How many cancellations?

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
pauln50

How many cancellations?

Would be good to have an idea how many have cancelled their membership.
So me and my son
That's 2
BeeArmy

Re: How many cancellations?

Would you renew if prices were changed back to last season?
RichardM

BeeArmy wrote:Would you renew if prices were changed back to last season?
I think that when the season gets closer a lot that have cancelled their membership will have second thoughts, bite the bullet and renew.
RichardM

I think that when the season gets closer a lot who have cancelled will have second thoughts, bite the bullet and renew.
BeesKnees

I would guess the numbers who have cancelled are pretty low, say 20-30. Most who are unhappy have probably complained but not cancelled.
Might be a few more/less after TK makes the poll result known
pauln50

No.
dpa

I've cancelled 2 (1 x adult and 1 x concession).

If a more reasonable rise is subsequently proposed, I will renew.
hoofer2

I have had to cancel 3 U14 + reduce adult to a £2.00 per month. But this is down to a chance in personal circumstances
rather than the price increase which I would have reluctantly paid. It's going to be impossible to attend the number of
games to make a full membership worthwhile.

In my opinion it is having to pay for May, June, July that is the killer period. I simply have no reason to go to The Hive
over this period. I would prefer to have option to pay from September to April for example, but do not want to be stung
for another membership fee which is essentially a supporter tax.
hoofer2

I have had to cancel 3 U14 + reduce adult to a £2.00 per month. But this is down to a chance in personal circumstances
rather than the price increase which I would have reluctantly paid. It's going to be impossible to attend the number of
games to make a full membership worthwhile.

In my opinion it is having to pay for May, June, July that is the killer period. I simply have no reason to go to The Hive
over this period. I would prefer to have option to pay from September to April for example, but do not want to be stung
for another membership fee which is essentially a supporter tax.
antbfc

I understand your complaint but why not just look at it as a season ticket with the cost spread over 12 months? I know you pay for months you don't attend, but it does help spread the cost over a year
BeesKnees

antbfc wrote:I understand your complaint but why not just look at it as a season ticket with the cost spread over 12 months? I know you pay for months you don't attend, but it does help spread the cost over a year
Or cancel in March so the membership runs out end of April and re-join in august. It's true you pay the joining fee but you still save the cost of May\June when compared to those who are happy to pay for months when there is no benefit.

If all those planning on cancelling do this then the increase they pay next year is reduced from 20% to 3% for adults and 30% reduced to 10% for concession.
beew

The whole membership scheme is a scam that lures fans into paying for the months that they shouldn't. The onus is on everyone to cancel and then reapply which many can't be bothered to do. It's like a packaged bank account or PPI and should be banned, also makes me wonder if the decision to offer free gym membership was a move to stop retrospective claims in the future. Many clubs offer season tickets with interest free loans exactly like a membership but without the additional 2 months added on, and the club should do the same.
John_c

beew wrote:The whole membership scheme is a scam that lures fans into paying for the months that they shouldn't. The onus is on everyone to cancel and then reapply which many can't be bothered to do. It's like a packaged bank account or PPI and should be banned, also makes me wonder if the decision to offer free gym membership was a move to stop retrospective claims in the future. Many clubs offer season tickets with interest free loans exactly like a membership but without the additional 2 months added on, and the club should do the same.
Or you see it as spread payments for a season ticket? Your choice I guess.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
iBee

The membership scheme isn't a scam. It's the same as buying a season ticket and paying for it over 12 months.

For a lot of people that "season ticket" has gone up £72.

Its not complicated.
MCB

Surely less likely as you'd then be subject to an additional months joining fee again!

Might seems contrary to what i've posted but I thought that the Membership was / is a genuinely groundbreaking and original piece of marketing.

It should be simple, spread costs, can add-on / remove things you do and don't want easily, technologically advanced, and from the clubs point of view generates year round income, and by it's nature it's more difficult to cancel (this is why 'chuggers' want you to sign up for £2 a month rather that £20 one off - people are lazy).

However, as it's largely an original and new scheme it needed to be handled better.

Annual increases should have been dealt with at point of sign up - like your mobile phone - with an ongoing 2.5% increase stated at the beginning of each season (which could be overruled for downward prices).

Pricewise - the most basic memberships should be priced up to reflect season ticket prices - as ultimately most football fans will use as such. Which means that people see their memberships as £420 season tickets - bad mistake. Or offer a loyalty bonus equivalent to 2 months membership fee so people do not cancel over the low season - i.e. you get £70 credit to spend at the Hive in August after a minimum of 12 months membership.

Ah, there are just so many possibilities that a savvy person conscious marketeer would be able to offer - i'd be interested in Oscar Chamberlains or Tom Clee's views on how the club is run as they were certainly doing very positive things at the club before they left.

Sadly i'd cancelled my memberships due to the change of location of Family Stand last season, so you can't include me in your measurements. It won't be a majority - but it only takes 10% to make the price increase untenable.