Hadley FC

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jerroll

Re: Hadley FC

Bee_Forever wrote:It is heartbreaking to pass the old stadium with its floodlights intact and Stands mostly so and think about all the memories created there, and how it will never see football played on it again (unless by some spotty kids from the Ark Academy when redeveloped).

Underhill is our home and the Hive will never be that, no matter how many chicken shops Tony opens. For some the move to the Hive makes sense, and was the only way for the club to move forward, for me it is hard to look past the vista of a club ripped from its ancestral home and left in the arse end of Harrow for no good reason than that our owner was too stubborn to work with equally stubborn local councillors.

The Hive was supposed to be our training ground only with a vote on a relocation, then it was a temporary solution for 10 years, now it is our home with Tony building extensively on the site with indoor parking and training facilities. This would not be happening if this was a temporary ground.

The Hive may be where Barnet FC play our football. But it will NEVER be our home in my eyes.
Like button activated!!
jerroll

pgbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Do the Barnet Town obsessives have any suitable sites to suggest that we would get planning permission for?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Nope, that's why I reluctantly put up with THL. logic for me would have been a brownfield site along st albans road beyond the golf courses which would have been within walking distance of Barnet high street but can't imagine planning consent being agreed(would have been ideal for away fans coming off of the M25/A1M)
I think that is outside LBof B, the boundary is the boundary of Old Fold Manor GC. The old police ground at Stirling Corner is in the borough though, the boundary being the A1...
don't care about the borough , it proximity to Barnet and the ability for walk up from Barnet residents like Underhill offered - prefer THL to copthall or Graham Park or Burnt Oak etc!
pgbee

Totally agree, just saying....although now no longer within walking distance unless I set off several days in advance.
John_c

jerroll wrote:
pgbee wrote:
jerroll wrote:
#Beebot wrote:Do the Barnet Town obsessives have any suitable sites to suggest that we would get planning permission for?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Nope, that's why I reluctantly put up with THL. logic for me would have been a brownfield site along st albans road beyond the golf courses which would have been within walking distance of Barnet high street but can't imagine planning consent being agreed(would have been ideal for away fans coming off of the M25/A1M)
I think that is outside LBof B, the boundary is the boundary of Old Fold Manor GC. The old police ground at Stirling Corner is in the borough though, the boundary being the A1...
don't care about the borough , it proximity to Barnet and the ability for walk up from Barnet residents like Underhill offered - prefer THL to copthall or Graham Park or Burnt Oak etc!

But....BARNET TOWN! :grrr: :grrr:
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
DerekRocholl

John_c wrote:
September1907 wrote:I would have loved the club to have been at Stirling Corner , I don't care if it's a Brown , Green or Pink site, it should be Black and Amber site.The site has been derelict for at least 30 years. If Tottenham Hotspurs can build there large training ground on a greenfield site then anything should be possible. alternatively convert one of the 10 golf clubs the council own. sadly the B2B only had backing of 100 or so fans so without a voice there was no chance. If the B2B had the backing of 800 + who knows what could have been achieved. Hadley came back to Barnet ( or Arkley) hence had support of B2B .
Hopefully someone somewhere will get a campaign up and running again in the future . Sadly I cannot see it in my lifetime but never say never, oops I just said it.
Don't think Stirling Corner is in Barnet Town either. It's practically Borehamwood for gods sake. :-)
Urns geography is a funny thing. It is in the Underhill Ward in the Chipping Barnet constituency. :Drink1: https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/postcode/en53jg
miguelito

Hiveoccupier wrote:
John_c wrote:
September1907 wrote:I would have loved the club to have been at Stirling Corner , I don't care if it's a Brown , Green or Pink site, it should be Black and Amber site.The site has been derelict for at least 30 years. If Tottenham Hotspurs can build there large training ground on a greenfield site then anything should be possible. alternatively convert one of the 10 golf clubs the council own. sadly the B2B only had backing of 100 or so fans so without a voice there was no chance. If the B2B had the backing of 800 + who knows what could have been achieved. Hadley came back to Barnet ( or Arkley) hence had support of B2B .
Hopefully someone somewhere will get a campaign up and running again in the future . Sadly I cannot see it in my lifetime but never say never, oops I just said it.
Don't think Stirling Corner is in Barnet Town either. It's practically Borehamwood for gods sake. :-)
Urns geography is a funny thing. It is in the Underhill Ward in the Chipping Barnet constituency. :Drink1: https://www.streetcheck.co.uk/postcode/en53jg
The old Met Police sports ground is in High Barnet Ward. You've tagged the Harvester pub across the road (in Underhill).

Your round!
Attachments
HighBarnet.PNG
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
DerekRocholl

miguelito wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
John_c wrote:
The old Met Police sports ground is in High Barnet Ward. You've tagged the Harvester pub across the road (in Underhill).

Your round!
I stand corrected ! It is still in Barnet of course.
John_c

Hiveoccupier wrote:
John_c wrote:
Geography indeed. I don't recall it being in the mythical Barnet Town "map" though?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
ricardobee

"Geography indeed. I don't recall it being in the mythical Barnet Town "map" though?"

Certainly in the mythical (as some might call it) Barnet, Hertfordshire though!
becbee

Why are some people so hung up on whether or not somewhere falls into the London Borough of Barnet? The Morrisons on the other side of Stirling Corner is in Borehamwood. All the looking at maps will not change anything, TK tried for years to get a site in LB of B, it proved impossible then and nothing has changed since - except that we now have a good ground just outside the borough boundary.
DerekRocholl

John_c wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
John_c wrote:
Geography indeed. I don't recall it being in the mythical Barnet Town "map" though?
Clearly your memory is not what it was John.High Barnet, New Barnet, East Barnet, Underhill were all part of the area.
DerekRocholl

becbee wrote:Why are some people so hung up on whether or not somewhere falls into the London Borough of Barnet? The Morrisons on the other side of Stirling Corner is in Borehamwood. All the looking at maps will not change anything, TK tried for years to get a site in LB of B, it proved impossible then and nothing has changed since - except that we now have a good ground just outside the borough boundary.
Because the Hive is in Edgware Becbee. Whether you understand them or not some people decided they didn't want to support a club that moved to a different town in a different Burrough even if it did retain its name.
StephenM

Tottenham Hotspur :roll:
#Beebot

I know the debate has been done to death, but I still find it astonishing that people who support a club based in a city where there is enormous pressure on land and where any site available for building is usually snapped up very quickly by hawk-like developers, cannot handle the club moving just outside the borough boundary.

Land in London is in demand more so than in any other large city in this country and arguably Europe. Needless to say when decisions are made by local and national government about who gets this land, League 2 football clubs are not near the top of this list.

Given that we were negotiating with a council led by someone as awful as Brian Coleman for many years, we're relatively lucky to have a site only just outside the boundary and not further afield.
MCB

I agree with the above, but keep being reminded that Barnet Council own something like 10 golf courses, the highest of any council in the land, and they only bring in about £200,000 per annum combined.

It's a ridiculous sport for the predominantly well heeled, and the whole idea of keeping it as greenery is nonsense considering council residents can't go walk or picnic through the tees.

So find an appropriate golf course, split it up between New Underhill, open parks, affordable housing and then build 5 houses for the open market which will cover 15 years of profit from all 10 golf courses combined.

So what's the closest golf course to Underhill then? :?: