The Hive to be discussed in the House of Commons

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
MCB

Re: The Hive to be discussed in the House of Commons

Also Camden Council's Cabinet Member for Finance has requested a report into Bob's ramblings - says they are 'quite a claim' :D
miguelito

MCB wrote:
miguelito wrote:Mystery solved - PEPF land was once part of ILEA (Inner London Education Authority) which was abolished in 1990, when the land transferred to Camden.

John C's old sports ground for William Ellis School also appears.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/cy/uksi/1 ... ?wrap=true
William Ellis Sports Ground still exists a short stroll away from the Hive. https://goo.gl/maps/KHKCGaoFGaF2

But it doesn't seem to be used by William Ellis School anymore? :?:

More pertinently why did ILEA transfer PEPF and William Ellis Sports Ground to Camden and not Harrow? They appeared to have nothing given to them, yet existed as a borough then :?:
ILEA was abolished; land was presumably transferred to the boroughs where the schools who used the facilities were based. Harrow was not part of ILEA.
"Oh my god, he's attacking them!"
MCB

miguelito wrote: ILEA was abolished; land was presumably transferred to the boroughs where the schools who used the facilities were based. Harrow was not part of ILEA.
Didn't know that - thanks.

Won't ask why the land belonged to ILEA in the first place as Harrow Borough predated ILEA, and William Ellis School has no connections I know with Harrow!
miguelito

MCB wrote:
miguelito wrote: ILEA was abolished; land was presumably transferred to the boroughs where the schools who used the facilities were based. Harrow was not part of ILEA.

Won't ask why the land belonged to ILEA in the first place as Harrow Borough predated ILEA, and William Ellis School has no connections I know with Harrow!
If you look at the legislation I linked to, ILEA had properties across Greater London and beyond - as far away as Wales!
rudebwoyben

So a couple of Barnet fans have managed to find out more about the provenance of PEPF through a few minutes internet searching than Bob Blackman did in about 4 years?
DerekRocholl

miguelito wrote:
MCB wrote:
miguelito wrote:Mystery solved - PEPF land was once part of ILEA (Inner London Education Authority) which was abolished in 1990, when the land transferred to Camden.

William Ellis Sports Ground still exists a short stroll away from the Hive. https://goo.gl/maps/KHKCGaoFGaF2

More pertinently why did ILEA transfer PEPF and William Ellis Sports Ground to Camden and not Harrow? They appeared to have nothing given to them, yet existed as a borough then :?:
ILEA was abolished; land was presumably transferred to the boroughs where the schools who used the facilities were based. Harrow was not part of ILEA.
Because Harrow isn't an Inner London Borough.
MCB

Hiveoccupier wrote:
miguelito wrote:
MCB wrote:

But why did ILEA have land in an Outer London Borough? And quite a lot!
MCB

rudebwoyben wrote:So a couple of Barnet fans have managed to find out more about the provenance of PEPF through a few minutes internet searching than Bob Blackman did in about 4 years?
Harrow Council meeting minutes are online going back to the 1990's - possibly earlier. Fancy that!
miguelito

Hiveoccupier wrote:
miguelito wrote:
MCB wrote:

You don't say. :shock:
jerroll

Perhaps Bob isn't happy we have signed his son Andre without asking him!!
MCB

jerroll wrote:Perhaps Bob isn't happy we have signed his son Andre without asking him!!
Rather hope we don't start singing anti-Bob Blackman songs in the run up to the election..."Blackman Out" :D
John_c

MCB wrote:

The people of Harrow were proud to welcome a prestigious school to the area. The was a sign outside excluding reprobates from Acland Burghley.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
John_c

Bob has come across as a bit of an arse over this. I'll admit I knew nothing about him prior to this week. Now I know he's a bit stupid, so fair play to him.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
X-Bumble

OK.. I had a good thorough read of this, and it is clear to me that this Blackman fellow is on some motivated rampage - I'm guessing from disgruntled residents.

It seems clear to me that the second MP Mr Jones (anyone know his first name?) put him firmly in his place and told him in no uncertain terms that he has no leg to stand on, and nothing wrong has been done.

I cannot see this going anywhere to be honest. He's trying to rake up muck that doesn't seem to be there. He seems confused as to what is OK legally, and what is OK or not based on what he wants.

Does anyone local come on this board? - if so, they should get in contact with him and complain about the new buildings opposite. Maybe that will deflect his attention elsewhere.

From what he said in the Hansard transcription above, he seems very light on any factual data and very heavy on emotional data. It made me cringe a bit to be honest. It felt like the ramblings of a teenager rather than an MP. It was ill-conceived, badly researched and badly presented.
Last edited by X-Bumble on 08 Sep 2017, 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
shankbee01

I think he's just getting ready for a 'man of the people' election campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk