Shuttle Bus Publicity

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
Milkfloat

Shuttle Bus Publicity

The shuttle bus is a very useful and welcome service for a number of us. I am sure more people would use it though if it was publicised a bit. I may have been looking in the wrong places but I could see no mention of it at all on the new website. If people don't know it exists or the timetable, they are not likely to use it. Perhaps a bit of advertising and something on the website might be a good idea? Surely if the club is doing something good, they should shout about it?
Milkfloat

Re: Shuttle Bus Publicity

One press release from 8 August - when many people would have been on holiday - is not exactly blanket advertising.

If I was thinking about going to the Hive yesterday for the first time this season, where would I have found out about the shuttle? I may have decided to drive instead, putting more pressure on parking spaces at the Hive and lengthening the queues to get in and out. I may have just not bothered going on the basis that it was too much hassle getting there and back from Barnet or Potters Bar.

It should not be difficult to put a small bit on the website alongside information on tickets. I fail to see why this has not been done. Its a good service - make sure people know about it!
South_Belfast_Bee

Milkfloat wrote:One press release from 8 August - when many people would have been on holiday - is not exactly blanket advertising.

If I was thinking about going to the Hive yesterday for the first time this season, where would I have found out about the shuttle? I may have decided to drive instead, putting more pressure on parking spaces at the Hive and lengthening the queues to get in and out. I may have just not bothered going on the basis that it was too much hassle getting there and back from Barnet or Potters Bar.

It should not be difficult to put a small bit on the website alongside information on tickets. I fail to see why this has not been done. Its a good service - make sure people know about it!
There's a poster about it in the gents. (Seriously!)
jerroll

Milkfloat wrote:One press release from 8 August - when many people would have been on holiday - is not exactly blanket advertising.

How about thanks for posting the link - won't bother again!!!
Milkfloat

Apologies. Thank you for the link kind sir.

One other small thing - would it not be a good idea to put a small sign in the window of the coach with "Barnet FC Shuttle Bus" on it? Would be a very cheap and simple way of increasing awareness of the service.
Milkfloat

Someone appears to be listening - section on the shuttle bus on the tickets page on the website. Well done whoever! You might want to check that you have got all the prices correct though....
b4life

How popular has it been so far this season?
Mark Whitelegg
Chair - BFCSA1926
alexbach

Doubtful this info is in the programme so that's a paragraph for Crawley

Sent from my 5051X using Tapatalk
Milkfloat

b4life wrote:How popular has it been so far this season?
Certainly room for a few more onboard. Quiet on the way in but busier on the way home.

There are a couple of quirks about the route that I am slightly mystified about. Firstly, it used to stop at New Barnet British Rail station, were a few people always got on and off but that seems to have stopped. Secondly, it is now supposed to stop at Edgware Academy but I have never once seen anyone get on or off there.
barnet1958

alexbach wrote:Doubtful this info is in the programme so that's a paragraph for Crawley

Full page shuttle bus timetable has been included in this season's programmes.
beew

Milkfloat wrote:
b4life wrote:How popular has it been so far this season?
Certainly room for a few more onboard. Quiet on the way in but busier on the way home.

There are a couple of quirks about the route that I am slightly mystified about. Firstly, it used to stop at New Barnet British Rail station, were a few people always got on and off but that seems to have stopped. Secondly, it is now supposed to stop at Edgware Academy but I have never once seen anyone get on or off there.
New Barnet was dropped as it stretched the schedule and made it late on the last leg before the game. The Spur Road stop was added when the route changed (due to a weak bridge) and I believe in conjunction with a Barnet fc sponsored community centre within the housing complex. And yes I've never seen anyone get on there either.
alexbach

Page 40 of the exeter programme.times in full