Chairmans Q&A answers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
eastbarnetsupporter

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

peterstebbings wrote:Not sure how frank or interesting any of his answers are and don't feel like we've learnt a whole lot from it.
He was only answers questions set by our fans. I think there is only so many ways you can spin on why ticket prices are what they are...

Feel sorry for TK sometimes, can't seem to ever win with certain bees fans!
Anthony

Obviously not every answer to every question is going to expose the entire inner workings of Barnet Football Club. Each year, however there are answers given that I think are very revealing. Despite the varying depth to each answer, I really look forward to the answers. As far as I know, no other chairman in the FL does this. It would be a shame to lose this opportunity each year because of people moaning that they haven't been given the complete inside track on why attendances haven't shot up since promotion.
ninestein

To be fair this is only part 1. Probably a couple more yet to come and the issues raised so far have cropped up previously anyway.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
John_c

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
RichardM wrote:
John_c wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote: Does literally everything have to break even or turn a profit? There is no chairman in the land who does the job to make a profit. On the odd special occasion I'd have thought losing a few quid would be worth it to help boost the numbers at a big away game. A 12th man on the terraces can conceivably carry a team to the next round and generate even more income. Mind you I'm not chairman of a football club though.
There are plenty of chairmen who try and break even. And fail.

It's the reason we haven't gone bust again. Seems sensible to me.
Exactly!
We must surely be on a much firmer footing now. An occasional extravagant gesture to the fans (one that would probably break even anyway) isn't going to bring the club down imo. In fact I think the speculate to accumulate approach could be tried once or twice without risking the club's future and may even get the home crowds up. An end to austerity !
I dunno. January was a bit exciting signings wise?
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
Norfolk & Chance

Anthony wrote:Obviously not every answer to every question is going to expose the entire inner workings of Barnet Football Club. Each year, however there are answers given that I think are very revealing. Despite the varying depth to each answer, I really look forward to the answers. As far as I know, no other chairman in the FL does this. It would be a shame to lose this opportunity each year because of people moaning that they haven't been given the complete inside track on why attendances haven't shot up since promotion.

Hardly moaning. More an observation. When you've been married 25 years plus you'll have a full and thorough understanding of what moaning actually is Anthony.
becbee

Norfolk & Chance wrote:
Anthony wrote:Obviously not every answer to every question is going to expose the entire inner workings of Barnet Football Club. Each year, however there are answers given that I think are very revealing. Despite the varying depth to each answer, I really look forward to the answers. As far as I know, no other chairman in the FL does this. It would be a shame to lose this opportunity each year because of people moaning that they haven't been given the complete inside track on why attendances haven't shot up since promotion.

Hardly moaning. More an observation. When you've been married 25 years plus you'll have a full and thorough understanding of what moaning actually is Anthony.
Do we really need such a male chauvinist / sexist comment?
RichardM

becbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Probably, wait until you have been married for 40 years.
ninestein

Anyway, i can't wait for part 2.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
becbee

RichardM wrote:
becbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Probably, wait until you have been married for 40 years.
For all you know, maybe I have ?! Anyway, he said 25 years, you are now saying 40 years. The comment is unnecessary regardless.
Norfolk & Chance

Hardly moaning. More an observation. When you've been married 25 years plus you'll have a full and thorough understanding of what moaning actually is Anthony.[/quote]

Do we really need such a male chauvinist / sexist comment?[/quote]

Probably, wait until you have been married for 40 years.[/quote]

For all you know, maybe I have ?! Anyway, he said 25 years, you are now saying 40 years. The comment is unnecessary regardless.[/quote]

Becbee, you made the chauvinistic assumption that I was referring to my wife moaning at me, rather than me moaning at my wife !

(Although to be fair, you were spot on).
RichardM

Norfolk & Chance wrote:Hardly moaning. More an observation. When you've been married 25 years plus you'll have a full and thorough understanding of what moaning actually is Anthony.
Do we really need such a male chauvinist / sexist comment?[/quote]

Probably, wait until you have been married for 40 years.[/quote]

For all you know, maybe I have ?! Anyway, he said 25 years, you are now saying 40 years. The comment is unnecessary regardless.[/quote]

Becbee, you made the chauvinistic assumption that I was referring to my wife moaning at me, rather than me moaning at my wife !

(Although to be fair, you were spot on).[/quote]

Becbee apparently has no sense of humour, what a pity.
foxy

becbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

You never know, he could be married to a man! I don't think the sex was even mentioned. Modern day times we live in now :Drink1: :bash:
BeeBoi1980

foxy wrote:
becbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

You never know, he could be married to a man! I don't think the sex was even mentioned. Modern day times we live in now :Drink1: :bash:
Not so, he said he has been married for 25 years+, same sex marriage in the UK has only been possible for 3 years in the UK. That said, I have no idea if it was possible elsewhere in the world 25+ years ago.
Norfolk & Chance

foxy wrote:
becbee wrote:
Norfolk & Chance wrote:

Believe me, after 25 years, sex never is mentioned! (With apologies to Becbee).

Well this thread digressed a little. :whistle:
john dockers shorts

My wife moans a lot.... At least I'm doing something right!!!

Back on topic

As supporters we often simplify things but there are so many pieces of the puzzle we aren't privvy to.

Look forward to seeing the next installments