Hadley FC

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
hoppy

Hadley FC

Hadley FC play in the Spartan South Midlands League. The Club is based at Brickfield Lane Arkley and will be playing its early fixtures away from home, presumably until the new ground is ready for staging football matches.
Hadley won its FA Cup fixture last week and have been drawn away to Hertford Town (20th August).
The first home fixture for Hadley is on 3rd September against Edgware Town FC.
This may be of interest to those Bees fans who are unable to travel to Newport on that day.
John Hunt

Re: Hadley FC

I will be going. Nice to see a local club coming back home after playing at Potters Bar. I went to a fundraiser for them a while ago that Micky Hazard organised with Spurs legends.

On that occasion I will be supporting Edgware as my friend still plays for them aged 44!
FCBFCSA Manager / Former committee member of BFCSA and BFCSA1926
John Hunt

This tie will only take place if Edgware and Hadley are both not in the FA Cup that day.
John Hunt

Their twitter feed proclaims them as Barnet's oldest football team.

Hadley FC @hadleyfc Founded in the 1882/83 season, Hadley FC play in the Spartan South Midlands Football League and are affiliated to the Herts FA.

They are a club in their own right. They have a proud history and are not an AFC Barnet. People should support them for who they are. i see no reason why not to support both Barnet and Hadley.
WelwynBee

hendon4bee wrote:Their twitter feed proclaims them as Barnet's oldest football team.

Hadley FC @hadleyfc Founded in the 1882/83 season, Hadley FC play in the Spartan South Midlands Football League and are affiliated to the Herts FA.

They are a club in their own right. They have a proud history and are not an AFC Barnet. People should support them for who they are. i see no reason why not to support both Barnet and Hadley.
Eh?
DerekRocholl

hendon4bee wrote:Their twitter feed proclaims them as Barnet's oldest football team.

If you want another connection Lester Finch played for Hadley before joining Barnet.

Barnet supporters will be made very welcome at Brickfield Lane because of the support the B2B campaign gave to help them return to their home ground.
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:

If you want another connection Lester Finch played for Hadley before joining Barnet.

Barnet supporters will be made very welcome at Brickfield Lane because of the support the B2B campaign gave to help them return to their home ground.
Well done. All 3 of you.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ricardobee

"Well done. All 3 of you."
Very bitchy John_c.
At least someone found a ground in Barnet, Herts.!
rudebwoyben

Yeah, it's a bit easier if you're a step 5/6 non-league club and Brickfield Lane used to be Wingate's ground back in the day so it isn't strictly speaking a new ground!
However, I do remember there being a local residents' campaign against Wingate playing there with them alleging that some of Wingate's numerous (sic) support would chuck rubbish and urinate in their front gardens after matches..
John Hunt

I didn't know that. Is that Wingate before they merged with Finchley?

When did the merger happen?
rudebwoyben

I remember reading about this in the local paper back in 1989-90. I can't quite remember when.
They merged with Finchley in 1991.
hoppy

Hadley FC won its FA Cup match at Hertford Town today so Hadley's first home fixture at Arkley will be on 3rd September against London Colney in the next round of the FA Cup.
Jimbokav1971

[quote="hendon4bee"On that occasion I will be supporting Edgware as my friend still plays for them aged 44![/quote]

Fergus Moore?
antbfc wrote:
"He owes everyone a naked run... His opinion is invalid"
John Hunt

Yep. Fergie. Hadley won in the cup. Edgware lost their tie. Game to be rescheduled.
John Hunt

It looks like there will still be a game at Hadley FC on September 3rd.

Now they will christen their new ground with a home match against London Colney FC in the greatest competition of them all - The FA Cup.

Good Luck to them.