Cambridge (Hive) The Shaqademical Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
jamiefrbees

Re: Cambridge (Hive) The Shaqademical Match Thread

I believe Rossi Eames will lead us to the play-offs.

Campbell-Ryce was a useless has-been from what i'd seen of him last season. He is a revelation this season in the middle: covered every blade of grass and his fitness is incredible.

I like Weston but don't see that he would get in the side at the moment.

With Jack Taylor threading through balls for Shaq Coulthirst, two young stars yet to fulfil their potential, you see Barnet becoming the side they always promised to be.
Vilhete is also becoming one of the first names on the team sheet, for good reason. Which only makes it more enigmatic how it got to the point where he was so many times almost allowed to leave the club.

I only wish I'd put a bet on at the start of the season for a top 7 finish.

Last 2: Scored 7, against 2. No Akinde

The future is bright.
MCB

jamiefrbees wrote:I believe Rossi Eames will lead us to the play-offs.

Last 2: Scored 7, against 2. No Akinde

The future is bright.
I agree with the first and third point.

Re: the second

Last 3: Scored 11 - No Akinde!
MCB

mcleod23 wrote: H Taylor is still crap but I've my point on that one.
I won't go into this in depth, but 1) he's far from crap and 2) how many games has he played in his preferred position? Or his 2nd preferred position?

We're shoehorning in a very young player due to injuries, he's played almost every minute in an unfamilar position where he's got talented wingers running at him (not used to in his normal positions - CB & CM) - so learning a new position in league football without a break. And no sign of a break. Brindley not back to new year. Possibly Mauro covering his position when Blackman comes back from his ban. He's much more comfortable there than Clough was as well.

Should also mention how calm he is with the ball in his own box - more so than any of the other back 5.

Harry's my Young Player of The Year currently as a result - with some serious competition.
LoudmouthBFC

mcleod23 wrote:Beereasonable - Rossi did change it and brought Fonguck on. We were far too open second half which is why he brought the sitter on, something Fonguck did similarly vs Luton.

H Taylor is still crap but I've my point on that one.

Clough was outstanding and didn't give No.9 a sniff - for someone we were supposedly in for, I'm glad we didn't get him.

JCR has calmed down and stopped charging around now, picks up pockets and really influences everything for us now.

Shaq is a changed man, feel like he could score every time he gets the ball and made Forde pull off a couple of saves.

Tutonda is an unbelievable athlete and a real threat from LWB. RB shat himself all game.

Super Mauro looks busy, energetic, covers ground and scored his two chances. Goals from midfield is what we wanted.

Ross looks calm and have full faith there. Having the ball down the other end simply from his kicking certainly helps when under pressure. Kicked corners very well.

Exeter will be very different and play football rather than Camb.

He's not crap but he does get caught out at times, but he's still young and learning.
becbee

IMO it's completely uncalled for to describe any young player who always gives of his best "crap".
Mem Beespod

LoudmouthBFC wrote:
mcleod23 wrote:Beereasonable - Rossi did change it and brought Fonguck on. We were far too open second half which is why he brought the sitter on, something Fonguck did similarly vs Luton.

Clough was outstanding and didn't give No.9 a sniff - for someone we were supposedly in for, I'm glad we didn't get him.

JCR has calmed down and stopped charging around now, picks up pockets and really influences everything for us now.

Shaq is a changed man, feel like he could score every time he gets the ball and made Forde pull off a couple of saves.

Tutonda is an unbelievable athlete and a real threat from LWB. RB shat himself all game.

Super Mauro looks busy, energetic, covers ground and scored his two chances. Goals from midfield is what we wanted.

Ross looks calm and have full faith there. Having the ball down the other end simply from his kicking certainly helps when under pressure. Kicked corners very well.

He's not crap but he does get caught out at times, but he's still young and learning.

