Replica kits

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
chrisoffbeat

Replica kits

Hi
We are currently researching the growth in the buying and wearing of replica football shirts by adult fans since the 1970s. We are aiming to gather the experiences and opinions of fans who have bought or been given replica shirts (be it occasionally or every season!), and of fans who have never owned a replica shirt. We are keen to hear from fans of all ages - and particularly those aged over 40, who might have bought replica shirts in the 1980s and early 1990s.

We'd be very grateful if you'd be willing to complete our short survey (should take 5 minutes at most).

You can access it here:
https://sheffieldmanagement.eu.qualtric ... xCVjLAyQJL

Thanks for your time
Chris Stride (University of Sheffield - and Barnet fan!) and Nick Catley (Independent researcher)
X-Bumble

Re: Replica kits

Done.
chrisoffbeat

cheers! For the record my fave Barnet effort is the 86-88 New Olympic-produced home kit...
LeicesterBee

Done also

Good call with the New Olympic kit......I started following the Bees in 1987
RichardM

Also done.
chrisoffbeat

Thanks to all of you who filled the survey in, much appreciated!! We've had almost 3000 responses across the 92 league clubs :)

A quick follow-up question for old-timers on here... can any of you remember when the supporters club shop started selling *adult-sized* replica shirts?

My personal memory is 1988/89 season - the plain amber umbro kit -
but I bought a large youths, with a pretty rubbish print-on (as opposed to embroidered) badge. I assume they also sold adult sizes though.

I don't remember seeing the 86-88 kit (New Olympic one with the black/white patches on the shoulders)
being worn by fans on the terraces.

I do remember a fan named Kevin(?) Schofield wearing the kit before that one (83-85. amber with black pinstripes)
but I think he claimed to have got it from a player... might be wrong though... plus it also looked a small size.

Any insider knowledge of old-timers with supporters club experience/connections would be massively appreciated!