The Hive to be discussed in the House of Commons

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
X-Bumble

Re: The Hive to be discussed in the House of Commons

shankbee01 wrote:I think he's just getting ready for a 'man of the people' election campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's farcical really. I get the impression he doesn't know too much about the Hive, nor what it offers the local community.
He seems a very strange chap, and seemingly misguided by greater powers.
MCB

John_c wrote:
The people of Harrow were proud to welcome a prestigious school to the area. The was a sign outside excluding reprobates from Acland Burghley.
:laugh:

They had to ship the Ellis kids to Harrow for the safety of the good people of Camden!
hoofer2

X-Bumble wrote:OK.. I had a good thorough read of this, and it is clear to me that this Blackman fellow is on some motivated rampage - I'm guessing from disgruntled residents.
Probably a single bossy old lady who is a professional curmudgeon sends 5 letters a day demanding a reply for each...
John_c

MCB wrote:
John_c wrote:
The people of Harrow were proud to welcome a prestigious school to the area. The was a sign outside excluding reprobates from Acland Burghley.
:laugh:

They had to ship the Ellis kids to Harrow for the safety of the good people of Camden!
We were bussed out to avoid your lot!
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
BigBee

Coming from a school slightly south of
Acland Burghley, I was bussed to the
warmer climes of Bow Lane.
simples169

Has there been many complaints from the residents about the Hive and what it brings and does for the local community?
DerekRocholl

MCB wrote:
Hiveoccupier wrote:
miguelito wrote:
MCB wrote:Mystery solved - PEPF land was once part of ILEA (Inner London Education Authority) which was abolished in 1990, when the land transferred to Camden.

John C's old sports ground for William Ellis School also appears.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/cy/uksi/1 ... ?wrap=true
William Ellis Sports Ground still exists a short stroll away from the Hive. https://goo.gl/maps/KHKCGaoFGaF2

But it doesn't seem to be used by William Ellis School anymore? :?:

More pertinently why did ILEA transfer PEPF and William Ellis Sports Ground to Camden and not Harrow? They appeared to have nothing given to them, yet existed as a borough then :?:
But why did ILEA have land in an Outer London Borough? And quite a lot!
Because land for school playing fields and like is in short supply and bloody expensive in Inner London.
BeesKnees

X-Bumble wrote:
shankbee01 wrote:I think he's just getting ready for a 'man of the people' election campaign.

It's farcical really. I get the impression he doesn't know too much about the Hive, nor what it offers the local community.
He seems a very strange chap, and seemingly misguided by greater powers.
He knows a hell of a lot about the Hive.

He'd rather twist the truth to suit his agenda.

For example, he was the person who persuaded the head of planning committee Cllr Greek too issue the planning enforcement notice. Despite it being made clear to him at the time that it was against the planning law. It resulted in the council being unable to find an expert to defend the appeal and cost the council compensation.
shankbee01

I must caveat this post by saying I've consumed an extremely large amount of liquor. Old fashioneds are the devils drink. Anyway, whilst trying to read this thread with one eye I was wondering whether there is a link with Mr Blackman and our dear old abusive friend Mr Coleman. Guess what, http://bobblackmanmp.com/news/298-finch ... dinner-298

Now obviously that doesn't say to much but I wonder why Bob has it in for us so much?

I'm sure in the morning I'll regret this post. In other news, the moon landings never happened. The moon doesn't even exist.

MCB

Nothing wrong with an old fashioned, albeit I normally restrict myself to one at the end of the night.

Blackman and Coleman will know each other from when they were both councillors on the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority at the London Assembly around 2007.

I'd be surprised if they are friends considering Bob's continued anti-gay stances

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bo ... mp-1492423

But the article does re-affirm that he is a massive hypocrit.
Bob is an absolute hypocrite. He talks about marriage being between one man and one woman... but why does he not practice what he preaches?
Home Made Bread

The proceedings in the Commons seem to have been an opportunity for the participants, both Conservative members, to place on record that they have raised the issue. Nothing more, nothing less. It is a waste of time to stand up and say " I don't know much about this but the Camden Council owned it and now they don't and they won't talk to me unless I raise an FOI request and even then, and how come Camden Council have an interest and why don't they raise an invoice to Harrow and get loads of money plus 4%."

There is a rant about what, precisely ? That I'm an MP and I'm going to stand up and blub that I have to so something but I really can't be bothered to do it properly ?

A little research using the words "Prince Edward's and Watson's Playing Fields" ( useful information given ) reveals two items which may have helped the Hon Members from wasting time:

According to a notice published in The London Gazette, 1, January, 1957,: " The following land is about to be registered. Any objections should be addressed to "HM Land Registry, Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, W.C.2" before the 15th day of January,1957". There follows descriptions of 52 pieces of land and/or leaseholds including: "(15) Prince Edward and Watson's Playing Fields, Whitchurch Lane, Edgware Middlesex, by London County Council".

The Education (Inner London Education Authority)(Property Transfer) Order 1990 also lists "Prince Edward Playing Fields 226 Whitechurch (sic) Lane, Edgware, Middlesex," S.I. 1990 No. 124. I have not read it, but my trusty search engine took me there.

So if the Hon Membs read this they can start with those and work back and then forwards. The London Metropolitan Archives apparently have over 2,700 linear metres of LCC/GLC minutes, and their archivists will oblige by bringing up minute books for inspection. Archivists are extremely helpful people.

The fact that nobody had the wits to use the provisions of the Localism Act to make a sale of the freehold more complicated speaks volumes.
shankbee01

MCB wrote:Nothing wrong with an old fashioned, albeit I normally restrict myself to one at the end of the night.

Blackman and Coleman will know each other from when they were both councillors on the London Fire and Emergency Planning Authority at the London Assembly around 2007.

I'd be surprised if they are friends considering Bob's continued anti-gay stances

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bo ... mp-1492423

But the article does re-affirm that he is a massive hypocrit.
Bob is an absolute hypocrite. He talks about marriage being between one man and one woman... but why does he not practice what he preaches?
I tried to restrict myself but after a whole bunch of brewdogs my guard was down. Anyway, I don't feel so detective this morning.

X-Bumble

I'm having trouble understanding what his main problem is. I've re-read it several times and it's just all over the place. At first he seemed to be some kind of White Knight for Camden Council (not sure why?), but then he just jumps around all over the place.

I wonder what his true motivation is... maybe we should lodge a freedom of information on him and see if we can dig deeper and find out who is pulling his strings.
#Beebot

X-Bumble wrote:I'm having trouble understanding what his main problem is. I've re-read it several times and it's just all over the place. At first he seemed to be some kind of White Knight for Camden Council (not sure why?), but then he just jumps around all over the place.

I wonder what his true motivation is... maybe we should lodge a freedom of information on him and see if we can dig deeper and find out who is pulling his strings.
Seems relatively simple to me - Harrow is a Labour council and Blackman wants to clutch at every straw he can to attack them.