Chairmans Q&A answers

Anything and everything related to Barnet FC
BeesKnees

Re: Chairmans Q&A answers

Nice little pop at Bob Blackman there.
barnetpete

Reckon someone will have shown TK the comments from the house of commons when BB said he never gets a response. This was TK’s right of reply. All very tit for tat
Please consider donating, to help disadvantaged Children & Young People in Barnet, https://www.youngbarnetfoundation.org.uk/donate,
ninestein

Good explanation of why we are planning the indoor sports hall.
That's a very good point about the site becoming multi-sporting and the new mix of customers taking in the site.

At least TK acknowledges that our support base needs to grow. A winning team playing decent football is only half the mixture, the other half is the marketing and strategy. Rossi is starting to get the first half in order even though the season is still young. The chairman talks about the membership scheme again. For sure, over the course of a season it's superb value for money if you come to most games. But we also need to have a strategy to pull in new/casual fans (regardless of where they live) for smaller volumes of games first. They will want to "try us out" and maybe even give us a second or third look before committing to longer term memberships.

I think it's fair to say that the recruitment came good for us in the end this summer. Interesting comment about the midfielder we couldn't quite get in before the deadline, and that more news will follow on that. Does that mean there's a done deal for January already??
Last edited by ninestein on 12 Sep 2017, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Barnet showing all the flair of Rupert-the-Bears trousers, but lots more style!
hoofer2

Very good answers from TK - we are a club that is going places.

Regarding this question "What are the club doing to increase the atmosphere at the ground? The singing is almost gone and the enthusiasm during the games are often far from good."

The atmosphere was sucked off the terraces well before the move to The Hive, in at least the last 5+ seasons probably more at Underhill it was a miserable atmosphere and got worse and worse, briefly lifted by Edgar David's appointment. If we had not been relegated before our first season at the Hive and Davids was managing a League 2 club, perhaps he would have taken the management mores seriously (like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink) and the feel good factor on the pitch continue (though off the pitch there was a polarised for or against the hive)
ninestein

hoofer2 wrote:Very good answers from TK - we are a club that is going places.

Regarding this question "What are the club doing to increase the atmosphere at the ground? The singing is almost gone and the enthusiasm during the games are often far from good."

The atmosphere was sucked off the terraces well before the move to The Hive, in at least the last 5+ seasons probably more at Underhill it was a miserable atmosphere and got worse and worse, briefly lifted by Edgar David's appointment. If we had not been relegated before our first season at the Hive and Davids was managing a League 2 club, perhaps he would have taken the management mores seriously (like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink) and the feel good factor on the pitch continue (though off the pitch there was a polarised for or against the hive)
Totally agree, the atmosphere had been flat for several seasons prior to the move. For me, it never really recovered after we were shunted down to the lower part of the East Terrace, but the club had it's logistical reasons for having to do this.

Prior to this period, we had a generation of fans who would make plenty of noise home and away. The construction of the South Stand later on may also have split some of these people away, and like myself, many others don't get to every game now because they have grown up and got families etc. Perhaps that gap hasn't been filled up enough because our football between 2009 and 2014 was so poor and didn't pull enough new "younger" fans in to take up the mantle. What we want are more teenagers/students/early 20's. Then a few of the old-school bees to show them the way...

Catching the above demographic is not an easy task though. The amount of football now on TV hinders us, and then you've also got the obstacle of the school playground and whether teens really want to disclose their support for a league 2 club whilst everyone else is talking Tottenham or Arsenal.

I remember coming to games with my Dad/Grandad from the age of 10, so I was hooked before my teens. But it wasn't until I was around 15 when I started going by myself, that I felt able to join in with the rest of the East Terrace.
Mem Beespod

ninestein wrote:I think it's fair to say that the recruitment came good for us in the end this summer. Interesting comment about the midfielder we couldn't quite get in before the deadline, and that more news will follow on that. Does that mean there's a done deal for January already??
Was it potentially a player that was trying to get his contract cancelled right before the end of the window? Could be the reason there wasn't time to get a deal done what with FA needing to ratify the cancellation.
Beespod - Best in Non League podcast 2023
https://linktr.ee/beespod
ninestein

Rossi suggested that because the Dave Tarpey transfer played out right up until the window, it left no time to complete the other deal. Of course, there's probably more to it than meets the eye.
John_c

He mentions the Bombay Bees. I like that. Presumably they're local new fans?

Saw them on Saturday and had to admire their enthusiasm. Long may it continue.
Proud Sponsor of Luisma Villa Lopez's Football Conference Winning Away Shirt. Season 2014/15

Proud Winner of the Sponsor Marvin Armstrong Shirt Raffle 2023/24

Worlds best Prediction League player
hoofer2

ninestein wrote:Rossi suggested that because the Dave Tarpey transfer played out right up until the window, it left no time to complete the other deal. Of course, there's probably more to it than meets the eye.
like why was everything left to last day when there were weeks available to sort this out
jerroll

hoofer2 wrote:
ninestein wrote:Rossi suggested that because the Dave Tarpey transfer played out right up until the window, it left no time to complete the other deal. Of course, there's probably more to it than meets the eye.
like why was everything left to last day when there were weeks available to sort this out
agreed - window ran from 1/7 - 31/8!!
jamiefrbees

test
jonbonbaby

just because the window runs for that period doesn't mean the selling club are willing to do business for that period, it isnt a computer game , its dealing with real people who can be stubborn etc etc