Tony Kleanthous Meeting with Supporters Notes

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
yeoman of the guard

Re: Tony Kleanthous Meeting with Supporters Notes

In regards to West Stand and proposed redevelopment to accommodate media etc. I purchased my membership as early as was possible and was rewarded with getting seat of my choice in block D row J. At the time it was one of the very first to be confirmed as I was shown on the seat plans. Any attempt should it be required to move me anywhere with an inferior viewing outlook will be resisted and if any action is deemed futile I will simply cancel my membership. A disgusting way to reward members who responded positively to the clubs request to purchase memberships sooner rather than later. The east stand will need to be developed soon so why not use space there to accommodate this "necessary" intrusion.
BeesKnees

yeoman of the guard wrote:In regards to West Stand and proposed redevelopment to accommodate media etc. I purchased my membership as early as was possible and was rewarded with getting seat of my choice in block D row J. At the time it was one of the very first to be confirmed as I was shown on the seat plans.
With 6 rows behind you I will be amazed if you are asked to move
Mikel Bee

Row N directly on the halfway line so fully expecting to be moved. They are good seats but have been considering a change. Started out in Block C, then moved to Block D. Might end up closer to the away end or see what the plans are for the East Stand.
John Hunt

Likewise.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
LadyBee

beew wrote:
GRH wrote:
hendon4bee wrote:
3. ID Badges
It is confirmed that adult tickets are fully transferrable.
Aim to prevent transferability of concession tickets.
With kids this is because of a data capture issue.
Many concession tickets were fraudulently being used by adults.
This was caught on camera.
TK surprised with the extent of problem.
People with IPADS will be on hand to check from time to time.
Still none the wiser why all membership cards require photos. I get the need to have some way to confirm that concessions aren't being abused, and therefore why these cards would benefit from photo ID, as they are not transferable, but I still can't see why non-concession memberships need a photo.
It's because they want a database of fans faces. Makes tracing anyone who breaks the rules easier to apprehend. I've had my picture taken but made sure I looked away from the camera which made the lady with the iPad laugh a little but they accepted the picture!!
When I had mine done the other day I asked about this and was told:

1. The photo was being introduced because of the abuse of concessions
2. ID was being requested because photocards are often used generally as quasi-legal documents for identification purposes. So checking ID before issuing a photo card is a bit of a safeguard for the club..
kingpinfid

The joke is that those who are asked to give up their seats will probably be able to see their old seats left empty at most games, as 'corporates' either don't bother to turn up or can't be bothered to walk back around to the West Stand to watch the second half. Apparently this is in the name of progress.

I've been to cricket, rugby and football matches as a 'corporate' and despite liking all three sports, I can honestly say the experience is painful. You end up stuck talking to some boring client / supplier / colleague (delete as appropriate) and don't get to watch the sport. Plus 95% of them have absolutely no clue what is going on. Monty Panesar popped into our corporate tent once at the cricket and when I pointed this out, the chap next to me said "which one is Monty Panesar?" No joke, a room full of white middle aged men in suits and he couldn't pick out Monty Panesar in his cricket whites.

Why not set them up in a marque out on the training pitches, ply them with booze and food, and leave the genuine supporters to watch the match from the best seats?
DerekRocholl

No away coaches
People moved from seats to accommodate press
Shuttle buses with fewer stops
ID cards for members
Cash from Underhill going on buildings and property rather than investing in the squad even in small part
TK admitting off pitch revenues not sufficient to cover big shortfall in attendances so all should pay more
Bottle bar idea positively received presumably if Heineken !
No movement on idea of Barnetising the Hive let alone helping out Village with his flags or John C and Reckless with their fantasies.
Not even getting to see high quality netball despite TK saying many moons ago he would like the Hive to be a centre of excellence for the England team.

How did you come out feeling upbeat John - did he hand out speed ?
hoppy

Hiveoccupier wrote:No away coaches
People moved from seats to accommodate press
Shuttle buses with fewer stops
ID cards for members
Cash from Underhill going on buildings and property rather than investing in the squad even in small part
TK admitting off pitch revenues not sufficient to cover big shortfall in attendances so all should pay more
Bottle bar idea positively received presumably if Heineken !
No movement on idea of Barnetising the Hive let alone helping out Village with his flags or John C and Reckless with their fantasies.
Not even getting to see high quality netball despite TK saying many moons ago he would like the Hive to be a centre of excellence for the England team.

How did you come out feeling upbeat John - did he hand out speed ?
Re Hiveoccupiers point about cash from Underhill going on buildings and property rather than investing in the squad, just a couple of comments on this.

1. Are we not bound by FL rules regarding total salaries in that they must be a proportion of income? I don't know all the ins and outs of this so maybe someone could clarify.
Anyway, surely TK is right to invest in buildings and property (eg the sports hall and the North Stand) if the net result is more income coming in to the Club.
I appreciate that this may be an over-simplification due to the complex set up of TK's empire, again, maybe someone could expand on this.

2. Has TK actually received and banked the money from the sale of Underhill? I thought that there was a year's delay on this. If he hasn't had the funds yet he is funding the new-build out of his own pocket (or a bank loan) so, if that is the case, another reason for not putting money into the squad.

Hopefully someone more knowledgable than me can give a better-informed insight on this.
BeesKnees

Income under the financial fair play rules includes donations and injections of equity so there is nothing stopping an owner boosting the playing budget providing they don't do it through loans to the club. Building a sports hall\ medical centre or investing in a separate community project will not increase the playing budget as it's not permissible income under the fair play rules, but it will make the Hive more profitable.
jerroll

kingpinfid wrote:The joke is that those who are asked to give up their seats will probably be able to see their old seats left empty at most games, as 'corporates' either don't bother to turn up or can't be bothered to walk back around to the West Stand to watch the second half. Apparently this is in the name of progress.
The op says Press and directors will move to block D - didn't mention 'corporate'
John Hunt

Derek, I was upbeat because of what we are building at the Hive. It is looking more and more like a place to be proud of. The sports hall going in is positive. The ticket price increases do not bother me personally and I think that being moved out of my seat is a long way off. For the chairman to praise Village - a supporter who does a lot for the club but is often derided was nice.It was he who used the expression Barnetisation. The colours of the seats are an orange hue of amber. The only thing that saddens me is that it is not in Barnet.

Regarding the coaches this is bad with our tradition of coach travel to away games. A service that is badly used should be scrapped in my mind or used selectively. The coach pick ups reducing is good too. Time from home to ground reduces. It will not stop at places where pick ups were few in the past. Having said that I prefer to use the bus as it is a non incremental cost for me.
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
amberdream

The funds coming from the Underhill sale must be rolled-over into new capital expenditure otherwise it will be taxable.
JWTBee

amberdream wrote:
The funds coming from the Underhill sale must be rolled-over into new capital expenditure otherwise it will be taxable.
Very good & very relevant point for those of us that are/were Accountants!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!
BeesKnees

JWTBee wrote:
amberdream wrote:
What if it's used to pay existing debts?
Which stood at over £11m last year
JWTBee

BeesKnees wrote:
JWTBee wrote:
amberdream wrote:
What if it's used to pay existing debts?
Which stood at over £11m last year
I'm afraid that I don't know the answer to that one!
I love Luisma & really miss his skils!