Totally agree. Decision making and positioning comes with experience. Harry must be approaching 30 games now?
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
Mem Beespod

Mauro is starting to remind me of Kante in that CM position. Not a huge presence but covers some ground and nipping in to make repeated interceptions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
jamiefrbees

it's so funny that a scapegoat simply MUST be found. Now Weston is out of the frame, Harry Taylor seems the next best target.
letchbee94

Playing good football scoring goals and find ourselves in top 7 currently and this without 4 keys players in the team.
Early days still but am liking what Rossi is doing so far.

Looking forward to top of the table Exeter on Tuesday night who are yet to lose a game (they have to lose 1 at some point :) )
hoppy

letchbee94 wrote:Playing good football scoring goals and find ourselves in top 7 currently and this without 4 keys players in the team.
Early days still but am liking what Rossi is doing so far.

Looking forward to top of the table Exeter on Tuesday night who are yet to lose a game (they have to lose 1 at some point :) )
Yet to lose a game, but who gave they played?
Looking at today's League 2 table the highest placed team they have played is 9th placed Swindon. They drew away to Swindon 1 1, we beat them 4 1. Other league games have been against Lincoln (11th), Newport (12th), Cambridge United (15th) who they beat 1 0 at home, we beat them 3 1, Cheltenham (21st) and FGR (22nd).
Our only two league defeats have been against Crewe (4th) and Stevenage 5th).
We will be the highest-placed team that Exeter will have faced so far.
Nothing to be feared.
#Beebot

Mr Smart wrote:
LoudmouthBFC wrote:

Totally agree. Decision making and positioning comes with experience. Harry must be approaching 30 games now?
Now on 45 appearances for us in all competitions (39 in the league).
mcleod23

Exeter will be tough. Hoppy makes a good point with those games. Watching the goals FGR gave them yesterday, I'd hope we'll be a little tighter.

Should make for a good game but as always, I hope our athleticism and pace that we play with now will always cause some problems. Pity we won't get to see Tarpey up front but hear the main man is not too far away now.

Akinola has a small sniff now with Tarpey out so I hope he gets his head down as he does have something.
Edd1

I've only been to one game so far this season the rest I've been following on highlights.

From that limited view..... what has impressed me is if you compare to how things were under Mark Robson.

Both clearly have the team set up to play passing possession football and want to entertain. The trouble with Robson was they seemed to lack the killer instinct. It was all very pretty but possession seemed to be for the sake of possession. RE seems to have got the team a bit more focused with that killer instinct to make the possession count and the passes aimed at getting towards the goal.

It may seem like an obvious thing to point out but I think it is that difference in focus that is the difference.

It is still early days. 6 games is not a lot and I remember once being told not to look at a league table before universities start back. But..... 4 points from the next two games should see us start to establish ourselves as a top 7 team. 6 points from those games and I might start to get a little bit exciteable.....
Milkfloat

Edd1 wrote:I've only been to one game so far this season the rest I've been following on highlights.

From that limited view..... what has impressed me is if you compare to how things were under Mark Robson.

Both clearly have the team set up to play passing possession football and want to entertain. The trouble with Robson was they seemed to lack the killer instinct. It was all very pretty but possession seemed to be for the sake of possession. RE seems to have got the team a bit more focused with that killer instinct to make the possession count and the passes aimed at getting towards the goal.

It may seem like an obvious thing to point out but I think it is that difference in focus that is the difference.

It is still early days. 6 games is not a lot and I remember once being told not to look at a league table before universities start back. But..... 4 points from the next two games should see us start to establish ourselves as a top 7 team. 6 points from those games and I might start to get a little bit exciteable.....
Simple answer really regarding Robson. We have a lot more better players now then Robson ever had.
South_Belfast_Bee

Edd1 wrote:It is still early days. 6 games is not a lot and I remember once being told not to look at a league table before universities start back. But..... 4 points from the next two games should see us start to establish ourselves as a top 7 team. 6 points from those games and I might start to get a little bit exciteable.....
As a kid I recall the papers not even bothering to print the tables until a month in.