Cambridge (Hive) The Shaqademical Match Thread

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Mem Beespod

Re: Cambridge (Hive) The Shaqademical Match Thread

Really don't get anyone picking out an issue with Harry Taylor. Just rewatched the game on ifollow and Harry gave the ball away about 5 times in the whole match!! Won pretty much all his 1v1s and one in particular resulted in him running 40 yards with the ball for him to then lay the ball off to Shaq. Solid as anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BeesPod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod

Member of Bring Barnet Back campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61557502963938
becbee

mcleod23 wrote: Negativity - seen it all before at Barnet before tbh that's all! May want to check my summary of yesterday's game and comments on Tutonda. Feel we've gone overboard with talents of youngsters before, Sykes was the next big thing, Stevens the next goalmachine, Shomotun etc etc. I feel you have to guard against these youngsters before jumping up and down about them. Rossi has shown that this season by hardly involving them (Kyei, Shomotun, EMC, Cojocoral)
I don't disagree with your comment that some fans have gone overboard on occasion. However I can't agree that just because certain young players failed to fulfil the positive expectations of some supporters, you consider the best response is to be openly negative about a current young player because you are waiting for him to ultimately fail?

Every player was young once. Just as every one of us was young once and starting out in our careers and needed the support of those around us.

And yes, you were positive about Tutonda. But like all players, he will in the future have his off days. Will you remain positive about him then?
Norfolkbee

If you read certain press comments (and opponents' message boards), we appear to have caught both Cambridge and Swindon on "bad days". How much can be read into this and how much is Barnet simply being the better team?
BeesKnees

Norfolkbee wrote:If you read certain press comments (and opponents' message boards), we appear to have caught both Cambridge and Swindon on "bad days". How much can be read into this and how much is Barnet simply being the better team?
We work hard closing sides down. By denying them time and space it makes them look poorer than when they play teams that sit.
becbee

Swindon started well enough against us, their problem appeared to be the way they let their heads drop after conceding what from their prospective were 2 soft goals. That's an attitude issue. However had they beaten us, they'd now be in joint second place so they clearly are no slouches.
Cambridge were just a bunch of in your face bullies, presumably those tactics usually work better for them than they did on Saturday. When they didn't work against us, they didn't have the nous to change things. But again, had they beaten us, they'd now be 7th or 8th.

So in both cases, well done us - but our opponents did contribute to their own downfall.
mcleod23

becbee wrote:
mcleod23 wrote: Negativity - seen it all before at Barnet before tbh that's all! May want to check my summary of yesterday's game and comments on Tutonda. Feel we've gone overboard with talents of youngsters before, Sykes was the next big thing, Stevens the next goalmachine, Shomotun etc etc. I feel you have to guard against these youngsters before jumping up and down about them. Rossi has shown that this season by hardly involving them (Kyei, Shomotun, EMC, Cojocoral)
I don't disagree with your comment that some fans have gone overboard on occasion. However I can't agree that just because certain young players failed to fulfil the positive expectations of some supporters, you consider the best response is to be openly negative about a current young player because you are waiting for him to ultimately fail?

Every player was young once. Just as every one of us was young once and starting out in our careers and needed the support of those around us.

And yes, you were positive about Tutonda. But like all players, he will in the future have his off days. Will you remain positive about him then?
Of course players will have off days, nature of football. I don't think I'll be the only one to criticise a bad performance however. For me Tutonda has shown a lot more in the last 2 months than Taylor in the last 2 seasons so naturally many are willing to give players more slack who perform at the higher standard each week.

Convo is going round in circles.

Re Norfolk's comment - it's the same stuff each season, how can you lose to crappy Barnet, they've got no money, poor crowds blah blah. The team works hard, plays with structure and closes space down quickly, this at any level gives you more of a chance to be successful. This is the best learning Rossi has taken from Allen's tenure.
Itai-bee

Norfolkbee wrote:If you read certain press comments (and opponents' message boards), we appear to have caught both Cambridge and Swindon on "bad days". How much can be read into this and how much is Barnet simply being the better team?
We are little old Barnet.When we lose it's because we're crap. When we win It's because the other team were crap on the day.
Hasn't that always been the case?.
Norfolkbee

Itai-bee wrote:
We are little old Barnet.When we lose it's because we're crap. When we win It's because the other team were crap on the day.
I think that's simplifying it just a tad. I can understand fans saying that, but not the managers.
Itai-bee

Norfolkbee wrote:
Itai-bee wrote:
I think that's simplifying it just a tad. I can understand fans saying that, but not the managers.
After we beat Luton.Nathan Jones(Luton manager) commented,Barnet could be a surprise team this season.They are very organised and hard to play against.
amberforever

Itai-bee wrote:
Norfolkbee wrote:
Itai-bee wrote:
Definitely the case if you believe the BBC sports write ups.
barnetpete

...and if you are a 'big' club, don't be surprised as the manager that the Board can't take the defeat and sack you.
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
jamiefrbees

let's put it this way, i will be very very surprised if Exeter beat us tomorrow night. I think a score draw or narrow Barnet victory most likely

the papers can then, again, write what they want