Chairmans Q&A answers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
LeicesterBee

Chairmans Q&A answers

https://www.barnetfc.com/news/2017/augu ... --part-1/‬

Some interesting and frank answers by TK

Safe to say that I don't think we'll be seeing MA back anytime soon!
Mem Beespod

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Who are the "technical team"? Didn't elaborate on that. Was a bit of a politician's answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
adher36

I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.
Norfolk & Chance

adher36 wrote:I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

The supporters coach question in particular has been asked and answered so many times. It is not coming back because not enough people used it. I really struggle to understand why people do not understand the concept of breaking even.
Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
ninestein

I can understand TK's position on this subject. However, maybe there's a case that for big one-off games, the club could put the feelers out to see if there is enough demand. It's a shame this Brighton game is at reasonably short notice. But say we got through and drew Man Utd away again, perhaps the club could send an e-mail out and gauge the number of responses to see if there's enough demand for a coach before making a decision on it. We don't want the club to be losing money anywhere, at the end of the day that impacts our expenditure on the pitch. But if we know we can guarantee a break-even operation for big away games, the priority should be to get as many fans to the game as possible to back the side.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
John_c

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
adher36 wrote:I'm not sure how any one can argue with any of his answers? He has answered everything fully (he has to answer the same dull questions year after year, I'm surprised he even bothers at all.)

Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
There are plenty of chairmen who try and break even. And fail.

It's the reason we haven't gone bust again. Seems sensible to me.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

He's basically saying that they've tried all sorts and it rarely makes a difference. Winning games - that's what makes a difference. Let's see what happens.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
RichardM

John_c wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Exactly!
BurntOakBee

His dislike for MA comes across surprisingly strongly here. I'm surprised he managed to hold onto his job that long before the 'move' to Eastleigh!
Norfolk & Chance

RichardM wrote:
John_c wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Exactly!
We must surely be on a much firmer footing now. An occasional extravagant gesture to the fans (one that would probably break even anyway) isn't going to bring the club down imo. In fact I think the speculate to accumulate approach could be tried once or twice without risking the club's future and may even get the home crowds up. An end to austerity !
ninestein

3) Why do think our crowds have not increased following our Conference winning season, most other that have won the Conference saw an increase the following season?

Personally I felt our style of football and results in League 2 were poor.

That response is very blunt and to the point, but it's refreshing to hear him say it.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
Mem Beespod

I think the parting of ways came at the right time. MA was clearly digging at TK in his interviews when he kept mentioning how many kids he was giving debuts to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
MCB

Dear TK,

Can we have changing rooms like those Glenn Tamplin installed at Billericay?

Thanks!
Norfolk & Chance

ninestein wrote:3) Why do think our crowds have not increased following our Conference winning season, most other that have won the Conference saw an increase the following season?

Personally I felt our style of football and results in League 2 were poor.

That response is very blunt and to the point, but it's refreshing to hear him say it.
I would attach more credence to that response if the crowds started higher and then tailed off due to the style of football and performances.

I think there is more in play than just performances on the pitch and as an astute businessman, he probably knows that.
peterstebbings

Not sure how frank or interesting any of his answers are and don't feel like we've learnt a whole lot from it.