesting for one moment that TK ever tries to do things on the cheap
SudburyBee

Who you calling old :)
We have an 80 year old in our squad who could outrun Mr Batt
SudburyBee

Football starts tomoz after the Xmas break 2/3pm .. Jan 15th
Dave H

Having to post this here as I'm too thick to work out how to send a private message :-(

I was one of the new faces at the session last week. I left a red walking waterproof jacket behind. Steve Barron tells me it was recovered by a Peter. I'm not going to make the session today. I enjoyed it but I seem to have pulled a muscle in my back this week.

I'd hope to be back next week.
SudburyBee

Pulled muscle in back :))) har .. I did not make it today as I pulled one in my leg .. And my mate John apparently the same as you :))
And they call it walking football :))
See you next week ..
Stuart

Does anybody know if there is a walking football session this afternoon?
SudburyBee

Hi Stuart , hope you made it today , please assume that walking football is every Friday at 2pm .. Unless advised on here due to bank holidays etc .. You can't miss us .. All the best Shaun X
SudburyBee

Saturday saw us play our first ever competitive match against an experienced Leyton orient side who had not conceded a goal in there last 2 games ... How did the over 50s get on ? .. We scored :)
For match reports and pictures , join Peters excellent Facebook page ....just go to ...

Over 50's walking football at The Hive
X-Bumble

I play this up here in Whitby (although I'm slightly younger than the 50 limit) and can vouch for how good it is. 'Walking' is a loose term and it ends up in a 'nearly running-but still walking' fest!

A lot more tiring than you would think, but a whole lot of fun.
RichardM

X-Bumble wrote:I play this up here in Whitby (although I'm slightly younger than the 50 limit) and can vouch for how good it is. 'Walking' is a loose term and it ends up in a 'nearly running-but still walking' fest!

A lot more tiring than you would think, but a whole lot of fun.
I play at Stevenage and you are right about it being tiring and ending up in a 'nearly running but still walking fest'. Manchester City are organising various tournaments in the summer and we were amused by the fact the rules state that there must be no fast walking or speed walking.
petersperoni

I never envy having to referee a match and even more so now, trying to decide if someone has one foot on re ground at all times is virtually impossible with the naked eye if players are 'walking' quickly, but at the same time it is very demanding (and quite often funny) in trying not to run!
petersperoni

I play at Stevenage and you are right about it being tiring and ending up in a 'nearly running but still walking fest'. Manchester City are organising various tournaments in the summer and we were amused by the fact the rules state that there must be no fast walking or speed walking.[/quote]

I understand our clubs are trying to arrange home and away games against each other. Could be interesting!
RichardM

petersperoni wrote:I play at Stevenage and you are right about it being tiring and ending up in a 'nearly running but still walking fest'. Manchester City are organising various tournaments in the summer and we were amused by the fact the rules state that there must be no fast walking or speed walking.

I understand our clubs are trying to arrange home and away games against each other. Could be interesting![/quote]

Hopefully it will not be too long before they are arranged and perhaps next season we can play each in the mornings before the League 2 games.
petersperoni

Richard, we did that for our very first competitive match. When Barnet FC entertained Leyton Orient a few weeks ago not only did our walking team play theirs but also the supporters association football team played theirs. It has to be noted though the first team were the only winners that day!

Also Richard I don't know if you use Facebook but we have our own page. Plenty of info and you can check out a list of members to see if there's anyone you know. Sach for 'Over 50's walking football at the Hive'
coldplay

To Peter,tom,steve etc. I have found online a amber/black kit for £10 inc shorts and socks i think a no brainer. Considering the price of the socks in the shop are £12.50. I'm ordering a sample kit to be sent so i can check sizing and quality. Let me know your thoughts.