Barnet walking football teams , over 50/60/65 UPDATES

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Tynant14

Re: Barnet FC. Over 50s , Need players .. Please join us .

Looks good to me
petersperoni

coldplay wrote:To Peter,tom,steve etc. I have found online a amber/black kit for £10 inc shorts and socks i think a no brainer. Considering the price of the socks in the shop are £12.50. I'm ordering a sample kit to be sent so i can check sizing and quality. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks for the interest Coldplay and I apologise for not getting back to you sooner but I'be been away working for a few days and had little chance to get on here.

Yes, it would be a no brainer but...

As Barnet FC/The Hive/Community Trust are partly subsidising the costs of pitch hire/coaches/equipment there is a condition in respect of the kit we wear in that it can only be manufactured by the current official kit supplier (Jako) and must also bear the current sponsor's name. Our hands are tied.

Thank you vety much for your efforts anyway.
SudburyBee

Thank you Coldplay , as Peter says , we are not like Uxbridge ramblers etc , we are representing the good name of Barnet FC in the community , and with the support of the club we ware the sponsors logo at all times , and aim to bring as many new people to walking football with the hope they will attend Barnet matches at the hive and generate revenue for the club .
SudburyBee

Back2Barnet Funds Reallocation

I recently read that the above group were looking to use there funds for the good of BFC .. I asked if they would like to contribute to our Walking Football Team , as we are looking to purchase full kits from the club shop for use in tournaments and the wonderful reply from Mike .. MikelBee ...was a generous contribution of £100..
A very big thank you Mike , from all at BFC walking football team .
Mikel Bee

SudburyBee wrote:Back2Barnet Funds Reallocation

I recently read that the above group were looking to use there funds for the good of BFC .. I asked if they would like to contribute to our Walking Football Team , as we are looking to purchase full kits from the club shop for use in tournaments and the wonderful reply from Mike .. MikelBee ...was a generous contribution of £100..
You're welcome Sudbury. Well done and thank you to all who raised money as part of the scheme.
Mikel Bee

SudburyBee wrote:Back2Barnet Funds Reallocation

You're welcome Sudbury. Well done and thank you to all who raised money as part of the scheme.
MCB

I notice there was a national championship at Wembley. Won by Wealdstone...

Will this be on your radar next year - we could do with some silverware?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_kmPBdCJ2w
Dave H

It was a `National League' (i.e. Football Conference) event. Hopefully Barnet won't ever be eligible to play in it.

I have to confess I was a member of the winning Wealdstone team. Please don't hate me - I started playing at a session they run 5 minutes from my door and there were only about 3 real Wealdstone fans in the team :-)

I turned my ankle over in the final and haven't played anywhere since :-(
John_c

Dave H wrote:It was a `National League' (i.e. Football Conference) event. Hopefully Barnet won't ever be eligible to play in it.

I have to confess I was a member of the winning Wealdstone team. Please don't hate me - I started playing at a session they run 5 minutes from my door and there were only about 3 real Wealdstone fans in the team :-)

I turned my ankle over in the final and haven't played anywhere since :-(
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
coldplay

I hope you get fit soon Dave H, we have some games coming up and need you with your brick wall defending. cheers.
Dave H

Thank you. Not there yet but it's getting better.
coldplay

The headline post is very misleading. It should say need players providing your standard of play is not higher than some founder members.
The ethos of the team is to include everyone of various abilities which i APPLAUD. However when the numbers of the group have grown in the past 6 months where we are able to field 2 teams in matches and tournaments. This is where the politics have overtaken the enjoyment of the game.
I suggested having a A and B teams. This went down like a lead balloon, so i changed the wording to not offend the ego's of anyone. Keeping
the BARNET theme to name the 2 teams AMBER and BLACK which i thought would appease everyone. How wrong was i. It's a real shame because the idea of giving us old fogies a second chance of playing the game we all love in our twilight years in matches and tournaments is
fantastic. A match was played yesterday at The Hive without some of the strongest players being involved, A 8-3 drubbing in a 40 min match, thankfully the game was not played for the usual hour. None of us like too see a BARNET team in any format taking a spanking. Especially when it can be avoided. Some of us are confused as to what the founder members want. They wish to play other teams and enter tournaments without some of the strongest players being involved but keep banging the drum of involving everybody.
SudburyBee

Hi coldplay
As one who takes an interest in over 50s football I believe you are missing the point , which is to enjoy oneself and keep fit at the same time , everyone wants to win , but not at all costs , those playing want to win like anyone else , but ages ranging up to 82 years old , hardly fits into your idea of a super fit elite team .. "Spanking" defeat .. Seriously ... If you spoke to those that played. , they all enjoyed themself , and made friends with a Colchester team who are southern champions and played in the national tournament at saint George's ,
So I guess in footballing terms this was like man city v Barnet ..
The idea of walking football at the hive is to generate local interest in Barnet FC , maybe those that turn up will go to a game here if they never thought of it .. It also generates revenue for the club shop as kits etc are bought .. It generates bar revenue after training on a Friday .. And of course everyone wants to win and as the team learns and developers , providing we don't die of old age , we may even win another game ..
This is walking football my friend , a squad ranging from 50 to 80 , it's not Manchester United and sadly , obviously not what you expect ..
SudburyBee

Bees v Colchester
Bees v Colchester
Attachments
image.png
SudburyBee

Barnet over 50s walking football team v Colchester ... A fab day at the Hive .. No matter if your big , small , useless or talented , male or female etc , all are welcome to the inclusive BFC. WFT